Millennials - They hate us cuz they ain't us

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
I will, in time. There's a lot to it and as you've already pointed out, it's hard to read a lot at the same time.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
C'mon man! Are you really that jaded by UPS to think that? 99% of corporate America as well as all the states, cities, and Federal employers all have some kind of proverbial blood on their hands, some more so than others.

For what it's worth, I am a millennial. But no, we don't think the rest of corporate america is innocent. We're just a small team, so taking on a $60 Billion/yr company seems like a good starting point. If we achieve demi-god levels of influence, maybe we'll take on the others.

I'd like to point out, though; what if it was your brother that was shot and killed by Joe? Would you be so quick to sweep the influences under the rug? These people are brothers, sons, dads, sisters, daughters, being affected by this company's arrogance in riding out its quickly diminishing reputation wave.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
For what it's worth, I am a millennial. But no, we don't think the rest of corporate america is innocent. We're just a small team, so taking on a $60 Billion/yr company seems like a good starting point. If we achieve demi-god levels of influence, maybe we'll take on the others.

I'd like to point out, though; what if it was your brother that was shot and killed by Joe? Would you be so quick to sweep the influences under the rug? These people are brothers, sons, dads, sisters, daughters, being affected by this company's arrogance in riding out its quickly diminishing reputation wave.
That's the second time you made a Joe reference. Are we talking about Joe T.? In Alabama

oldngray

nowhere special
hqdefault.jpg

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
I just find it hard to believe that the family members were like "Welp, Brian/Doug WAS quite the prick. He had it coming. It probably didn't have anything to do with the bs UPS puts it's people through. Stuff happens, you know. If it was, that's just corporate america, for ya. What are ya gonna do?"

Some would sit and take it. I'm not one of those. I'm more resourceful than MacGyver and have been knocked off my rocker by these people. So, I'm not going anywhere.

scooby0048

Nope. I was asking you if you would feel different
Well I most certainly would not blame a corporation for what an individual committed. You can say what you want, a company and its leaders can influence a person's mindset but when it comes right down to it, the person themselves are the ones to blame because they choose to commit (and follow through) with such heinous acts.

I could go on and on about the assignment of liability in situations like this but I have a feeling it would fall on deaf ears. Trust me pal, UPS might have been an influence but he was the one who followed through and there is no convincing me otherwise. Every single one of these people who commit these acts have something not wired right in their brains which causes them to follow through.

Name the mental illness or deficiency, all these people have something.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. I've already assumed that you are older than a millennial and therefore irrational lol. No amount of convincing will 'wake you up'. All I'm saying is that the influences were much stronger than you want to downplay it as. I KNOW. And I have the proof, which will all be shown in time.

scooby0048

I'm not trying to convince you otherwise. All I'm saying is that the influences were much stronger than you want to downplay it as. I KNOW. And I have the proof, which will all be shown in time.

So, everything was normal in JT's head right?

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
Me: I think global warming is caused by green-house gasses
Scooby: So, what you are saying is.....I can't buy green-house grown vegetables anymore?

scooby0048

You've twisted EVERYTHING I've said around into your own irrational way. I'm quite done trying to hold your hand through this.
Ok, thanks. Just remember when you go on your own spree, I was the one who tried to substantiate and hold a conversation with you. But if you do forget to remember that, I will remind you what the 2nd amendment is. Good luck to ya Jerry!

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
Ok, thanks. Just remember when you go on your own spree, I was the one who tried to substantiate and hold a conversation with you. But if you do forget to remember that, I will remind you what the 2nd amendment is. Good luck to ya Jerry!
Okay, you have a point. So, thanks for that, at least. I take it back.

Gary Host

Tactical Mouthpiece Ops
Every single one of these people who commit these acts have something not wired right in their brains which causes them to follow through.
Look, they were not born that way, generally, it is the result of the environmental influences around them. Outside influences/life experiences are the CAUSE of almost ALL mental conditions.

When Joe-blow goes and gets a 'good' job making lots of money at UPS, he might or not might not notice the insane amount of bs happening. Even if he does, he's likely to 'stick-it-out' for the paycheck...but all the while, he is suffering from mental abuses that start to pile up. After it gets bad enough, he might feel trapped, because there are few other options with similar pay and he now has expenses that rely on his wage. That is a recipe for disaster.

I think you are completely missing the point, though. I'm not saying UPS has to fire all existing mgmt. All it would take, to dramatically change the chances of this kind of thing from happening, is a couple policy changes. That's all. But they willfully chose to maintain their institutional repression. I've already demonstrated (which was quickly then censored) that they train people to use pre-checked checklists....and they had JUST ended TWO supes careers over that. OVER DOING WHAT THEY WERE TRAINED TO DO. All because they maintain a 'scapegoat the small fry' environment instead of holding the right people accountable. Austin was fired for supposedly communicating with a non-ups email address (a gmail account)...but the HR lady failed to realize that he and his co-workers were REQUIRED to use them for CEAS audits. Because the terminal didn't have a dedicated camera for this, they had to use their phones to take the pics and then email them from their gmail accounts to their UPS accounts. But it doesn't matter, because at the end of the day, UPS just continues to lie it's way through things and not accept responsibility for their actions. Well, it didn't matter. Until now.