Monday Holiday-Tuesday heavy?

rickyb

There are a lot of concepts Ricky Bobby has little to no understanding of.
heres another one einstein!:
upload_2020-5-26_17-40-48.png

Ranked: The Social Mobility of 82 Countries

you are 27th place from the best.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
So like...was it heavy today
Yup, since we didn't work Monday. I did see an afternoon Sunday sort for some reason...

Lots of outdoor stuff, inflatable hot tubs we're almost on every route & they were DSR, grrrrrrr.

Some were DEX 007, since they were actually not home & probably at the bay or lake.

Had one Ground route that had a 300 piece pickup... it took 3 p700s to get them all.

Thank goodness 3 of us HD drivers were done early to meet up and load them up for the 1600 ~ 1700 window

That's the reason why I'm mainly HD over as ground

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Of those born into the bottom quintile, the majority will move upward. Moreover the standard of living of someone in the bottom quintile is much better than it was a few short decades ago.

Is there some analysis behind what you're claiming or are you just looking at the current stats and assuming that, for example, a child born to a poor single mom in 1958 had a better chance at "making it" than a child born to a poor single mom 2000 when there are resources and opportunities available to him that were unheard 60 years ago?

rickyb

Of those born into the bottom quintile, the majority will move upward. Moreover the standard of living of someone in the bottom quintile is much better than it was a few short decades ago.

Is there some analysis behind what you're claiming or are you just looking at the current stats and assuming that, for example, a child born to a poor single mom in 1958 had a better chance at "making it" than a child born to a poor single mom 2000 when there are resources and opportunities available to him that were unheard 60 years ago?
oh another one i think richard wolff quotes this and maybe michael hudson is the latest generation is the first generation in US history expected to do worse than the previous one.

the standard of living is falling in north america because of lower opportunities and rising costs.

when youre poor, you want a good safety net. if you are so poor that you are hungry, you want an efficient system of getting enough food for the day so you are not wasting your time looking for food, instead of looking for a job or something like that.

if you are poor, then you want an education system which is cheap or free because then you can spend more time studying instead of having to work. its madness to have an education system which racks up debt. you want to be free to pursue education. i look at student debt as a tax, and why would we as a society want to discourage people from going to school. it should be encouraged. its not competitive to have high student debt when other countries are not. also, whats the cost of the stress of having student debt and tuition? id love to hear that.

funding public transport is cheaper and more efficient than private transport.

Last edited:

rickyb

upload_2020-5-26_21-0-17.png

Let’s not give up on the American Dream: Testimony before the Economic Policy Subcommittee of the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
upload_2020-5-26_21-2-20.png

i think EPI is good, check out jeff faux youtube servant economy or his book.

rickyb

From the best in social mobility, not necessarily quality of life.
he asked for economic mobility and thats what i gave him. the EPI one should be legit, im not familiar with the other sources i quoted, but i know the nordic countries are actually the greatest in the world i believe so it seemed right.

now that doesnt mean im going to jump through your hoop on trumps crimes. you can type what i said into google or you can stick your head in the sand

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
oh another one i think richard wolff quotes this and maybe michael hudson is the latest generation is the first generation in US history expected to do worse than the previous one.

You’re conflating the economic mobility of the individual with the aggregate economic standing of an entire generation. One has nothing to do with the other.

the standard of living is falling in north america because of lower opportunities and rising costs.

The data don’t reflect that, but ok.

when youre poor, you want a good safety net. if you are so poor that you are hungry, you want an efficient system of getting enough food for the day so you are not wasting your time looking for food, instead of looking for a job or something like that.

if you are poor, then you want an education system which is cheap or free because then you can spend more time studying instead of having to work. its madness to have an education system which racks up debt. you want to be free to pursue education. i look at student debt as a tax, and why would we as a society want to discourage people from going to school. it should be encouraged. its not competitive to have high student debt when other countries are not. also, whats the cost of the stress of having student debt and tuition? id love to hear that.

funding public transport is cheaper and more efficient than private transport.

TL;DR: people want stuff for free.

MassWineGuy

Ok, then. The start of a shortened post-vacation week is usually very heavy for our station. No exception yesterday. The weather was perfect so I had no idea why there was a 15 minute early pull. No one was told to start any earlier. And, of course, we were nearly 2,000 pieces over the estimate.

I work in doc sort when I get off the road and let me tell ya, we were hip deep. But we still delivered the black and blue promise.

rickyb

You’re conflating the economic mobility of the individual with the aggregate economic standing of an entire generation. One has nothing to do with the other.

The data don’t reflect that, but ok.

TL;DR: people want stuff for free.
yea its called intergenerational downward mobility

HedleyLamarr

Ok, then. The start of a shortened post-vacation week is usually very heavy for our station. No exception yesterday. The weather was perfect so I had no idea why there was a 15 minute early pull. No one was told to start any earlier. And, of course, we were nearly 2,000 pieces over the estimate.

I work in doc sort when I get off the road and let me tell ya, we were hip deep. But we still delivered the black and blue promise.

We had an early pull last night as well. They even moved some DB times up to get Pup drivers in earlier. It's the first time I remember DB times getting moved up for an early pull. Usually, they only push them up for holidays, like New Years Eve or day after Thanksgiving...etc. I have only been at Express for 5 years, so my memory really doesn't go too far back.

And of course, we still had a late truck this morning. :thumbdown