Missing Mark Sanford

P

pickup

Your posts appear to be a little misleading. His recent trip was paid for out of pocket.

His trip last year was a legitimate trade trip to two different countries but he still offered to reimburse the state for the trip since he met with his lady friend while in one of the two countries. Nothing seedy there. He could have kept his mouth shut on the whole affair.

I wonder if Clinton ever offered to reimburse the taxpayers for the time he spent copulating in the oval office?

I think the only added expense was maybe a stain on a rug. And also the expense for the drycleaning of a stain on a dress, something he would have been more than happy to pay for.:wink2:

P

pickup

Look, if you really want to believe that it was vitally important for the governor of South Carolina to go on a "trade mission" to Argentina, and that it was just a coincidence that his girlfriend lived there, be my guest. QUOTE]

the trade trip last year went to brazil and argentina. You're really delving more into an entirely different subject here. I'm sure these politicians use the trade trip excuse all the time to go on taxpayer paid vacations. A two country trade trip was clearly not entirely set up to see the girl in argentina.

Lemme tell ya something tie. A few months ago, air force buzzed lower manhattan(with no one in ny knowing about it) in order to have a photo op with the statue of liberty. When I heard about it on the radio in the late morning. I was half asleep. The thought that ran through my head "that freakin' a-hole." . A thought that often ran through my head for the eight years that the boy wonder , bush , was in office. Then they (on the radio) were talking about the obama administration's reaction to it. I realized (remember I was half asleep and obama was relatively a new pres) that bush had nothing to do with it. Suddenly , the incident didn't seem so bad.

So obviously, my biases (and I am actually more of a republican than democrat, which is why I liked bush even less because he was no republican) changed my outlook on this particular situation.

Do you think you might suffer from the same disease that Rush Limbaugh and the guy that sucked at his teat, Sean"pretty boy" Hannity suffer from?
That is the belief is a democrat did it, throw him into the fire and if a republican did it, make excuses for the act and make the act less than it is?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Lemme tell ya something tie. A few months ago, air force buzzed lower manhattan(with no one in ny knowing about it) in order to have a photo op with the statue of liberty. When I heard about it on the radio in the late morning. I was half asleep. The thought that ran through my head "that freakin' a-hole." . A thought that often ran through my head for the eight years that the boy wonder , bush , was in office. Then they (on the radio) were talking about the obama administration's reaction to it. I realized (remember I was half asleep and obama was relatively a new pres) that bush had nothing to do with it. Suddenly , the incident didn't seem so bad.

So obviously, my biases (and I am actually more of a republican than democrat, which is why I liked bush even less because he was no republican) changed my outlook on this particular situation.

Do you think you might suffer from the same disease that Rush Limbaugh and the guy that sucked at his teat, Sean"pretty boy" Hannity suffer from?
That is the belief is a democrat did it, throw him into the fire and if a republican did it, make excuses for the act and make the act less than it is?
Bingo :happy2:

tieguy

Banned

I'm not sure what a republican is supposed to be after reading your post.:happy-very:

I won't make excuses for anyone. It is funny watching Sanford though. He goes on a little hiatus and comes back confessing his sins and offering to pay for any state expenses where he benifited in any way.

Meanwhile clinton lied through his teeth with passion. Now if Clinton offered to do the same as Sanford then he should offer to reimburse the taxpayers for whatever it cost to run the white house on those days that Bill was copulating with his subordinate. Millions of dollars come to mind.

P

pickup

I'm not sure what a republican is supposed to be after reading your post.:happy-very:

I won't make excuses for anyone. It is funny watching Sanford though. He goes on a little hiatus and comes back confessing his sins and offering to pay for any state expenses where he benifited in any way.

Meanwhile clinton lied through his teeth with passion. Now if Clinton offered to do the same as Sanford then he should offer to reimburse the taxpayers for whatever it cost to run the white house on those days that Bill was copulating with his subordinate. Millions of dollars come to mind.

