MIP RSU Fast tracking

They will not 'lapse' prior to the original schedule so they won't all transfer to computershare. The only real impact of this would be if someone with these shares leaves the company before retirement in the next 2 years they won't lose them.

Is this actually the case? Seems to be very confusing because we received an email saying the shares would "vest" on 1/1/21. Doesn't that mean they are your shares and are added to your Computershare account on that date whether you retire or not? You might be right though because I haven't seen any new shares added as of today (1/20).

oldbrownguy

Is this actually the case? Seems to be very confusing because we received an email saying the shares would "vest" on 1/1/21. Doesn't that mean they are your shares and are added to your Computershare account on that date whether you retire or not? You might be right though because I haven't seen any new shares added as of today (1/20).
Last year they also vested on the 15th but it took seven days to post. So I believe tomorrow, the 21st would be the day, Someone please correct me if I am wrong, thanks.

Fenris

They are all vested but that is different than being lapsed. The three lots that are due to post today are no longer in the Meryl lynch holding account but the next two years are. I think this was not well communicated.

Ups06081984

I guess I'm still confused...are all of the shares from the 2016-2018 available to sell once they vest? My Merrill Lynch account hasn't changed as of yet

elmo506

I guess I'm still confused...are all of the shares from the 2016-2018 available to sell once they vest? My Merrill Lynch account hasn't changed as of yet
Who isn’t ? Never knew vesting and lapsing were not the same thing. 2016-2018 blocks of shares all vested on 12/31/20. Those shares will “lapse” on the same planned date. That activity should appear on ML any day and then move to Computershare

Endoman

It is confusing as hell and the company has NEVER done a good job explaining it. NEVER. Bottom line is there is a long lapse time between vesting/lapsing and receipt in one's Merrill Lynch account. While stock trades typically take some time to "close," the way we do it is half-assed and takes longer than it should. All this written, it should be any day now, but there is not a specific or guaranteed date. The best one can do is to continue checking their respective Computershare and ML accounts. This is DEFINITELY something that can be streamlined and made less confusing. It is laughable that we have Finance partners that can't explain it. All this written, I do believe the company is working to make this all much more user-friendly.

T'Challa

Let me simply this:
The shares that "vested" means they are your now yours if you leave the company for any reason immediately. Retire, quit, etc. In the past if you left for any reason before the shares "vested" you forfeited those shares.

"Lapse" is the when they are released to your Compushare account. In this case the shares from 2016-2018 have now 'vested", but have not "lapsed".

So basically everything is still the same and will move to your Compushare on the same schedule as in the past. The only difference is if you decide to leave the company before the "lapse" you are not leaving shares on the table.

So the people who took the buyout or were not placed during the "transformation" don't lose those shares, or even they just out right quit, thye still hve the 2016-2018 shares.

jd1872

It is confusing as hell and the company has NEVER done a good job explaining it. NEVER. Bottom line is there is a long lapse time between vesting/lapsing and receipt in one's Merrill Lynch account. While stock trades typically take some time to "close," the way we do it is half-assed and takes longer than it should. All this written, it should be any day now, but there is not a specific or guaranteed date. The best one can do is to continue checking their respective Computershare and ML accounts. This is DEFINITELY something that can be streamlined and made less confusing. It is laughable that we have Finance partners that can't explain it. All this written, I do believe the company is working to make this all much more user-friendly.
has the company ever done anything that is easy to understand?