Milkers??

UPS Lifer

Satellite,
Paradise has changed a little but it still is paradise! The highway has been improved and uptown just got a renovation. You can still hike Bell and anywhere else you remember. You will see some new restaurants and new construction in different areas but most of Sedona (85%) is built out already.

Don't tell anyone else about this place....we should keep it a secret for ourselves!!!:innocent:

satellitedriver

Satellite,
Paradise has changed a little but it still is paradise! The highway has been improved and uptown just got a renovation. You can still hike Bell and anywhere else you remember. You will see some new restaurants and new construction in different areas but most of Sedona (85%) is built out already.

Don't tell anyone else about this place....we should keep it a secret for ourselves!!!:innocent:
Gotta a spare bedroom?
Would you adopt me?
Need a good yard man?
Chauffeur?
My options are open.
I can't wait to smell that desert incense again.
Light a candle at the catholic church for me and my wife. (I forget it's name, the white one that looks like a truncated A-frame)
It would be like a harbor light or a candle in the kitchen window to guide me home on a cold winters night.
I had almost forgotten how much I miss that piece of paradise.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Satellite,

Are you retired 'lifer? You picked a beautiful area.

UPS Lifer

Are you retired 'lifer? You picked a beautiful area.

Yes! I have been retired a little less than a year! My Avatar is the Over-the-Water bungalow we stayed at in Bora Bora.

We have been traveling so we have not had time to put our house in California on the market to sell. I am going to wait until May before we put up the sign.

My wife and I bought our Sedona home back in 2003. It was a great way to transition and make sure we really wanted to make a big move like that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lifer.....that's what I tell people.....live in the area awhile before making a move. That's great advice. Lots of people here go to Palm Desert area and then complain about the heat.....well, DUH !!!

UPS Lifer

Lifer.....that's what I tell people.....live in the area awhile before making a move. That's great advice. Lots of people here go to Palm Desert area and then complain about the heat.....well, DUH !!!

The only thing I get tired of in Sedona is winter. I love the snow because it melts fast but I am a California wimp when it comes to the cold. Right now, I am in CA and it is 80. So , I planned to get away at least a month out of winter and go someplace warm. We have a Marriott Vacation (timeshare) in Maui, so we are going there starting next Saturday and we will continue to thaw out there - and the nice thing about Phoenix/Scottsdale it is only 2 hours from Sedona so we could always go there for a quick get-away.

This is the first time we will be gone a whole month to Maui. Next year we already have it locked in for 3 weeks.

After 36 years of UPS, I do pinch myself every morning to make sure I am not dreaming! I realize how lucky we are to get this chance to enjoy life.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We too appreciate our time in life and the comfort afforded by years at UPS. We bounce from CA. to Hawaii (Oahu) and Vegas. That's where the kids live.......beats the heck out of having relatives in Cleveland ,which is presently in the deep freeze. The Ohio relatives HAVE to come to CA. or we don't see them.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yes! I have been retired a little less than a year! My Avatar is the Over-the-Water bungalow we stayed at in Bora Bora.

We have been traveling so we have not had time to put our house in California on the market to sell. I am going to wait until May before we put up the sign.

My wife and I bought our Sedona home back in 2003. It was a great way to transition and make sure we really wanted to make a big move like that.
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait( hehehe) I grew up in Flagstaff so I kind of know the area. (actually I kind of know the area pretty good). Been hiking in the boyton canyon area and out off Bear Mountain area. My grand parents built their house in Foothills South some 30 yrs ago