Missing the $0.12 COLA! When does it kick in?

blue efficacy

And to further confuse things, the inside part-time progression takes five years to complete (not four as just about everyone assumes from reading the deliberately misleading contract language.) So you would have to have a seniority date of July 31, 2006 or earlier to be eligible for the August 1, 2011 12-cent COLA.
Sir, you are very misinformed about part time progressions and raises. As a part timer who has experienced all of that, allow me to correct you. First, the progression is indeed 4 years. I completed my progression, with the year 4 raise in July once. Then, August first, I immediately got another raise as I was now eligible for the 8-1 raises, having completed my progression. Which is in fact 5 years.

And as for 2006, again this was wrong. Any part timer who was on the payroll before the new contract was implemented, is lifted out of progression and now gets the August/February raises instead. Only if you started AFTER the new contract do you get stuck with smaller raises on your anniversary dates.

JonFrum

Sir, you are very misinformed about part time progressions and raises. As a part timer who has experienced all of that, allow me to correct you. First, the progression is indeed 4 years. I completed my progression, with the year 4 raise in July once. Then, August first, I immediately got another raise as I was now eligible for the 8-1 raises, having completed my progression. Which is in fact 5 years.

And as for 2006, again this was wrong. Any part timer who was on the payroll before the new contract was implemented, is lifted out of progression and now gets the August/February raises instead. Only if you started AFTER the new contract do you get stuck with smaller raises on your anniversary dates.
Read Article 22, Section 5, (a) & (b) very very carefully.

Notice how the Progression is five years. The last line of the Progression says "Seniority plus 4 years: $12.87/$11.87"

Well, if you've already completed four years, and now you are starting your fifth year at $12.87/$11.87 then you will not complete your Progression until the end of your fifth year. And COLA Article 33 says you must complete your progression, not just begin your final year.
- - -
Part-timers employed prior to the current contract were not lifted out of the old five year progression by the current contract. They were transferred (slotted) into the new five year progression, but now with additional eligibility for the August 1 and February 1 "split" raises.