Mitt's really bad day

M

MenInBrown

If you want people to pay more taxes, pay them a better wage. Raise a guy making 20 grand to 40 grand the economy grows. Give a rich guy another 50 million it goes into an account in the Cayman Islands.

Thats to keep it away from people like you...and an education can help you go from 20,000 to 40,000. Do it yourself and dont be lazy!

bbsam

Staff member
NO, your wrong if you think his war on coal does not have anything to do with our energy prices...heres a stat for you, 42% of our nations energy comes from coal...do the math.
See, when you say things like that it makes me wonder. And then it makes me go do a bing search. And then I see the whole list of subsidies the coal industry gets from the federal government and I can only draw the conclusion that the "war on coal" is a goofy myth set up by...probably by the coal industry for tooner, you, and the whole "war on Christmas" crowd. So go ahead and do the math. Add up all the subsidies and then figure out how much the federal government is paying that you, me, and the rest of the consuming public don't have to pay.

M

MenInBrown

I heard Obama's tape. It could be interpreted
many ways. But, primarily, the Democratic position is redistribution of wealth to a certain degree. That is the cornerstone of their platform.

And, not meant to defend anyone, but Obama's tape was made 10 years ago; not last may, as Mitt's was.

Even worst...hes had 14 years to figure how to steal money from every hard working american.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Damn, all of this added to when he said that he thought the middle class was $200K and above... HUH??!!!

I would say middle class should be 60k-250k maybe more. Stuff costs a lot more than it use to. 100k is not the holy grail it once was.

brett636

I guess I can't see any fault in Mitt's statement. It is factually correct that a certain percentage of Americans don't pay income taxes so promising tax cuts doesn't mean anything to them. What they want is for the government to take more from the 53% of people who do pay income taxes and give more to them which is what Obama's campaign is all about. It was a good statement, and that one that needed to be said.

Cool, you run with that argument. Vilify 50% of america as freeloaders and then see if the GOP can win any election after that. Keep up the good work Brett!

Peace

TOS

Considering a large plurality of Americans believe everyone needs to pay something in taxes its probably a good message to run with.

M

MenInBrown

See, when you say things like that it makes me wonder. And then it makes me go do a bing search. And then I see the whole list of subsidies the coal industry gets from the federal government and I can only draw the conclusion that the "war on coal" is a goofy myth set up by...probably by the coal industry for tooner, you, and the whole "war on Christmas" crowd. So go ahead and do the math. Add up all the subsidies and then figure out how much the federal government is paying that you, me, and the rest of the consuming public don't have to pay.

War on coal? Bing how many coal plants have been closed by the EPA...And what the government susidizes the coal industry is hardly anything...but like we said before, coal is responsible for 42% of our nations energy...soooooo take away the plants and subsidies and you still think it has nothing to do with energy cost?

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe the coal plants closed because they weren't profitable. Been happening with natural gas wells alot lately. Know why? Because there is too damn much and they can't make a decent profit. I think alot of electric plants are moving to the use of natural gas anyway as a method of boosting prices and burning cleaner. And if a coal plant can't do it cleanly, it should close. There are standards for a reason.

av8torntn

He's been President for 4 years. My total taxes are less then they were before he was elected. I'm a damn hard working American.

That must mean your income hasn't been growing since we have a progressive income tax system and given the state of inflation I'd say you are getting crushed.

You of course are not alone as median income appears to be lowest since 1995 here. Of course the number without health insurance has also steadily increased under this President along with the costs of fuel and food. So don't feel bad.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe the coal plants closed because they weren't profitable. Been happening with natural gas wells alot lately. Know why? Because there is too damn much and they can't make a decent profit. I think alot of electric plants are moving to the use of natural gas anyway as a method of boosting prices and burning cleaner. And if a coal plant can't do it cleanly, it should close. There are standards for a reason.
And, maybe they were just doin OK and the stringent regulations ate up any profit they may have made.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The cost of fuel and food have gone up under this President. That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. These costs have gone up under every president since Washington.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its the people who only vote for him because he is black, and only vote for him because all their life they have voted democrat. Or only vote because someone told them who to vote for.

I don't want to start a race war here. But something like 97% of all blacks voted for Obama. If 97% of whites voted for Romney there would be riots all over. I feel the same as u I respect people's decision as long as its informed and not just blind voting.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I don't want to start a race war here. But something like 97% of all blacks voted for Obama. If 97% of whites voted for Romney there would be riots all over. I feel the same as u I respect people's decision as long as its informed and not just blind voting.

No different than voting strictly for a Democrat or Republican no matter how big of an idiot they are, because that's your party. Lose the 2 party system so we can start voting in the right people.