More Global Warming

klein

Für Meno :)
Trust me, I understand the concern over drought.

Yeah, I know. Texas was hit very hard with it, last year, and I think the year before, too.
And, if we don't get snow soon, not only will the food supply be shortend, but also tons of forest fires.

Yeah, I know. Texas was hit very hard with it, last year, and I think the year before, too.
And, if we don't get snow soon, not only will the food supply be shortend, but also tons of forest fires.

Texas has been in drought or near drought since 2007 . Forest fires are a true concern. Texas drought is the primary reason lots of cost increases as well.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sweetwater got an inch or two yesterday.........the lowering of a river/pond caused a skull to be found around there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama Regime Fining Firms For Not Using Special Biofuel . . . That Doesn’t Exist…
In the name of what else — global warming.
(NY Times) — When the companies that supply motor fuel close the books on 2011, they will pay about $6.8 million in penalties to the Treasury because they failed to mix a special type of biofuel into their gasoline and diesel as required by law.

But there was none to be had. Outside a handful of laboratories and workshops, the ingredient, cellulosic biofuel, does not exist.

In 2012, the oil companies expect to pay even higher penalties for failing to blend in the fuel, which is made from wood chips or the inedible parts of plants like corncobs. Refiners were required to blend 6.6 million gallons into gasoline and diesel in 2011 and face a quota of 8.65 million gallons this year.

“It belies logic,” Charles T. Drevna, the president of the National Petrochemicals and Refiners Association, said of the 2011 quota. And raising the quota for 2012 when there is no production makes even less sense, he said.

Penalizing the fuel suppliers demonstrates what happens when the federal government really, really wants something that technology is not ready to provide. In fact, while it may seem harsh that the Environmental Protection Agency is penalizing them for failing to do the impossible, the agency is being lenient by the standards of the law, the 2007 Energy Independence and Security Act.

The law, aimed at reducing the nation’s greenhouse gas emissions, its reliance on oil imported from hostile places and the export of dollars to pay for it, includes provisions to increase the efficiency of vehicles as well as incorporate renewable energy sources into gasoline and diesel.

klein

Für Meno :)
the law, the 2007 Energy Independence and Security Act.

I think that says it all. Another law that Obama forgot to cancel that Bush implemented along side with those tax cuts for the rich.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
well you really can't blame him on that one, between killing the economy and playing the most ever rounds of golf for any sitting president where was he going to find the time.

804brown

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"However, the scientist who led the new work is clear that while greater uncertainty has been discovered in Asia’s highest mountains, the melting of ice caps and glaciers around the world remains a serious concern." Thankyou

Was that in the article that she posted? Are you saying that the headline and the content within the article do not agree with one another? How could that be--all she did was copy and paste--it's not as though she wrote the article?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Was that in the article that she posted? Are you saying that the headline and the content within the article do not agree with one another? How could that be--all she did was copy and paste--it's not as though she wrote the article?
No, it said there was greater uncertainity in Asia mtns....just like the headline says....BUT around the rest of the world it says there is concern.
Story & Headline matches Beavis!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, is this why she let her hair grow......so as not to use hair spray ??? Mooch can have all the cows killed and make us all vegans for healthier bodies and healthier air with less methane. Will AL Gore be made a CZAR ???

US launches new coalition to fight climate change - Yahoo! News

tourists24

So, is this why she let her hair grow......so as not to use hair spray ??? Mooch can have all the cows killed and make us all vegans for healthier bodies and healthier air with less methane. Will AL Gore be made a CZAR ???

US launches new coalition to fight climate change - Yahoo! News
Just the title of that article is a joke. Like we can change the climate of the world.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Monday, March 12, 2012 @ 6:15 pm | Report: No Global Warming For 17 Years, Temps At Their Coldest Point… Paging RFK Jr.

No Warming For 17 Years — Game, Set, Match — Real Science