Merry Christmas

dragracer66

We dont get an extra day this week as it fell on Monday. But new yrs eve is on a sunday, so that is one of our paid days and we will get the extra day for that.
You do if you are tuesday-saturday like alot of us are! But I'd rather have tuesday off with no pay, other people beat me to it!!!

browniehound

I say Merry Chritmas to all. If someone says Happy Hannukah, I wish them the same. If someone says Happy Kwanza I will wish them the same back. Its about respect, so for my holiday it is Merry Christmas. I say Happy Holiday next Friday Only.
Tooner, nice post. I tried to give you props in your reputauion but it says I have to spread more around first.:sad: If I'm talking to a jew(and this is rare) I say have a nice Hanakuh, but other than that its merry christmas to all and to all a good night!:thumbup1:

moreluck

golden ticket member
D.L. OK, I was laughing so hard I almost wet my Depends!!

Mele Kalikimaka and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou !! Don't forget the Hawaiians visiting at my house.

satellitedriver

I say Merry Chritmas to all. If someone says Happy Hannukah, I wish them the same. If someone says Happy Kwanza I will wish them the same back. Its about respect, so for my holiday it is Merry Christmas. I say Happy Holiday next Friday Only.
What should we say to atheists? Have a nice whatever?
Merry Christmas to all and a happy, healthy New Year.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You say Merry Christmas! To most people now-a-days Christmas is no more a religous holiday than the 4th of July.
And Amen, some people dont respond to hello, or have a nice day, and there are several things said to me that I never respond to. It might make someones day, or they can ignore you. I still do it, even the arab marts reply with happy season or holiday. If they dont they are idiots. You will have that.

diadlover

D.L. OK, I was laughing so hard I almost wet my Depends!!

I don't know if your playing me for a fool right now or not but for some reason I believe you. I've taken you off my ignore list but only for a 30 day probationary period. It's up to you if you want to go back or not.

over9five

Staff member
I dunno, DL.... Remember how she was stalking you....all the PMs..... the midnight phone calls.... following you in your package car...

browniehound

And Amen, some people dont respond to hello, or have a nice day, and there are several things said to me that I never respond to. It might make someones day, or they can ignore you. I still do it, even the arab marts reply with happy season or holiday. If they dont they are idiots. You will have that.

Tooner, there is a store 1 block from my house that is run by an arab family and I frequent their store reguarly. They know me by face. They had the courtesy to wish me a merry Christmas on friday.

I look italian, there is no mistaking my nationality, so they wished me merry Christmas. I wished them the same back, knowing they don't believe in Christ. It's sad, but Christmas isn't about that anymore. I havn't been to church since I recieved confirmation almost 20 years ago.

Am I going to hell? I'm not worried about it so I guess this makes me an athesist. The original question was 'what do you say to an atheisist', so my above argument supports that you say 'Merry Christmas". If you're in America thats what we do, we celebrate Christmas.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You are exactly right. My arab mart people treat me fine, and I asked them one day, last yr. " Is it Ok I wish you Merry Christmas, do you celebrate it?" He said it is an American Holiday, and its the respectful thing to do. I agree, I am Irish, but if I wasnt and someone wishes me an Happy St Pattys day, I do the same in return, but we are the melting pot, and everyone should appreciate others holidays, even if we do not celebrate it. Its no different than answering a "how are ya" .