104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
104 is in a right to work state, many don’t even join the union
We are RTW(for less) but we have done very well organizing at UPS and other industries (Swire/CocaCola was a recent successful drive). We have over 8000 members and every single one is a member by choice. Last GM meeting we had 30 new members come on to be sworn in, most wearing "friend%$@ OZ" Raider shirts they had made for themselves, it was quite a sight.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Good rebuttal...but for :

"Vairma will get us a (Fair)..(NOT GREAT) contract, O'Brien will be unreasonable and push the Company into a corner. Keep stock on how many new loaded trucks (your) members buy next year, how many houses.....(They will be the first to cross.")...(You are beginning to sound like the 2018 negotiating committees).. :beafraid:

:fantasysmiley:

Obviously...You been living in California too long...and do not know (OUR) Members.

:villagewrong:.....:strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys::strikesmileys:
Did we turn to the bottle?
California? I have never lived anywhere but Arizona.
Package here had atrocious rates of people crossing, mostly non-members. None of our Feeder drivers crossed though.
Didn't you say something about not knowing what you were talking about?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
It would've been a win had they replaced cover drivers with 22.4s, but now they have both.
True which is wrong because it was supposed to replace the TCD language. I'm sure there is a grievance on this but Package isn't my department for a long time now. Someone mentioned pay disparity and 22.4s are very close to RCPDs in progression, and since none have hit the end of that progression yet the pay issue is moot. They do get the opportunity for double time on Monday's which gives them a nice boost. The more questions I ask of people actually involved in the 22.4 arena just reinforces that it's a non-issue here. Regardless that was all negotiated before raising the minimum wage had taken effect, before Market Rate Adjustments, before this monumental shift in the job market. It seems to me it will all be scrapped or vastly improved in the next contract just so they can staff Saturday and Sunday delivery if they even want to keep doing that.

True which is wrong because it was supposed to replace the TCD language. I'm sure there is a grievance on this but Package isn't my department for a long time now. Someone mentioned pay disparity and 22.4s are very close to RCPDs in progression, and since none have hit the end of that progression yet the pay issue is moot. They do get the opportunity for double time on Monday's which gives them a nice boost. The more questions I ask of people actually involved in the 22.4 arena just reinforces that it's a non-issue here. Regardless that was all negotiated before raising the minimum wage had taken effect, before Market Rate Adjustments, before this monumental shift in the job market. It seems to me it will all be scrapped or vastly improved in the next contract just so they can staff Saturday and Sunday delivery if they even want to keep doing that.
It was never meant to replace TCD language, not even here. As we went over the proposal in '18, KS phrased it similarly and was displeased with my tone when I suggested that very thing. Granted, similar to you, I can come off a certain type of way, so I didn't take it personally. But, it was very clear that we were going to have both.

I get your point, and I'm not saying people like or dislike it, I have no idea, but I know it's a second class package driver with no protections, and that's a concession anywhere.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Did we turn to the bottle?
California? I have never lived anywhere but Arizona.
Package here had atrocious rates of people crossing, mostly non-members. None of our Feeder drivers crossed though.
Didn't you say something about not knowing what you were talking about?

We can only comment on what we are seeing on our buildings, there is a huge difference between what is going on in Arizona and where I work at in Ohio. In “97” we only had two members who freaked out and crossed in the first day, a feeder and a package, they quickly joined the line on the second day. There was a IAM Mechanic that crossed and his business agent went in and dragged him out.

Every Teamster in our building are due paying members....

542thruNthru

We can only comment on what we are seeing on our buildings, there is a huge difference between what is going on in Arizona and where I work at in Ohio. In “97” we only had two members who freaked out and crossed in the first day, a feeder and a package, they quickly joined the line on the second day. There was a IAM Mechanic that crossed and his business agent went in and dragged him out.
We had idiots actually picket the local during the strike.
Every Teamster in our building are due paying members....
You're not a RTW states though are you?

