Message to all you runners!

stink219

I'd hate to make a religious post, but instead of giving up something for lent such as meat, smoking, chocolate and all that other boshat, why don't all the runners take their lunch for 40 days?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Good one. I'll suggest that Monday. Likely wont go over well.

U see they are just getting home 50 minutes earlier than the rest of us. Lol

stink219

What they don't understand is how we make over $300,000 more than them over the course of our careers. "Hey honey, sorry I could never buy you a house. But at least I'm home an hour earlier than Brownslave and Stink!"

Logb17

Here you have to take a 30, you get locked out. I still fail to see why people take hour lunches though. Your not getting paid for that whole hour, you get home a half hour later, and I start to get stiff after that long. Some people call me a runner at my hub cause I get routes done quick once in awhile. Some routes I don't see what the hell the regular driver does all day. When i'm 45 minutes to hour an ahead on all your send again towards the middle of the day there is something wrong. I don't run and usually take breaks.

I know some drivers at our center put no effort into there job. You get paid 33 bucks an hour and the best bene's around, at least put SOME effort in.

I'd hate to make a religious post, but instead of giving up something for lent such as meat, smoking, chocolate and all that other boshat, why don't all the runners take their lunch for 40 days?
are you smokin crak bra?? These runners are entitled. That's the major key word " entitled "

stink219

It's not a choice with most other places. Lunch is not paid BUT it is subtracted from your time with the intent that you follow the contract and take your hour lunch. So if drivers worked 9am-7pm even though that's 10 hours your only getting paid 9. So let's use the runner example, if the runner doesn't take the lunch he would get done at 6pm BUT an hour still needs to get subtracted. So even though he does 9 hours of work, he gets paid for 8. 32 bucks at time and a half x 5 = 240 a week x 52 week = 12,480 per year x 30 years at a stale wage = $374,400.00

stink219

are you smokin crak bra?? These runners are entitled. That's the major key word " entitled "
I agree. But they don't see it. For some strange reason, they youngsters try to be the first ones off the clock.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
It's not a choice with most other places. Lunch is not paid BUT it is subtracted from your time with the intent that you follow the contract and take your hour lunch. So if drivers worked 9am-7pm even though that's 10 hours your only getting paid 9. So let's use the runner example, if the runner doesn't take the lunch he would get done at 6pm BUT an hour still needs to get subtracted. So even though he does 9 hours of work, he gets paid for 8. 32 bucks at time and a half x 5 = 240 a week x 52 week = 12,480 per year x 30 years at a stale wage = $374,400.00

Good point in a non bonus center. Moot point in a bonus center.

barnyard

KTM rider
Lunches are no longer subtracted here, believe that it is against state law. That means if we do not take lunch, it shows in the diad and warning letters are issued. We still have too many drivers taking their break at the end of the day in the lunch room, but that is their choice.

Lunches are no longer subtracted here, believe that it is against state law. That means if we do not take lunch, it shows in the diad and warning letters are issued. We still have too many drivers taking their break at the end of the day in the lunch room, but that is their choice.
You could turn it into one big union meeting.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't worry too much about runners. If it comes up in conversation or someone asks me my advice I'll always tell people to take their lunch and breaks, but ultimately these are grown men and women and how they choose to do their jobs is really between them and their employer.

Nothing wrong with a little daily exercise!!!! In all honesty I came in as a casual Nov 2010 and I ran for 3 seasons never taking lunches and always blowing out routes and finishing my work early and then helped others....every day. This past year I tuned it down a little and started taking my breaks although 1 hour is a little much and still finished my work on time and still helped others...every day. Well I got the life changing phone call this past week and I guess I need to pick a new user name because I finally made the big show. Now I just have to get the next 30 days out of the way. I can pretty much guarantee that if I didn't bust my ass for 3+ seasons running and gunning and get my name recognized then I wouldn't be where I am today. I ran for a different reason....not to get home early but to get hired and I have no doubt that it paid off. I will be more than happy to downshift at this point and travel in the middle lane for the next 25 years.

stink219

I don't worry too much about runners. If it comes up in conversation or someone asks me my advice I'll always tell people to take their lunch and breaks, but ultimately these are grown men and women and how they choose to do their jobs is really between them and their employer.
I understand your point except, their job is also under a contractual obligation to take a lunch. It also effects the driver that have their routes covered by these runners. I deal with it daily.

BOSS-"Why are you an hour paid over everyday but Mr. Run-zio is always scratch?"

DRIVER-"Because he skates his lunch?"

BOSS- "That's irrelevant."

ME (steward)-"Your ignorance to this situation concerning your unequal treatment of your employees is very relevant."

This is verbatim of a conversation I dealt with last week. It's also managements RESPONSIBILITY to ensure safe work practices. One of those being nutrition and rest.

Who cares. In 5-10 years when they are crawling to work with bad knees ill be walking with a smile.
Isnt that amazing?These are the same people who always end up on comp,smash the brown trucks,and NI1 packages that should be D.R.....Oh why are you giving me a warning letter?...I run my butt off for you!!! LOL some people never learn!

stink219

Who cares. In 5-10 years when they are crawling to work with bad knees ill be walking with a smile.
Isnt that amazing?These are the same people who always end up on comp,smash the brown trucks,and NI1 packages that should be D.R.....Oh why are you giving me a warning letter?...I run my butt off for you!!! LOL some people never learn!
2 great posts. In our center, there is a correlation between accidents and runners.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
One hour lunch is a bit much for me too. So in order to combat that I don't take my lunch . . . . . all at once. DUH! I break it up into two half hour breaks. One after I finish my bus stops (be it noon or 1530 depending on the day/dispatch/route), and one half way through my resi stops. Saying an hour is too long to sit around is a stupid reason to give your lunch away. I will NEVER take lunch in the building with the exception of the month of Dec. We all make little sacrifices during peak. At least I hope you all would too.

Alleycar

I take my 40 back at the building almost every night. The reason is simple: I have no one to talk to while on break if I take it on area.