Memphis Hub expansion

BoxDriver

So does that mean shuttle drivers will just drive from airports to ground stations? Offload there with their ground brothers and then go home 😂
I’d say in the long run having contracted drivers getting the trailers from the airport is Fedex’s plan. It’s not really any different than bringing in the trailers from the sorting hubs they do right now.

zeev

FedEx is moving to what Flying Tigers was we fly it in you come and get it. As to contractors from the airport not likely with the shortage of truck drivers.

BoxDriver

FedEx is moving to what Flying Tigers was we fly it in you come and get it. As to contractors from the airport not likely with the shortage of truck drivers.
Maybe it won’t be the contractors preferred choice, just like the P&D side getting forced to take over failing areas eventually.

This is the contract, take it or we will find someone else who will.

I’m not saying it will work. I’m just saying it’s the next step I think FedEx will take. Doesn’t really matter to me as I left about 6 months ago now.

Artee

It makes sense at this time. You do NOT want to be in DGO. Thats where the cuts are happening, not on the AGFS side. The closer your job is to an airplane, the safer it is.

FedupExpress

It makes sense at this time. You do NOT want to be in DGO. Thats where the cuts are happening, not on the AGFS side. The closer your job is to an airplane, the safer it is.
Our station is close to a smaller airport and apparently everyone believes we are untouchable.

zeev

DGO whether close to airport or not will be gone, the decision to do “final mile” with Ground has been decided.