Might Be a Stupid Question?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We have 5 drivers working Wed. (including me:dissapointed:) but all rtes out Fri.
If Wed. is only air then I'll have to see why our air drivers aren't working. Hmmmmmm.

Cementups

Box Monkey
It's volunteers first and then force from the bottom after that. It's just like day after Thanksgiving.

I won't be working, I bet. Haven't had to in a few years now.

LiL"Comet"

What was the stupid question?

OK I'll bite you are kidding wright??
23_165_11.gif

how you worked like the past week Christmas eve and today 12/26/08

ol'browneye

I was asking our center manager about the sign up sheet for New Year's Eve and he says on the calendar it just shows UPS Express Critical available that day. I told him we always deliver air on that day just like the day after Thanksgiving. But he says we aren't, says so on the UPS calendar! So I checked and that is what it says! But I just checked UPSERS.com and it says we ARE delivering air that day. We have a new center manager, as in never been in operations before. He has been in safety for years and they threw him into the center manager position just a couple months ago! I guess I will find out this week for sure but does anyone know for sure? The 2008 UPS calendar really doesn't say anything about air delivery on New Year's Eve like it does on the day after Thanksgiving.:dont_know::confused:

brownrodster

We have 5 drivers working Wed. (including me:dissapointed:) but all rtes out Fri.
If Wed. is only air then I'll have to see why our air drivers aren't working. Hmmmmmm.

Word at my center is that so far they are planning to use every available driver on wednesday because we will still be delivering christmas presents.

BigBrownSanta

From UPS.com...

Tuesday, Dec. 30
Normal pickup and delivery service for air, international and ground packages. (Next Day Air packages picked up today will arrive on Wednesday, Dec. 31. 2nd Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered on Friday, Jan. 2.)

Wednesday, Dec. 31, New Year's Eve
Delivery of air and international packages only. No UPS Ground pickups or deliveries today. Pickup service provided for air and international shipments via UPS On-Call Pickup service, at all UPS Drop Boxes or if prearranged by Tuesday, Dec. 30. (Next Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered on Friday, Jan. 2.)

Thursday, Jan. 1, 2009, New Year's Day
No UPS pickup or delivery.

Friday, Jan. 2, 2009
Normal pickup and delivery service for air, international and ground packages.

JustTired

free at last.......
Delivery and pickup of air and international packages only.

However, it depends on where you are and your position.

Hey Hoax.......

You're fading away. Have you been messing with the "space-time continuum"? You better get a new flux capacitor for your avatar!:happy2:

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm curious........for those working New Year's Eve, how many will be taking showers at their respective hubs before tehy head home??