MMA/UFC

El Correcto

god is dead
Started watching UFC Saturday past. Pretty cool.
Was a pretty technical card. A lot of fighters didn’t perform how they have been recently. Nunes wrestling GDR isn’t completely out of her realm but her KO’s are the draw, was cool to see her go five rounds against a dangerous championship level opponent.

Volkan shutting down Holloway with leg kicks, earning respect with his power and threatening the takedown was impressive. Not letting Holloway set the pace, having the discipline to not stand in range against Holloway and turn it into a brawl.

Covington Usman was an entertaining slug fest. That could of easily turned into a split decision if Usman didn’t get those knockdowns and seal the deal.

El Correcto

god is dead
246 was pretty awful.

Holly Holm was the most interesting fight, seeing her replicate Jon’s game plan was neat. I wouldn’t count Holly out of a title yet after that show. Seems like she is preparing for a Nunes fight working on her grappling after seeing GDR get wrestle :censored2:ed.

Cowboy was an interesting fight for Conor in the 170 division. Everyone who cowboy has beaten and put up a fight against makes for some interesting MMA math for Conor’s abilities at 170. His nose was completely shot after Ferguson though, so I’m not really surprised it exploded after a couple shoulder thrusts. You get your nose broken in the first 10 seconds of a fight you’re pretty :censored2:ed.

El Correcto

god is dead
It seems like they filled the card with guys they are ready to fire. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a couple of those guys last night in the UFC. Nice little trickle down payday on a McGregor undercard, then out the door.