104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Subcontracting.

Every Feeder Driver hates this more than anything.

Every Package Driver waiting to go to Feeders should be even more pissed because subcontracting keeps you in that non-air conditioned Package car.

150 bundled grievances regarding subcontracted LOCAL work were denied, DENIED, by the National Air Committee without deliberation or explanation even after the Company was caught changing some of their exhibits on rebuttal.

Who chairs the National Air Committee?

If TU will sell us out they will sell you out too.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This has been a problem for years in our Hub in Sparks, NV. At first we were able to get a handle on it but for several years it has been like sticking your finger in a leaking dike.

I blame apathy with the membership. Most drivers are fat and sassy. Most PTers are not long term employees.

And management knows all they have to do is keep pecking away piece by piece......

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Does bundling create more problems than it's worth?

The absence of any explanation is troublesome. Perhaps we need rules requiring explanation of decisions?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Does bundling create more problems than it's worth?

The absence of any explanation is troublesome. Perhaps we need rules requiring explanation of decisions?
That is the normal process for hearing grievances that are essentially similar. Filing an all affected grievance, or "et. al." is the same thing.

What's really going on here is sickening and should be glaringly obvious. Connect the dots.

DiadesSuk

I find it interesting that his running promise is to provide diversity to the Teamsters lol. Is that even necessary? Why cant it just be about the members of the union and what they want as a whole versus, "ive been told that we need more diversity in the union leadership".. lol

542thruNthru

Wright’s top three priorities if elected to IBT Vice President At-Large are to increase diversity so that the IBT better reflected the diversity of our membership.

So does this mean James Wright is voting for Teamster Power slate? He wants to increase diversity in the IBT. Teamster Power slate is more diverse than OZ. :)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wright’s top three priorities if elected to IBT Vice President At-Large are to increase diversity so that the IBT better reflected the diversity of our membership.

So does this mean James Wright is voting for Teamster Power slate? He wants to increase diversity in the IBT. Teamster Power slate is more diverse than OZ. :)
Diversity? Can you get the job done? That is all that matters.

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
I'm sorry to say but everyone has sold out UPS members. Hoffa, H, O'Brien, Zuckerman all of them. Remember that they were all in bed together once. Wish there was a third party. All of these guys are trash. What a joke with part time and full time jobs.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I'm sorry to say but everyone has sold out UPS members. Hoffa, H, O'Brien, Zuckerman all of them. Remember that they were all in bed together once. Wish there was a third party. All of these guys are trash. What a joke with part time and full time jobs.

There was a term, it was called “dictating a contract”...The real power belongs to the Company’s side if there no real threat of a work stoppage. Our Union lost it’s swagger after the 97 strike, that was the time to really reform and strengthen, it did not happen. What you got now is a two class membership, the haves who happen to be on these negotiating committees and the have nots left behind because they are a minority of the rank and file and do not count.

The company sees this and will use it, they seen weak leadership who have lost touch with it’s membership and their continuing willingness to cut and run to protect their status quo. Our Union has lost it’s soul and needs to go back to it’s roots again, equal pay and benefits for every member, none of this bickering by these conferences to protect their vested interests, playing politics and word games will only destroy any solidarity.

Maybe it is their formula to stay in power, keep the membership in the dark as they play their “ secret reindeer games” and keep their delusional power head game going by prohibiting any oppositional members from participating.

It is time to upgrade every facet of our way of collective bargaining, begin to strengthen these negotiating committees with real teeth, none of this caving in on a strike vote and then blaming it’s membership for their lack of participation...it is a cowardly way to pass blame. The company sees this and are probably laughing behind closed doors at our people on these committees.

Whether either party will make a difference, don’t know...maybe it is all a dog and pony show and every actor is playing their pre rehearse roles, really do not have vote for the better or will it be business as usual with the IBT.

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Forgot Hall, Herrrera, Taylor

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Just saying, experimenting with liberal bull like affirmative might not get you the best candidates for the job.

We all have to admit that there has been a (Good Old Boys) club running the show...part of it is because the majority of our membership that do vote are high seniority white male members. In my own local I seen only one woman and one African American voted in as business agents over the last 40 + years.

Remember Sandy Pope ... She ran back in the day, I was on T net at the time and these knuckle dragging (real teamsters) were degrading her just because she was a woman running for a man’s position. It was disgusting even back then, that was the mentality back then even in our so called leadership positions.

We need new viewpoints not this so called diversity angle, most of us want the most qualified people in office whatever their race or gender. Really is their any difference in who we put into office, you learn by doing the job...if they don’t do a good job you simply vote them out.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Remember Sandy Pope ... She ran back in the day, I was on T net at the time and these knuckle dragging (real teamsters) were degrading her just because she was a woman running for a man’s position. It was disgusting even back then, that was the mentality back then even in our so called leadership positions
Maybe we need some women negotiators?
I mean, how many times you guys win a fight with your wife?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Subcontracting.

Every Feeder Driver hates this more than anything.

Every Package Driver waiting to go to Feeders should be even more pissed because subcontracting keeps you in that non-air conditioned Package car.

150 bundled grievances regarding subcontracted LOCAL work were denied, DENIED, by the National Air Committee without deliberation or explanation even after the Company was caught changing some of their exhibits on rebuttal.

Who chairs the National Air Committee?

If TU will sell us out they will sell you out too.
Can you explain to us what you mean by "without deliberation", are you saying there was no executive session at the conclusion of presentations, rebuttals and questions from the Panel at this hearing?
I find that very hard to believe.

....and while you are at it, tell us why you would think a National Panel would offer an explanation when rendering a decision?
In my long history of participating in Panel hearings, I have never been offered an explanation outside of or in a sidebar (off the record) conversation.

As far as changing exhibits on rebuttal, that makes little sense either and would be a classic point of order.
Now if a party says the wrong thing, opening a door in their presentation for the other party to enter additional exhibits into the record in rebuttal, that is possible.

This post is vague and lacking in facts at best and likely motivated by political agenda ultimately.

I'm not buying it at this point.

cachmeifucan

Diversity? Can you get the job done? That is all that matters.
Its funny you say that the power slate is pressing that issue. When they were at cach. They told me that. I dont bite my tongue so i told him im a straight white male you think i care about diversity hire. I said usually it just means a over qualified white guy got passed over. Im surprised nobody on either slates are on here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Its funny you say that the power slate is pressing that issue. When they were at cach. They told me that. I dont bite my tongue so i told him im a straight white male you think i care about diversity hire. I said usually it just means a over qualified white guy got passed over. Im surprised nobody on either slates are on here.
Maybe they are…