Monday work on sat rant

R1wonder

What supplemental agreement/JC are you under. Never heard of a 2 days 8 hours guarantee. Just curious.
Local 317 . A part time cover is only guaranteed 2 days : the days they work they’re guaranteed they’re 8. They never have problem finding work: or they run air .

R1wonder

What supplemental agreement/JC are you under. Never heard of a 2 days 8 hours guarantee. Just curious.
So ups is contributing to the pension and benefits for our pvds . That’s a good thing : not sure if that’s happening everywhere but it definitely should be

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
That is all you are contractually guaranteed.

Nowhere.

No it’s not.

You’re not guaranteed OT, unless the PVD got OT

Correct. Unless extra work is involved

It’s not your work. Your guaranteed 8 hours on your bid route. That’s it.

No it wasn’t. No contractual violation.

Again. It’s not your work. You’re only guaranteed 8 hours unless the PVD got OT.
If younger seniority drivers are getting more then that will easily win him money. Every pvd has less seniority..

Trucker Clock

My business agent told me this . Says they’re under a part time cover language .

You have part time employees who are trained as part time cover drivers. If they are used as part time cover drivers for the week, they are guaranteed at least 2 days. There is no confusion here.

You also have seasonal package car drivers, which PVD's are. These are not part time cover drivers. They are hired off the street as seasonal package car drivers. They are not part time employees trained as cover drivers.

PVD's are not covered under part time cover drivers.

So possibly an agreement our local made .

No, an interpretation of your local agreement by your BA. UPS has had PVD's in the past. Your local agreement goes back to 2018. This issue should have already come up. Why is it just an issue now?

If UPS uses existing part time cover drivers as PVD's, your BA may have a point. What about the seasonal full time package car drivers hired off the street?

Can I verify the paperwork in this (no) but this is what I’m told by the business agent.

If you are a member of Local 317, you have the right to have this agreement in writing. Ask your BA for it and show me.

I think it’s funny that trucker clock feels the need to sit here posting with his negative bull :censored2:

No. I just don't blow smoke up people asses. I tell them the way it is, based on contractual language, whether they like it or not.

Do you want me to sit here and hold your hand, and tell you that you are right, to give you a participation trophy, just to make you feel good and show you that I am a "good" Teamster.

Sorry if the truth hurts.

Some teamster you are .

About 10% of the members I deal with tell me the same thing. I tell them the way it is. They are hurt because I tell them they are wrong.

Again, sorry if the truth hurts.

If your BA can prove me wrong, I will not have an issues stating that I am wrong. I have a copy of your Local Rider, Do you?

Trucker Clock

If younger seniority drivers are getting more then that will easily win him money.

Are you talking a day to day basis, or a weekly basis? At the end of the week, he still has more hours than the lower seniority employees. His only gripe is on a day to day basis.

He wants to work all the hours he can to avoid coming in on Saturday. I don't blame him. He is still getting his 60 hours for the week, more than the lower seniority drivers.

R1wonder

Trucker clock . I will 100% not get 60 hours this week. I came into today with 38. I’ll be ten hours tops and this is with then giving me work back today . I won’t be working 12 hours Saturday. It’s been about 7, so now I’m gonna end with maybe 55. And the other guys around me will hit 60 no problem and prob only a few hours into Saturday. So yes you’re right I want both things . I want my hours and I don’t want them limited to screw my Saturday. If they lightened me up Friday because I was close that’s understandable, but all week ..: and now I’ve lost money .

And here’s my supplement, I agree with you I doubt there’s written language on the pvd , but the BA said that’s the language they’re on. Cover driver rules and they are paying into pension .

R1wonder

Section c was my grievance

Attachments

• 44682124-40B8-48EE-9B2C-ED50FEB484A0.png
    44682124-40B8-48EE-9B2C-ED50FEB484A0.png
    698.2 KB · Views: 60

JustDeliverIt

They are? Your contract says this?

None of our contracts do, which is why this should have been negotiated before implementing. But kudos to his local if they are interpreting it this way.

