Michele Bachmans turn at the Stupid Wheel with Obama!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Too bad he had to apologize to her, as she is a kook.

Chris called it as he sees it, a flake.

Its out there, and you cant unring the bell.

Peace.

I make no claim to having one. An in fact am quite literally certifiably, incurably insane so far as medical science is concerned.:happy-very:
Did she claim to have such a document? All I know is I don't know anyone that has a document saying they aren't a flake?

If OBAMA can't make jobs, he will not be elected, But if he does put all these people back t work, he will be a hero.

I would have said, "

If OBAMA can't make jobs, he will not be elected, But if he does put all these people back to work, he will be [-]a hero[/-] re-elected."

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I think it's Romney's race to lose, after all he's what the republican establishment really wants. So far Pawlenty is his only competition for the role of "responsible former governor who can appeal to independents" and he's not getting any traction. Perry might have a shot but the window is closing, I think he'll stay out of it this time. A Bachman or Cain nomination would basically gift wrap the general election for Obama, and I can't see the establishment republican party letting that happen.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think it's Romney's race to lose, after all he's what the republican establishment really wants. So far Pawlenty is his only competition for the role of "responsible former governor who can appeal to independents" and he's not getting any traction. Perry might have a shot but the window is closing, I think he'll stay out of it this time. A Bachman or Cain nomination would basically gift wrap the general election for Obama, and I can't see the establishment republican party letting that happen.

I am trying to understand why everybody thinks that the Pubs have to make a selection now. It seems to me that the earliest it will be decided is 10 months or so out. A lot of time left to see who rises to the top. It would be great if this was all decided within a couple of months so teh nominee can start raising money and getting the election mechanism going.

Anything to get Obama out from behind the Stupid Wheel.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I am trying to understand why everybody thinks that the Pubs have to make a selection now. It seems to me that the earliest it will be decided is 10 months or so out. A lot of time left to see who rises to the top. It would be great if this was all decided within a couple of months so teh nominee can start raising money and getting the election mechanism going.

Anything to get Obama out from behind the Stupid Wheel.

They don't have to make a selection now, but like you said the sooner they do the sooner the nominee can start tacking toward the center and raising money for the general election. The longer it drags out the tougher it gets.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I would have said, "

If OBAMA can't make jobs, he will not be elected, But if he does put all these people back to work, he will be [-]a hero[/-] re-elected."

He will have to repeal Obama-care to do that.
Obama care is the main reason companies are not hiring.
Last month's private sector hiring was over 50% - McDonalds.
They only hired once Obama granted McDonalds an exemption from Obama care to fill a backlog of positions. Obama blinked on that one. So far there are over 1400 companies exempted from Obama care.

moreluck

golden ticket member

I would like Christie. but he swears NO!!

bbsam

Staff member
He will have to repeal Obama-care to do that.
Obama care is the main reason companies are not hiring.
Last month's private sector hiring was over 50% - McDonalds.
They only hired once Obama granted McDonalds an exemption from Obama care to fill a backlog of positions. Obama blinked on that one. So far there are over 1400 companies exempted from Obama care.
Which means it's not socialized medicine or a "government take-over of 17% of the economy". Thank-you. And I thought the reason companies weren't hiring was because of uncertainties in taxation--of course that was only until the Bush tax cuts were extended. Ever think that maybe companies aren't hiring because they are settling for "good enough", like having the extra money in their pockets, and know the labor market is flooded and the day they decide they need the help it will be filled almost immediately? Why rush it?

av8torntn

Which means it's not socialized medicine or a "government take-over of 17% of the economy".

It means the government is picking winners and losers. That is a very dangerous power to give a central government as I suspect you will be complaining loudly when a republican gets elected and he gives waivers to states that tend to vote republican.