Monday work on sat rant

R1wonder

How many hubs run as bad as mine . Record breaking numbers on a sat because they force us to do Monday work after Saturday work , then we come in Monday and it’s dead . Nobody has the balls to demand they’re 8 ever, they rather work punch to punch . Nobody realizes if we all said we want our 8 they wouldn’t ruin our Saturday. I had a 6 hour day and said I wanted my 8, turned it into almost 10 hours because they sent me pickups . So because I got 10, they lightened me up again today , had me give 5 hours of work to a pvd and said to be off the clock at 8 hours . So I crushed it and got back at 7 just to see what they would do , pull in , “do you want you 8” I sure do …. They sent me 25 min away to deliver 3 boxes . So as instruction by my BA I’m filing a grievance tomorrow on pvd taking my over time based on seniority. This company gets worse every year for holidays

Any other hubs dealing with this . Or is delivering Monday work on Saturday unheard of

Last edited:
How many hubs run as bad as mine . Record breaking numbers on a sat because they force us to do Monday work after Saturday work , then we come in Monday and it’s dead . Nobody has the balls to demand they’re 8 even . Nobody realizes if we all said we want our 8 they wouldn’t ruin our Saturday. I had a 6 hour day and said I wanted mr 8, turned it into almost 10 hours because they sent me pickups . So because I got 10, they lightened me up again today , had me give 5 hours of work to a pvd and said to be off the clock at 8 hours . So I crushed it and got back at 7 just to see what they would do , pull in , “do you want you 8” I sure do …. They sent me 25 min away to deliver 3 boxes . So as instruction by my BA I’m filing a grievance tomorrow on pvd taking my over time based on seniority. This company gets worse every year for holidays

Any other hubs dealing with this . Or is delivering Monday work on Saturday unheard of
They have been delivered Monday work since Saturday ground started.
The company just won't admit it

But yes when we work a Saturday during Peak, they give us this question if we want to deliver any of Monday's stuff

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Why aren’t the union stewards making sure everyone is going out with 8 hrs before forcing other drivers who don’t want to work?

CENTER MANAGER: WE HAVE 70 DRIVERS WORKING , EVERYONES IN GRR

come in the next day and all these rabbits have 4 hour days …no thanks. No Saturdays for @MECH-lift
🧔‍♂️✊

R1wonder

They have been delivered Monday work since Saturday ground started.
The company just won't admit it

But yes when we work a Saturday during Peak, they give us this question if we want to deliver any of Monday's stuff
They don’t give us the option anymore . I went out sat with 35 stops . They say do it first , then do sat Monday work . Then they tell us not to return without calling the supervisor

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
They don’t give us the option anymore . I went out sat with 35 stops . They say do it first , then do sat Monday work . Then they tell us not to return without calling the supervisor
You need to run out of hours before they can force you ..around here if you don’t have 8 available for Saturday they can’t even bring you in..at least for the RPCDS

Just a man you're at Saturday and Monday that's all you can do

Unfortunately 80% of the guys will just go home and say screw it

R1wonder

You need to run out of hours before they can force you ..around here if you don’t have 8 available for Saturday they can’t even bring you in..at least for the RPCDS
Can’t run out like I said they are making me an 8 hour day to force me to save hours . So my BA said to file a seniority grievance

DOK

If they forced us to deliver Monday stops on Saturday they’d have no M-friend driver show up on Saturdays during peak. Monday and Saturday packages are loaded in our cars, we apply are required to deliver the Saturday pkgs.

R1wonder

If they forced us to deliver Monday stops on Saturday they’d have no M-friend driver show up on Saturdays during peak. Monday and Saturday packages are loaded in our cars, we apply are required to deliver the Saturday pkgs.
Yea last year wasn’t as bad . It’s more of a “if ya want to help yourself out and deliver this 20 piece bulk stop go ahead” now this year , it’s . Do your sat work and Monday work after and we will tell you when you can come back

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Yup every driver man . Nobody says no . I see posts on here all the time about ppl saying they don’t do it . Everyone works . Even the guys with 35 years
I haven’t worked a Saturday during peak in years , my boss said I’m too slow 🙁

You gotta bid a route that is covered by Saturday routes during the year and surrounded by runners..
🧔‍♂️✊

R1wonder

I haven’t worked a Saturday during peak in years , my boss said I’m too slow 🙁

You gotta bid a route that is covered by Saturday routes during the year and surrounded by runners..
🧔‍♂️✊
Yea that’s not how my hub runs unfortunately. My hubs forcing the lower Monday - Friday guys to work all year on sat . So the 22.4 with 2 years gets a t-s schedule but the guy with 7 years who finally made rpcd gets screwed and forced 6 days . Luckily I don’t deal with that but i feel bad for those that do