Here we have guys going code 5 at 6 hours while PVDs are taking hours of work. Absolutely a joke but no one seems to demand their 8 if it means they can leave.

R1wonder

None of our contracts do, which is why this should have been negotiated before implementing. But kudos to his local if they are interpreting it this way.

Here we have guys going code 5 at 6 hours while PVDs are taking hours of work. Absolutely a joke but no one seems to demand their 8 if it means they can leave.
Right , got guys arguing with me for not letting ups walk all over me . I’ve been in this boat because the very first day of the week ( Monday) my last stop was 230, I did 50 of my Monday stops Saturday as I was forced to do, so Monday I asked why I have an add cut for a pvd , they ask me to work punch to punch and I said no: they gave me so many pickups my day turned to ten hours . So now Tuesday Rolls around and they limit my hours again because I got too many Monday . Tuesday I finished in 7 hours , was asked when I arrived at the hub if I want my 8, I said yes , they sent me 25 min away to deliver 3 stops . . So my Tuesday I only ended a touch over 8 hours . Can anyone blame me for being pissed . Now I’ll end my week 5 hours short when I want the hours .

542thruNthru

Actually I was more confused by the 2 day guarantee.

Trucker Clock

And here’s my supplement, I agree with you I doubt there’s written language on the pvd , but the BA said that’s the language they’re on. Cover driver rules and they are paying into pension .

I hope you win it, but I would not hold my breath. PVD's are not cover drivers, they are seasonal drivers.

Section c was my grievance

I agree that extra work goes by seniority. Dispatching package cars is not extra work.

Extra work is just that. Work that is not scheduled, comes up out of nowhere, and is not anyone's assigned work. Again, good luck on the grievance, but I think your BA is bluffing. Nothing wrong with that. Get what you want without the grievance hearing.

Trucker Clock

APPENDIX A UPSTATE/WEST NEW YORK DISTRICTS WAGE SCHEDULE

C) Part-time employees working as Temporary Cover drivers will do so for a minimum of one week at a time and will be guaranteed a minimum of two days planned coverage per week that they are working as a Temporary Cover driver. All part-time cover drivers working in the package or feeder classification shall be guaranteed eight (8) hours per day

R1wonder

I actually just searched the supplement for this while on lunch break. I don’t see it written anywhere. Another contract flaw . But my guess is the only language is that part timers are Guaranteed 3.5 hours a day all week. Which is 17.5 hours . .. now I’m intrigued 😆 but it was never an issue I needed to pursue .

R1wonder

I hope you win it, but I would not hold my breath. PVD's are not cover drivers, they are seasonal drivers.

I agree that extra work goes by seniority. Dispatching package cars is not extra work.

Extra work is just that. Work that is not scheduled, comes up out of nowhere, and is not anyone's assigned work. Again, good luck on the grievance, but I think your BA is bluffing. Nothing wrong with that. Get what you want without the grievance hearing.
I just hope I don’t need to keep complaining for two weeks . And a definition of extra work can go several ways . But when they’re a cover driver that’s a peak split car . With 170 stops . That would mainly be my bid area . And I have 107..: that’s extra work in my eyes lol. Don’t give them more

542thruNthru

I want to hear more of this story lol: did you win yourself a garage
@rod is old and gets confused easily. He thought he put a vehicle in park but put it in reverse and crashed into his garage. Then he complained to the insurance company that they had to pay for the other garage door that had no damage to it because it was hurting his feelings that it looked like the one that was just fixed because it was a constant reminder of the old garage door that he hit.

542thruNthru

APPENDIX A UPSTATE/WEST NEW YORK DISTRICTS WAGE SCHEDULE

C) Part-time employees working as Temporary Cover drivers will do so for a minimum of one week at a time and will be guaranteed a minimum of two days planned coverage per week that they are working as a Temporary Cover driver. All part-time cover drivers working in the package or feeder classification shall be guaranteed eight (8) hours per day
Yes I saw it. It just seemed like such poorly negotiated language that why I asked what local he was so I could read it.