Members Not Voting

Whither

Scofflaw
But in a RTW state.... why wouldn't a Local be pro-active in doing so ?

Good question, I can only say my local (RTW state) doesn't seem terribly proactive. I've never had a problem piping up for myself, but you'd think that if the union wanted to encourage rank and file participation and maintaining -- hell, improving -- working conditions, new members would go through at least a rudimentary training comparable to drive school and the packet.

It's no secret that most new hires are used to working in unorganized/'at-will' workplaces and that the workforce in general doesn't have a lot of self-respect ...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My "contention" is I have paid my dues, and am entitled to my opinion. If you agree or not.

Dude;

I wasn't ragging on you about it. I know you are a "red-circled" pre 1982

and we both started around the same time. We have to be close....

He likely doesn't realize that "BigUnionGuy"s typically pay the highest dues in their Local....as long as they are "BigUnionGuy"s???

Exactly.

The highest paying dues members in my Local are UPS.

Be glad you don't have pilots.... ;)

truckofdreams

Not only due most members not get involved without fear of retaliation now there is starting to become a divide in our center/building 22.4 vs rpcd they have already started giving them the better earlier start times example 5:30am 7am work that was considered extra work. And now having them cover drivers pick ups and take work off them to get them in at 8 hours or less. But many drivers want the extra ot but now the 22.4s are getting 50-60 hours a week and the rpcd are getting 40-45 the 22.4 believe they deserve the extra money because they make less per hour while the rpcd feel they should get the work because of seniority. Let’s see how local 79 handles this mess. I’m sure this is how ups wants us to act. Old war strategy divide and then conquer.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Not only do most members not get involved without fear of retaliation

That's the lamest excuse ever.

Drivers that are afraid of "retaliation" have access to the grievance procedure.

now there is starting to become a divide in our center/building 22.4 vs rpcd they have already started giving them the better earlier start times example 5:30am 7am work that was considered extra work.

It's a different job classification.

Extra work.... has been defined as work "unplanned or scheduled".

And now having them cover drivers pick ups and take work off them to get them in at 8 hours or less. But many drivers want the extra ot but now the 22.4s are getting 50-60 hours a week and the rpcd are getting 40-45 the 22.4 believe they deserve the extra money because they make less per hour while the rpcd feel they should get the work because of seniority.

The members (almost) unanimously voiced their opinion.

They didn't want to work weekends, and wanted reduction in overtime.

The IBT delivered.... yet people.... still complain.

Vote next time.

-Bug-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not only due most members not get involved without fear of retaliation now there is starting to become a divide in our center/building 22.4 vs rpcd they have already started giving them the better earlier start times example 5:30am 7am work that was considered extra work. And now having them cover drivers pick ups and take work off them to get them in at 8 hours or less. But many drivers want the extra ot but now the 22.4s are getting 50-60 hours a week and the rpcd are getting 40-45 the 22.4 believe they deserve the extra money because they make less per hour while the rpcd feel they should get the work because of seniority. Let’s see how local 79 handles this mess. I’m sure this is how ups wants us to act. Old war strategy divide and then conquer.

And nobody saw this coming

SMH

truckofdreams

Drivers that are afraid of "retaliation" have access to the grievance procedure.

Vote next time.
I’m in a rtw state so the union sucks down here. Everyone is happy now that there working 8 and gate until there take home is only 1k then they complain they want more hours but never file on anything. Great example don’t live beyond your means. All the Drivers with the brand new Chevy and ford diesel trucks are freaking out because they lived off the ot some have brand new boats that there like I need to average 55 hours a week. I hope next contract the members get there act together because at this rate there will be no union in the next 20 years. Good thing I have 6 more to go.[/QUOTE]

What'dyabringmetoday???

Vote next time.

-Bug-
Delivered- nice choice with that one. But as usual, your heroes brought a knife to a gun fight. Probably actually brought a stick.