How much less would it have cost to run the white house if Bill was copulating with his wife in that same white house? Oh, yeah, you are absolutely right, clinton lied with a passion , more to our shame than his. Other presidents have done the same. I can think of one president's lies that led to the war in iraq.

wkmac

I'm not sure what a republican is supposed to be after reading your post.

Now this is real progress towards reconciliation and having common ground here at the BC. Now you know exactly how we feel about republicans after we read many of your posts! At least now I know it's not because you can't spell democrat and therefore just grab the next best thing. At least I think that's the case! :surprised:

:rofl::winks:

Other presidents have done the same. I can think of one president's lies that led to the war in iraq.

You mean "to save lives" was also a lie? Geez, you just can't trust anyone in gov't anymore!

:slap:Did he say that AGAIN!

:peaceful:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That is the belief is a democrat did it, throw him into the fire and if a republican did it, make excuses for the act and make the act less than it is?[/quote]

WE should have a list of all the misdeeds that each group has been charged with . Also list the outcomes of each.
I'll start..... Frank (Ma-D)...lying to the American public about Fannie & Freddie Mac. being sound. Outcome.. still elected & still lying .

tieguy

Banned
How much less would it have cost to run the white house if Bill was copulating with his wife in that same white house? Oh, yeah, you are absolutely right, clinton lied with a passion , more to our shame than his. Other presidents have done the same. I can think of one president's lies that led to the war in iraq.

HuH?
Ok thats the general democratic response does not matter what domestic laws you violate as long as you don't lead us into a war in Iraq.

Yea I can't think of one governors lies leading us to any wars either.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
Now this is real progress towards reconciliation and having common ground here at the BC. Now you know exactly how we feel about republicans after we read many of your posts! At least now I know it's not because you can't spell democrat and therefore just grab the next best thing. At least I think that's the cas:peaceful:

You find a name for your political party yet?

Maybe the not affiliateds.

None of the aboves.

Criticize them all.

Nostance no position party?

How about the

goodconspiracy party.

How about the:

I didn't vote for them party?

Nooneknowsthem party?

throwmyvoteawayvotingforsomeunknownidiot party?

:peaceful::peaceful::peaceful:

P

pickup

You find a name for your political party yet?

Maybe the not affiliateds.

None of the aboves.

Criticize them all.

Nostance no position party?

How about the

goodconspiracy party.

How about the:

I didn't vote for them party?

Nooneknowsthem party?

throwmyvoteawayvotingforsomeunknownidiot party?

:peaceful::peaceful::peaceful:

I can think of a name for your political party :the Know Nothing movement. (look it up, movement once existed):happy-very:(we love you tie)

P

pickup

HuH?
Ok thats the general democratic response does not matter what domestic laws you violate as long as you don't lead us into a war in Iraq.

Yea I can't think of one governors lies leading us to any wars either.:happy-very:

when i get a response like that, all I can I say it is really hard to pin you down on the slippery ground you inhabit . reminds me of these lyrics from a song. I kept the part that applies to you , tie. Just substitute the word "tieguy" for "Maria" and obviously change all female pronouns to male pronouns.

How do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you catch a cloud and pin it down?
How do you find a word that means Maria?
A flibbertijibbet! A will-o'-the wisp! A clown!

Many a thing you know you'd like to tell her
Many a thing she ought to understand
But how do you make her stay
And listen to all you say
How do you keep a wave upon the sand

Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?

tieguy

Banned
when i get a response like that, all I can I say it is really hard to pin you down on the slippery ground you inhabit . reminds me of these lyrics from a song. I kept the part that applies to you , tie. Just substitute the word "tieguy" for "Maria" and obviously change all female pronouns to male pronouns.

