Moonshine

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Never tried it, I have heard stories from some family in NC.
I love watching the moonshiners show on tv

texan

I was 18, tired of home and left.

I grew up with a transplanted family from Tennessee near us, and the male that was my age, I grew up
with him, and we were friends all through high school.

His father really liked to drink, his mother was very against it.

They left right after high school graduation and moved to Cookville Tenn.

So in early October, I made a desision, enough of my home life.

I hopped in my 1956 Ford friend-100, and was going to see the world. I drove to Cookville Tenn to see
and visit my high school friend.

Cookville Tenn is a dry county. They lived away from town, up on a mountain.

His father could make 1 phone call, and within an hour, a taxi would come up from town
and bring moonshine. What a racket.

My friend knew where his dad kept that stash of local spirits, and two young 18 year olds, well we sampled.

It took my breath away and after two to three swigs, I was plastered. People may say no way, but that stuff
had to be 150 to 165 proof.

A memory of local white clear central Tenn moonshine.

My friend and I joined the Army together in Nov of that year.

I do not like to drink currently, as I have seen the fruit of it in other people's lives.

Some can be an occasional drinker, and do fine. Others can be destroyed by it.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I went to the neighbors tonight. They broke out the moonshine. It was real good. Anyone have any stories or preference for the moonshine.

I went to a massive house party out in the boonies back when I was 20 or 21.. right across the street from a self-storage facility. Nearest neighbor was a cranky old lady about a mile down the road.

I get twisted on all the free keg beer and other things.. I stagger into the keg shed to find my buddy's brother digging into a jar of strawberry moonshine. We both start taking pulls from it when two more guys come in and ask us if it's any good. We tell 'em to eat the strawberries and they think they're somehow toxic. Right as I pull the biggest strawberry out of the jar and bite into it the lights go out and someone yells "COPS ARE HERE!"

I think I drunkenly hid in the woods for an hour or so. I don't remember. Cranky old crone had called the sheriff on us because of loud music. :angry: