MLK

FAVREFAN

I once passed Walter Cronkite in the Loop/downtown Chicago in the early 90's. I looked surprised when I saw him, when he saw this, he knew that I knew who he was. He seemed happy that I knew who he was by the smile and nod he gave me, with me being only 20 at the time. We nodded, smiled and never spoke a word yet he received the respect that I had for him. What ever happened to him?

1timepu

10 'Do not (A)fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God
I will strengthen you, surely (B)I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous (C)right hand.'
11"Behold, (D)all those who are angered at you will be
shamed and dishonored;
(E)Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish.
12"(friend)You will seek those who quarrel with you, but will not find them,
Those who war with you will be as nothing and non-existent.
13"For I am the LORD your God, (G)who upholds your right hand,
Who says to you, '(H)Do not fear, I will help you.'

I suppose you could interpret anything as radical Islam (whatever that means), even the above. Live and let live. I am from NYC. Please. do not preach about Islamists to us.

Intersesting.... what does the Koran say about Non Believers?

Channahon

Anyone ever hear about Coretta Scott King Honor Books?
As my granddaughter and I were taking the train to downtown, she was reading a book called "Francie" about a family looking to come north for a better life.

As were dining at McDonalds, there just happened to be a tribute to MLK on the second floor. As we toured the exhibit, I noticed the Coretta Scott King Honor Books and the book my granddaughter was reading is endorsed by Coretta.

So, if you have some young readers in your household, you may want to check out these books. More info on the link below
http://www.ala.org/ala/emiert/corettascottkingbookawards/corettascott.cfm