Monday Holiday-Tuesday heavy?

Southeast Hoss

it's not fair. But the driver has the right to say "to hell with that" after the first day and go get a job cleaning pools or cooking food or whatever else is hiring with comparable pay. If you agree to horrible terms, the onus is on you to move on from them. It's not on the contractor to change his terms.
150 stops- 177 packages- 8.5 hours, set rate- $130 gross, $110 net- who getting paid????? SMH

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
150 stops- 177 packages- 8.5 hours, set rate- $130 gross, $110 net- who getting paid????? SMH

Yup, your contractor sucks.

With my group, you would've grossed $225

Set up a base salary, plus bonus stop pay past 100 stops if you're HD.

Ground should have a package count bonus on top of a base salary as well as meeting pickup deadlines

It will be fine

Yup, your contractor sucks.

With my group, you would've grossed $225

Set up a base salary, plus bonus stop pay past 100 stops if you're HD.

Ground should have a package count bonus on top of a base salary as well as meeting pickup deadlines
Packages don’t pay much of anything anymore. I know guys with contracts that have package pay at $.01. You can’t have a bonus based on package count.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Times have changed!

What other areas are they nickel and diming you?

Yeah less per SmartPost piece as well...

Your demographic is still tight enough for them to squeeze you out of more profits, but I guess that's y others are not liking it

At least the pickups in ground are still profitable, yas?

It will be fine

Times have changed!

Your demographic is still tight enough for them to squeeze you out of more profits, but I guess that's y others are not liking it

Nope. Pickups are the worst. We don’t make money on the pieces. The drivers don’t like them, have to hit the time window so they end up sitting around waiting. We get hassled for any issues with them more than anything else.

The contract incentive structure is completely bass ackwards in terms of how contractors view pickups. They’re bad for business.

zeev

Times have changed!

If they are paying 1 cent on a package you need to get to UPS today are you crazy. Also they should be paying on pickups first that’s were the money is generated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nope. Pickups are the worst. We don’t make money on the pieces. The drivers don’t like them, have to hit the time window so they end up sitting around waiting. We get hassled for any issues with them more than anything else.

The contract incentive structure is completely bass ackwards in terms of how contractors view pickups. They’re bad for business.

Without pickups there wouldn't be a business.

It will be fine

Without pickups there wouldn't be a business.
Which is why the contract should be structured to incentivize providing great service to pickups. As it is now there are actually incentives to have fewer pickups in your area. Drivers are happier doing more deliveries without having to worry about pickups which also improves my bottom line. The “hey I’ve got one more box, give me 5 minutes to pack and label it.” situations don’t make any sense to accommodate when you only get $.01 in revenue for those 5 minutes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Which is why the contract should be structured to incentivize providing great service to pickups. As it is now there are actually incentives to have fewer pickups in your area. Drivers are happier doing more deliveries without having to worry about pickups which also improves my bottom line. The “hey I’ve got one more box, give me 5 minutes to pack and label it.” situations don’t make any sense to accommodate when you only get $.01 in revenue for those 5 minutes.

One of the toughest parts of doing bulk pickups was establishing a cutoff time that worked for both the shipper and carrier. The occasional "hey I've got one box..." was OK but when it started to become a daily thing it was time to close it out and move on to the next pickup.

I had one pickup that liked to pull that crap. We worked out a deal where I would make their pickup as scheduled and, if needed, I would swing back; in turn, they would leave any additional packages outside so that all I had to do was pull in to their parking lot and pick them up without having to back to the dock.

What'dyabringmetoday???

One of the toughest parts of doing bulk pickups was establishing a cutoff time that worked for both the shipper and carrier. The occasional "hey I've got one box..." was OK but when it started to become a daily thing it was time to close it out and move on to the next pickup.

I had one pickup that liked to pull that crap. We worked out a deal where I would make their pickup as scheduled and, if needed, I would swing back; in turn, they would leave any additional packages outside so that all I had to do was pull in to their parking lot and pick them up without having to back to the dock.
They really miss your innovation.

rickyb

I don't think you understand the concept of economic mobility.
mobility.png

US social mobility in one chart – MattBruenig | Politics