No talk of strike by management

Michael Scott

Has anyone heard anything from management about what is very quickly approaching? There has not been one word said about a potential strike, a new contract, or anything of the sort, from any member of management at my center. Nothing in the pcms. Its like theyre pretending nothing is happening. I have noticed several part time driver sups doing ride alongs in the last few weeks, none with me though.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Has anyone heard anything from management about what is very quickly approaching? There has not been one word said about a potential strike, a new contract, or anything of the sort, from any member of management at my center. Nothing in the pcms. Its like theyre pretending nothing is happening. I have noticed several part time driver sups doing ride alongs in the last few weeks, none with me though.
I've had fairly candid conversations with my supervisor about it.

He thinks we will strike. Doesn't see Carol moving from her position, and I don't see Sean moving from his.

YourMissingCallTag

If I remember correctly, about a week and a half ago our center manager read a statement from Carol Tome saying the company wanted to negotiate in good faith blah blah blah. Otherwise it’s been crickets but I’ve noticed some PT supes browning up and running routes or going out for test drives. Temps in my area are going to be close to 100 degrees after August 1st. Should be good times!

Arizax2

Mangment is not as worried as most people thought. Each function has a contingency plan in place. This isn't 1997. With automated facilities and a plethora of access points the the company will do its best to service what they can. Hopefully this gets resolved before the end of the week.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Covid part two. "Get er'done"!

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
What difference would it make if they were talking nonsense about it.

RUDoneYet

Help will be there in the form of union free employees joining teamsters during the preload and delivery activities beginning this Friday and all through the weekend into Monday, July 31. One big happy family.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They lie like rugs. Who cares what they think

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Mangment is not as worried as most people thought. Each function has a contingency plan in place. This isn't 1997. With automated facilities and a plethora of access points the the company will do its best to service what they can. Hopefully this gets resolved before the end of the week.
No...

RangerMan06

The contingency plan I've heard is that we'll not be making ANY pickups starting Wednesday in my center

Shorts365

I've had fairly candid conversations with my supervisor about it.

He thinks we will strike. Doesn't see Carol moving from her position, and I don't see Sean moving from his.
Same here. Also there was one on-road talking to another about event they'd like to attend mid-August and they reminded that they shouldn't get tickets just yet. Meanwhile I'm gonna be nursing my river day hangovers at the picket line.