Mitt Romney's 47%: Reality Check

bbsam

Staff member
Boy. Start getting past the raw numbers and Romney looks like a prick...that is if he ever looked past the raw numbers.

wkmac

Because that speech would not be "Tea Party friendly". It would have been too "Bush 43ish".

The Tea Party is captured regardless of what Romney sez or does. The fear of Obama has really done it's job so that being the case, Romney would have been far better served by that speech because it's not going to alienate the independent voter. And it's that voter who will decide this election.

bbsam

Staff member
I agree that it would have been a farr better speech, but Romney needs to keep the base riled up. That is proving harder and harder the longer the election goes on. He may not have their love for him so he needs their passionate hatredd of Obama.

wkmac

I agree that it would have been a farr better speech, but Romney needs to keep the base riled up. That is proving harder and harder the longer the election goes on. He may not have their love for him so he needs their passionate hatredd of Obama.

The hatred for Obama exists outside of Romney and not as a result of Romney. The base never wanted Romney to begin with but he ended up winning the nomination by pure attrition. Romney laid in the weeds almost like he knew the outcome as the other contenders dropped like dying leaves. Even the knife in the back that Herman Cain got, which many believe came from within the GOP, my gut just tells me history will show this came from the camp of Mr. Clean.

Besides, hearing a number of stories of Mormon dirty tricks to protect their own, sure has the dirty fingerprints IMO.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I enjoyed the part of the video where THE WALL STREET JOURNAL...aka FOX NEWS wrote a speech for Romney, and Romney didnt use it.

That brings up the question? WHY IS FOX NEWS writing speeches for ROMNEY?

peace

TOS

wkmac

I enjoyed the part of the video where THE WALL STREET JOURNAL...aka FOX NEWS wrote a speech for Romney, and Romney didnt use it.

That brings up the question? WHY IS FOX NEWS writing speeches for ROMNEY?

peace

TOS

I'll go you one better. Take any major network website or even print media website and find articles that are specifically about the campaign or candidate on a specific issue. Take the name of the person who wrote the piece and then start doing a deep search of this person by name. Far more often than you think, the person works for the campaign and the piece is submitted as a news story and then feed out to the public as such. But the truth is, the piece is really campaign PR designed to spin the information in a friendly way while still appearing as news. It ain't just Faux News that is Faux News!