Mitt's really bad day

menotyou

bella amicizia
I wouldnt worry too much about Imus.
It doesn't help that Imus is on Fox Business bitching about Romney. You should hear them blasting him. And, Imus is voting for him. I have been switching between this, Fox and feigns, and MSNBStupid. Romney is not having a good day.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The part about the 47 percent is not the worst of this speech. This clown could be out of a Grisham novel. A figurehead the elite are trying to put into power. Has to be tough to blindly support this guy because you are Republican. I thought the goal was to get rid of Obama, not help re-elect him. Classic.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Romney Just Saying He Grew Up Poor In Memphis Now

September 16, 2012
635.jpg

PUEBLO, CO—Abandoning his campaign’s previous strategies for winning over undecided voters in advance of November’s presidential election, Republican nominee Mitt Romney is just now telling people he grew up desperately poor in Memphis, sources confirmed Sunday.
Addressing a rally in Colorado, Romney spoke a great deal about his humble birth on a farm on the outskirts of Memphis; about wheat farming; and about his parents, Rufus and Maybelle Romney, and their struggle to provide for six hungry children as they toiled away at low-paying, menial jobs.
“As you all know, I didn’t grow up with much in the way of wealth,” Romney said of his upbringing in an impoverished neighborhood in North Memphis. “Back then, we didn’t live in much more than a shack on the wrong side of the train tracks, and Mama and Daddy had three jobs apiece to keep us all fed. It fell on me of course to take care of the young ones, of which a few, God bless, are no longer with us.”
“Ann and I, we know what it’s like to grow up with nothing, to wonder where your next meal is coming from, to have to choose between putting food on the table or coal in the fireplace,” continued Romney, speaking of what he called his wife’s “rough childhood” in Mobile, AL, where she was raised by a single mother. “Brother, we know that pang of hunger and hopelessness all too well.”
Speaking for the greater part of an hour, Romney said he was particularly shaped by his father Rufus Romney, a strapping young man with “tattered shoes like Swiss cheese” who left early each day to work in the wheat fields outside Memphis. Returning at night with a tired look in his eyes, Romney said his father would gather his children around the table to share a can of tomato soup and dream of one day living in a “big house on a hill,” a dream Romney said later inspired him to pursue a career in business.
At the same time, the former Massachusetts governor claimed his mother, Maybelle, would go off every morning in her crisp white uniform to work for the wealthy families “over in Chickasaw Gardens.”
“After Mama wiped the sleep from our eyes and smoothed our hair, she would go off to the big mansion, bring home scraps,” said Romney, pausing as his voice filled with emotion. “Every day it was something new—a big yellow potato, sweet saltwater taffy, a creamy stick of butter. Sometimes Ms. Hartley would send home a bag of groceries too, and boy, that day never came too soon.”
The founder and former CEO of Bain Capital said that while times were tough, the children were often blessed with unexpected gifts from considerate neighbors, like small wooden toys or ruby red apples. But even when the day was not so bright, Romney said proudly, they were always grateful for what they had.
“Drugs took my brother Jimmy way too soon. Vietnam took Tommy. But even after Daddy left, we never complained,” Romney told the crowd. “In our hardscrabble Memphis neighborhood, that’s just what life was. For us, it was the little things that mattered: sitting on the porch, Grandpappy playing his fiddle, Mama making buckwheat cakes in the kitchen. Simple as it was, it was all we knew, and all we needed.”
Romney then produced a harmonica from his hip pocket and played a stirring, lonesome melody.

M

MenInBrown

So you think the 47% that Obama is polling right now is just all those non tax paying scumbags?

You missed the memo...about half of americans dont pay taxes...our debt is booming so how do you get more rev? Raise taxes or create more jobs to have more people PAYING THEIR FAIR SHARE??? Do you have any idea what happens to a nation when more people are taking than giving??? I myself prefer everyone paying their fair share...just because you make 20000, 30000, 40000 does not mean you shouldnt pay taxes. Get off the back of hard working americans!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If you want people to pay more taxes, pay them a better wage. Raise a guy making 20 grand to 40 grand the economy grows. Give a rich guy another 50 million it goes into an account in the Cayman Islands.

wkmac

Peggy Noonan in the Wall Street Journal is not feeling warm and fuzzy about Romney's chances. She's even calling for "An Intervention"

And Slate magazine has picked up on the growing rumblings within the GOP and their growing discussions of where the GOP goes after Romney loses the election. McCain could have easily picked Romney in 2008' but McCain picked Palin. Maybe McCain knew something others are just now learning.

Oh well, what's done is done!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The best part of MITTS bad day was that it was suppose to be MITTS "reset" day. After telling america that the convention was suppose to be the day MITT ROMNEY was introduced to america, now the campaign has had to hit the "reset button" to re-introduce Romney to america, but wait, on that very day of the reset, MITT ROMNEY has to once again apologize for his stupid comments made at a private wealthy donor fundraiser.

CAMPAIGN IMPLOSION 2012.....

John Stewart gives his take on the ROMNEY implosion!