Is this the real life-
Is this just fantasy-
Caught in a landslide-
No escape from reality-
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see-
Im just a poor boy,i need no sympathy-
Because Im easy come,easy go,
A little high,little low,
Anyway the wind blows,doesnt really matter to me,
To me

Mama,just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger,now hes dead,
Mama,life had just begun,
But now Ive gone and thrown it all away-
Mama ooo,
Didnt mean to make you cry-
If Im not back again this time tomorrow-
Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters-

Too late,my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine-
Bodys aching all the time,
Goodbye everybody-Ive got to go-
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth-
Mama ooo- (any way the wind blows)
I dont want to die,
I sometimes wish Id never been born at all-

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the
Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
Galileo,galileo,
Galileo galileo
Galileo figaro-magnifico-
But Im just a poor boy and nobody
Hes just a poor boy from a poor family-
Spare him his life from this monstrosity-
Easy come easy go-,will you let me go-
Bismillah! no-,we will not let you go-let him go-
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let him go
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go let me go
No,no,no,no,no,no,no-
Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me-

So you think you can
me and spit in my eye-
So you think you can love me and leave me to die-
Oh baby-cant do this to me baby-
Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta here-

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

Any way the wind blows....

P

pickup

Is this the real life-
Is this just fantasy-
Caught in a landslide-
No escape from reality-
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see-
Im just a poor boy,i need no sympathy-
Because Im easy come,easy go,
A little high,little low,
Anyway the wind blows,doesnt really matter to me,
To me

Mama,just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger,now hes dead,
Mama,life had just begun,
But now Ive gone and thrown it all away-
Mama ooo,
Didnt mean to make you cry-
If Im not back again this time tomorrow-
Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters-

Too late,my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine-
Bodys aching all the time,
Goodbye everybody-Ive got to go-
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth-
Mama ooo- (any way the wind blows)
I dont want to die,
I sometimes wish Id never been born at all-

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the
Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
Galileo,galileo,
Galileo galileo
Galileo figaro-magnifico-
But Im just a poor boy and nobody
Hes just a poor boy from a poor family-
Spare him his life from this monstrosity-
Easy come easy go-,will you let me go-
Bismillah! no-,we will not let you go-let him go-
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let him go
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go let me go
No,no,no,no,no,no,no-
Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me-

So you think you can
me and spit in my eye-
So you think you can love me and leave me to die-
Oh baby-cant do this to me baby-
Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta here-

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

Any way the wind blows....

oh, boy!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Heh, I gotta admit I never thought of Tie in those terms :happy-very:. Thanks for the chuckle.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I'm not sure what a republican is supposed to be after reading your post.

A Republican is supposed to be a conservative.

Exactly what Mark Sanford is.

Let us note how the neocon Republicans were downright gleeful about Sanford's self induced fall from grace.

tieguy

Banned
http://www.politico.com/blogs/anneschroeder/0609/Revisiting_a_Sanford_2002_campaign_ad_.html?showall

Most politicians I give a pass to when their little head does the thinking for the big head. Except when they preach they have the good christian conservative moral values, and honesty on their side, and over their opponent, in order to get elected.....:dissapointed:

thus if someone like Bill Clinton willfully practices sexual harrassment in the work place and does not profess any values or morals then he is good to go?

diesel96

thus if someone like Bill Clinton willfully practices sexual harrassment in the work place and does not profess any values or morals then he is good to go?

Everthing reverts back to "Blame it on Clinton".....the Bush era, the depression, 9/11, Mark Sanford....etc...lol

Monica was a big girl, and was a willing participant :surprised:...... :cigarsmoker:
You might parse Clinton's action as "sexual harassment" to make it somehow bolster excuses for Sanford, but just call it what it really is...Adultery. But Clinton was not elected, or "good to go" by using hypercritical advertisments claiming he was the exemplary moral christian family man..We can all agree, people make dumb mistakes, but Sanford's actions went beyond mistakes, and then to capitalize to be "Joe" the moral christian guy, holier than thou, to get elected. There's no defending this guy. Thats why he's on tour spilling his guts out. I'll give him credit for man'ing up, but tell him to shut up already....TMI...To much information...