bowhnterdon

Sell out??? Would that be the same JC 83 who's Pension is funded over 100% and is reportedly preparing to increase benefits? The Pension Fund that JW sits on as a Trustee and has for several years? I'm not sure how red headed step children are normally treated, but I don't think that qualifies in this case. I guess you must have forgotten to put that in your post, accidentally I'm sure. I'd say there are thousands of UPSers around the country who would love to get some of that red headed step child treatment.
Well, looking around at other funds, Retirees in 83 pay a premium, $580 for yourself, $680 with a spouse

bowhnterdon

Well, looking around at other funds, Retirees in 83 pay a premium, $580 for yourself, $680 with a spouse
And it continues to rise. The last 2 years was the first time it didn’t rise. We all expect to take another hit on HC, and Inflation to eat more of your Pension away…

DELACROIX

We had idiots actually picket the local during the strike.

You're not a RTW states though are you?

It did separate the sheep from the goats, some of the members were getting pressured by their wives, particularly during the second and third week. That 50 dollar check from the strike fund did not help either. I remember volunteering down at the Union Hall, we were making calls to the members to support the lines, our president of the local was a loyal, straight up Unionist, I brought my 8 year son with me and he commented to him about me just helping out...We really did not have any issues on the line...all the A-Holes on the management side stayed in their offices, a couple of on (cool) road sups ran token routes, we joked with them as they left....I remember in the second week our business agent decided to have us follow the package cars around to their stops, and picket the businesses that they were delivering to...It was a silly game, they took pictures of us as we just waved and posed.

Ohio is not a RTW state...a lot of strong Union support in every level...

DELACROIX

Healthcare for retirees are under a separate benefit plan not related to your pension benefit. What Health and Welfare Plan is JC83 under...(Team Care)?

Our Health and Welfare packages are fueled by Article 34, roughly It goes up 30 dollars a week for every year under the contract. The retiree's premiums are governed by how well the plan is doing, it can change annually...this benefit is a negotiable item...With what is this pandemic and the government's involvement we really have no clue to whether the costs of our health coverages will go up or down.

542thruNthru

It did separate the sheep from the goats, some of the members were getting pressured by their wives, particularly during the second and third week. That 50 dollar check from the strike fund did not help either. I remember volunteering down at the Union Hall, we were making calls to the members to support the lines, our president of the local was a loyal, straight up Unionist, I brought my 8 year son with me and he commented to him about me just helping out...We really did not have any issues on the line...all the A-Holes on the management side stayed in their offices, a couple of on (cool) road sups ran token routes, we joked with them as they left....I remember in the second week our business agent decided to have us follow the package cars around to their stops, and picket the businesses that they were delivering to...It was a silly game, they took pictures of us as we just waved and posed.

Ohio is not a RTW state...a lot of strong Union support in every level...
Our BAs/organizers at the local were throwing frozen coke cans at the windows of scab feeder trucks as they were coming to the building.

Most members treated it as a picnic/parking BBQ.

I've been attacked before about the # that crossed because everyone thinks it was slim to none but we had a few and a bunch ready to break the day before from what stewards/officials back then told me.

Boston25

So? Cover drivers finally had the opportunity to go friend/t then convert to RCPD later. No one here complains about 22.4s. They did not want to work Sat or Sun so 22.4. They wanted 9.5s to go down, 22.4s helped. They love that management has to go 22.4 as part of the ratio. You want to push that 22.4 was a concession and I get that but it's not in the West when the option was forcing "any non-consecutive 5 days in 7" as Zuckerman did so they could staff Saturday & Sunday delivery. Get off the propaganda and read some actual contracts OZ has negotiated.

We negotiate our own work rules but since you bring it up, you should probably look at who has negotiated part-time Feeder (O'Brien). Oh so now you think there is some great inequity? Where is this concept you speak of in the contract? Is it in Article 40?

We had a vote and the 2/3 margin was not met. You don't get a do-over because you don't like it. This idea that we can just ignore rules we don't like without going through the official process to change them is immature. Get over it. Why couldn't you get the vote out? Did you just put all your efforts on social media that has lost TDU election after election?

Were you even here in 1997?

