Mon-Fri Driver to a hybrid schedule

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
I am a Mon-Fri FT driver. If I were to transfer, would going to the bottom of the seniority list force me in to a hybrid driver schedule?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I am a Mon-Fri FT driver. If I were to transfer, would going to the bottom of the seniority list force me in to a hybrid driver schedule?

Seniority is seniority...You would carry it with you. If that changes expect a lot of pitchforks and torches.

Box Ox

Seniority is seniority...You would carry it with you. If that changes expect a lot of pitchforks and torches.

The interesting aspect of this question for me is whether somebody who hasn't been reclassified as a 22.4 could/would still need to assume the hybrid schedule. Or are they simply knocked to the bottom of the "RPCD" ranks? Which is probably why OP is asking.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The interesting aspect of this question for me is whether somebody who hasn't been reclassified as a 22.4 could/would still need to assume the hybrid schedule. Or are they simply knocked to the bottom of the "RPCD" ranks? Which is probably why OP is asking.

The new language doesn't say anything about RPCD's being reclassified as 22.4's.

In fact, it says the exact opposite....

-Bug-

Heavy Package

Thank you for putting the original question from the OP into understandable English language.

To the OP: Everything will be answered on the Teamsters conference call on Tuesday, July 10th. Go to UPSrising.org and since you are a low-seniority FT cover driver, pull the truck over with your 50 stops left at 9pm Eastern and call in.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Thank you for putting the original question from the OP into understandable English language.

To the OP: Everything will be answered on the Teamsters conference call on Tuesday, July 10th. Go to UPSrising.org and since you are a low-seniority FT cover driver, pull the truck over with your 50 stops left at 9pm Eastern and call in.
Or on your 6pm lunch break.

542thruNthru

I actually say something regarding that, I believe they have to be working b4 22.4’s can be used.

We’re voting it down anyway, so we’ll see where it goes.

Curious what your reasoning is that PT covers get to work before FT 22.4.

Here FT trumps PT.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I actually say something regarding that, I believe they have to be working b4 22.4’s can be used.

We’re voting it down anyway, so we’ll see where it goes.
I’m worried about my only opportunity at full time now will be 22.4s which I absolutely refuse to do. I didn’t put this many years on just to have my hours cut, work weekends and go back to the warehouse. And if I don’t go 22.4 I will lose seniority to those who will take it.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
You would keep your company seniority and be end tailed for bid routes( center seniority), the 22.4 position would be classified as a new position and if required would be forced from the bottom up based on company seniority. So you should be fine

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You mean a feeder “meal” schedule.... who in Sam hell would take a lunch at 6.... stupid as friend
50% of drivers in our building. Some don’t lunch at all. There is a Dunkin’ near the building and I see 5-10 trucks when I’m driving by. They don’t get it. They say stuff like,
“I have too much business so I can’t lunch in the afternoon”
And I say “You can have an hour less business if you took your hour at 1”

Coldworld

60 months and counting
50% of drivers in our building. Some don’t lunch at all. There is a Dunkin’ near the building and I see 5-10 trucks when I’m driving by. They don’t get it. They say stuff like,
I hear ya... some of these guys are really the problem....

542thruNthru

This S* cracks me up. I hear the same crap also. I always laugh at them when they complain how blown out they are and I make jokes how you could bowl down the middle of my truck.

It's just fear. Weak people afraid that management might not like them.