Mitt Romney's GOP Convention Reset: Not Going As Planned - YouTube

Peace

TOS

Buddybrown

Mother Jones, the left-wing magazine that released a controversial video of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's remarks to a fundraiser in May, now admits that it has no full tape of what Romney said, and that its video is missing "one to two minutes" at the most important moment. -----That now turns out to be impossible, either because Romney's remarks were never recorded in full (as Mother Jones now claims), or because some of his remarks--perhaps mitigating some of the controversial effect of his statements--were selectively edited out of the tape by Mother Jones or its chain of sources (including former President Jimmy Carter's grandson).----------Mother Jones's entire story now deserves to be treated with suspicion, if not contempt.----- Selective Edit? Mother Jones Admits Romney Tape Missing 'One to Two Minutes'

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mother Jones, the left-wing magazine that released a controversial video of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's remarks to a fundraiser in May, now admits that it has no full tape of what Romney said, and that its video is missing "one to two minutes" at the most important moment. -----That now turns out to be impossible, either because Romney's remarks were never recorded in full (as Mother Jones now claims), or because some of his remarks--perhaps mitigating some of the controversial effect of his statements--were selectively edited out of the tape by Mother Jones or its chain of sources (including former President Jimmy Carter's grandson).----------Mother Jones's entire story now deserves to be treated with suspicion, if not contempt.----- Selective Edit? Mother Jones Admits Romney Tape Missing 'One to Two Minutes'
I heard that the entire tape was turned over by Pres. Carter's out of work son. Said he's been searching for Republicans making weird statements to see if he could make any $$ off of them.

Buddybrown

Furthermore Obama has not taken this supposed opportunity to say how he supports the hard working people of America because he does NOT!! ----He supports redistribution ---- I know we already know that Obama supports redistribution every time he opens his mouth---- But here it is coming right out of his mouth once again------

"I ACTUALLY BELIEVE IN REDISTRIBUTION AT LEAST AT A CERTAIN LEVEL SO EVERYBODY'S GOT A SHOT"

menotyou

bella amicizia
I heard Obama's tape. It could be interpreted
many ways. But, primarily, the Democratic position is redistribution of wealth to a certain degree. That is the cornerstone of their platform.

And, not meant to defend anyone, but Obama's tape was made 10 years ago; not last may, as Mitt's was.

Buddybrown

I heard Obama's tape. It could be interpreted many ways. But, primarily, the Democratic position is redistribution of wealth to a certain degree. That is the cornerstone of their platform. And, not meant to defend anyone, but Obama's tape was made 10 years ago; not last may, as Mitt's was.
Obama says it everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So how does it make you feel about the hotel of people by you from down south sucking off the taxpayers who work hard? Most people take pride in working, most of the people especially on this website work their asses off.-----Taxpayers are patriots too, yet in America, those paying the bulk of federal income taxes have been portrayed as valueless, mean and greedy.--- Obama have been selling victimhood as a rationalization for the nanny state of giant government.---- Americans have always rejected this notion and hard working and prosperous Americans are getting tired of being shamed for their success.----- So when the panic and poverty pimps spark a run on wealth generated and owned by others it will only be a matter of time when others are going to fight back.

brett636

I guess I can't see any fault in Mitt's statement. It is factually correct that a certain percentage of Americans don't pay income taxes so promising tax cuts doesn't mean anything to them. What they want is for the government to take more from the 53% of people who do pay income taxes and give more to them which is what Obama's campaign is all about. It was a good statement, and that one that needed to be said.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Obama says it everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!So how does it make you feel about the hotel of people by you from down south sucking off the taxpayers who work hard? Most people take pride in working, most of the people especially on this website work their asses off.-----Taxpayers are patriots too, yet in America, those paying the bulk of federal income taxes have been portrayed as valueless, mean and greedy.--- Obama have been selling victimhood as a rationalization for the nanny state of giant government.---- Americans have always rejected this notion and hard working and prosperous Americans are getting tired of being shamed for their success.----- So when the panic and poverty pimps spark a run on wealth generated and owned by others it will only be a matter of time when others are going to fight back.
I agree with helping someone who is down and out. HELPING. I hate mooches. That's what we called them years ago, before we all had to be PC. Those yahoo's in the hotel down the street from therapy pisses me off to no end. Those people were mooches in LA and they are mooches here. I simply mean that the cornerstone of the democratic platform is to take some from the wealthy(taxes) and give to the needy. The problem is the mentality of those getting the help. Not the cornerstone of that platform. I agree completely that Obama thinks we should subsidize the needy. I disagree with that philosophy. I don't side on the Sid eof some right wing nut job like Ryan, though. Yes, I think he's a nut job. I think Mitt is as plain as the white bread my grands love, and would change what he's saying like the flavor of that white bread changes with whatever you put on it. Now, does that make me an Obama supporter? friend no!!!!
i think he's a very nice guy and would love to have Biden at my next housewarming(he'd be goosing all the women and telling dirty jokes-love it!), but they are the most incompetent dynamic duo I've ever seen in that office!

I think using a 10 year old video compared to one made with inthe last year is something to be taken in to account. If the dates were reversed, I can only imagine what the Mitt supporters would be saying.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I guess I can't see any fault in Mitt's statement. It is factually correct that a certain percentage of Americans don't pay income taxes so promising tax cuts doesn't mean anything to them. What they want is for the government to take more from the 53% of people who do pay income taxes and give more to them which is what Obama's campaign is all about. It was a good statement, and that one that needed to be said.
I think the smartest move Mitt could make is to embrace the comment and own it. The only problem is that as a president, you are in the role of representing all of us, not just 53%.