I've been here over 32 years dude. Supporting the strike while it was happening was one thing and I did to a level you could not even match. The fact is we were sold a pack of lies. That was a pissing match between Ron Carey and Jim Kelly. Carey was itching to strike and got us to authorize it when he could have just kept negotiating and working under the old contract. Any maroon should know that you don't strike in August especially in Phoenix when it's 110+. You wait until November when a strike will have more effect and exert more pressure. O'Brien isn't that smart but he's itching to strike too as are all of your "vote no" people. Again, mark my words.

Vairma will get us a fair contract, O'Brien will be unreasonable and push the Company into a corner. Keep stock on how many new loaded trucks your members buy next year, how many houses.....they will be the first to cross.

How many more deflective posts are you going to make that ignore the facts about JW harming my members, cheating us out of Feeder jobs and $58,000 in penalty pay? Lot of false concern for a subclass of Package driver when you ignore that the more who move into Feeder means more RCPDs.
O’Brien negotiated PT Feeder drivers? Hmm I must have missed that in the New England supplement.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Our BAs/organizers at the local were throwing frozen coke cans at the windows of scab feeder trucks as they were coming to the building.

Most members treated it as a picnic/parking BBQ.

I've been attacked before about the # that crossed because everyone thinks it was slim to none but we had a few and a bunch ready to break the day before from what stewards/officials back then told me.
Nobody crossed up here in the land of high taxes.

bowhnterdon

Healthcare for retirees are under a separate benefit plan not related to your pension benefit. What Health and Welfare Plan is JC83 under...(Team Care)?

Our Health and Welfare packages are fueled by Article 34, roughly It goes up 30 dollars a week for every year under the contract. The retiree's premiums are governed by how well the plan is doing, it can change annually...this benefit is a negotiable item...With what is this pandemic and the government's involvement we really have no clue to whether the costs of our health coverages will go up or down.
No, we are not Teamcare, Pension and HC are in the same Fund. JC 83

Again, ask yourself what my motivation would be, or my BA's (who is non-political), to go after an at-large VP. I'm not here to waste time. You're hiding behind ignorance, asking for information you know is not available. These aren't courtrooms. I have the grievances in the docket I processes, these aren't difficult issues and you know it. Stop deflecting, own up to your corrupt slate.
“ BA who is non-political” -who are you trying to convince. Pics added.

Attachments

• 5BDC9C37-2079-4D26-9E1D-86B3696E2977.jpeg
    5BDC9C37-2079-4D26-9E1D-86B3696E2977.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 58
  • 2752452A-475B-4809-BD14-6CD49C7355D0.jpeg
    2752452A-475B-4809-BD14-6CD49C7355D0.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 429B8A11-3BA5-426E-82A9-9D6906FDDAE0.jpeg
    429B8A11-3BA5-426E-82A9-9D6906FDDAE0.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 67
  • C513B3FB-360C-4752-86D7-80B24EF5FDE1.jpeg
    C513B3FB-360C-4752-86D7-80B24EF5FDE1.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 3DEA3597-0B93-4ABD-97FE-1C695A40B447.jpeg
    3DEA3597-0B93-4ABD-97FE-1C695A40B447.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 67
22.4's are not a concession in the West, a fact you repeatedly ignore. You do this on purpose because it's politically expedient. If you cared about Package Drivers you would be mad that JW directly cost us Feeder jobs (you know, where Package Drivers move up into air-conditioned tractors?). The 2/3 rule was still part of the rules in 2018, like it or not.

Incorrect. It's still mostly UPS contributing, the contribution rates are in the Riders. We got a nice boost from the buyout but we were doing great before that too. No one ever complains about their pension or retiree healthcare here. Open your eyes and see you support the guy who got less than half our contribution for his Local.

Carey 2.0'Brien will have you on strike in 2023. No one forced anyone to not mail in their vote. O'Brien is a loose cannon.

Age=Wisdom; youth=impetuousness.
“22.4’s are not a concession in the west” - coming from a feeder driver.

Just because people took the 22.4 position to get full time hours and increase pay (from part time) doesn’t mean it’s not a concession.

Here in AZ 22.4’s are not combo workers. They drive only. Doing the same job as an RPCD but paid less with very little rights. That is a concession. From a company that makes record profits yearly.