Monday work on sat rant

HavenoEDD

Peak hasn’t been all that so far in NJ. Saturday young bucks getting hit hard otherwise 30 more stops a driver. Weather has cooperated and company throwing as much work as they can at scab PVDs so drivers don’t get that sweet peak OT.

Sad watching these casuals work hard only to see that there’s no driving spots available for them this year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How many hubs run as bad as mine . Record breaking numbers on a sat because they force us to do Monday work after Saturday work , then we come in Monday and it’s dead . Nobody has the balls to demand they’re 8 ever, they rather work punch to punch . Nobody realizes if we all said we want our 8 they wouldn’t ruin our Saturday. I had a 6 hour day and said I wanted my 8, turned it into almost 10 hours because they sent me pickups . So because I got 10, they lightened me up again today , had me give 5 hours of work to a pvd and said to be off the clock at 8 hours . So I crushed it and got back at 7 just to see what they would do , pull in , “do you want you 8” I sure do …. They sent me 25 min away to deliver 3 boxes . So as instruction by my BA I’m filing a grievance tomorrow on pvd taking my over time based on seniority. This company gets worse every year for holidays

Any other hubs dealing with this . Or is delivering Monday work on Saturday unheard of
this is my biggest pet peeve about sat work the past few years. If you want me to work sat to keep from not finishing monday ok. If i am working saturday to come in to a 4 hour load monday :censored2: no

Trucker Clock

Can’t run out like I said they are making me an 8 hour day to force me to save hours

That is all you are contractually guaranteed.

Can’t wait to see how the grievance goes

Nowhere.

So I’m filing : that’s my money

No it’s not.

Requested I be paid for all over time lost to sub contracting.

You’re not guaranteed OT, unless the PVD got OT

We owe you 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week plus benefits, nothing more, get over it. Again nothing new.

Correct. Unless extra work is involved

I’m entitled to the work

It’s not your work. Your guaranteed 8 hours on your bid route. That’s it.

Clearly the grievance was over looked .

No it wasn’t. No contractual violation.

Of course , but I also want more . I want my work . 75% of my run is cut to pvd and split cars . I want it back . I could have kept 80 pvd stops and turned my day to 11 hours instead of 6 .

Again. It’s not your work. You’re only guaranteed 8 hours unless the PVD got OT.

R1wonder

That is all you are contractually guaranteed.

Nowhere.

No it’s not.

You’re not guaranteed OT, unless the PVD got OT

Correct. Unless extra work is involved

It’s not your work. Your guaranteed 8 hours on your bid route. That’s it.

No it wasn’t. No contractual violation.

Again. It’s not your work. You’re only guaranteed 8 hours unless the PVD got OT.
You’re clueless . My area is removed . Pvd is under the same language as a part time cover . They’re only guaranteed 2 8 hour days . The routes getting the work off my area are being dispatched heavier . Im 18 years plus , pvd is 3 weeks in . Other two guys are under 7 and 5 years . The work belongs to me .

542thruNthru

You’re clueless . My area is removed . Pvd is under the same language as a part time cover . They’re only guaranteed 2 8 hour days . The routes getting the work off my area are being dispatched heavier . Im 18 years plus , pvd is 3 weeks in . Other two guys are under 7 and 5 years . The work belongs to me .
They are? Your contract says this?

BrownStains

I have no idea what ups management is doing. I’m still working the same hours and getting done at 630 , some days later. I still have my businesses and pickups on my route though with extra resi. But others in my loop have had their routes main lined by a seasonal driver and now have less than 8 hours. I don’t get it. They should be dispersing the work evenly .

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Last stop today is 3 o’clock, 6 hour dispatch , pvd has over 4 hours of my work. Clearly the grievance was over looked . I called the BA and left a voicemail . And I told the steward I want this filed daily . Not just a one time thing they’ll forget about. This issue needs some bold print language in out next contract

We had someone file over this and our shop steward said management wouldn't get around to looking at these grievances until sometime around Groundhog Day.

R1wonder

My business agent told me this . Says they’re under a part time cover language . Ups is also paying pension and health care for every hour worked. So possibly an agreement our local made . So again , I’m not clueless . Can I verify the paperwork in this (no) but this is what I’m told by the business agent. I want to work 11 hours because my wife’s in college and I provide for my entire family . I think it’s funny that trucker clock feels the need to sit here posting with his negative bull :censored2: . Some teamster you are . Just so you know my pvd has the day off today , after I called them out on him only being guaranteed two days , I asked them to stop working him if I have a 6 hour day . my center manager informed me the plan is changed and my work is back on my route .

R1wonder

We had someone file over this and our shop steward said management wouldn't get around to looking at these grievances until sometime around Groundhog Day.
I believe it . I doubt I’ll see a dime this place is a joke . But I kicked up some dust and got my work back today . I can handle two more 60 hour weeks and then I’m off after Xmas

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I believe it . I doubt I’ll see a dime this place is a joke . But I kicked up some dust and got my work back today . I can handle two more 60 hour weeks and then I’m off after Xmas
How you gonna afford to be off with only 45 vacation hours? Do you bartend for extra cash when you’re on vacation?

R1wonder

I just put up a 35k dollar garage guys give me a break 😂

Bosses gave me work back . All is well. I can live on 40, I like extra money

542thruNthru

My business agent told me this . Says they’re under a part time cover language . Ups is also paying pension and health care for every hour worked. So possibly an agreement our local made . So again , I’m not clueless . Can I verify the paperwork in this (no) but this is what I’m told by the business agent. I want to work 11 hours because my wife’s in college and I provide for my entire family . I think it’s funny that trucker clock feels the need to sit here posting with his negative bull :censored2: . Some teamster you are . Just so you know my pvd has the day off today , after I called them out on him only being guaranteed two days , I asked them to stop working him if I have a 6 hour day . my center manager informed me the plan is changed and my work is back on my route .
What supplemental agreement/JC are you under. Never heard of a 2 days 8 hours guarantee. Just curious.