More money or better work conditions

GolfCart

We have a couple of folks that run early am. But they max out every driver with air even late air is not a problem most days I am stupid I still care about my job and my customers I do not want late air but now days I tell my boss I will have late air and I leave But most days early am drivers get very short hrs

air_dr

We have a couple of folks that run early am. But they max out every driver with air even late air is not a problem most days I am stupid I still care about my job and my customers I do not want late air but now days I tell my boss I will have late air and I leave But most days early am drivers get very short hrs
Thank you for your reply. Am I understanding you correctly then that your EAM air is done by PT air drivers who only drive? Or do those EAM drivers work in the hub for a time each day and then brown up to go do those deliveries?

Your post I quoted above has also told me a little bit more about you...and what may be your ticket to better working conditions... You say you still care about your job and your customers...I think that is still good in a way, but the are all too many management people who will abuse that noble quality. Sometimes the only way to get your work load reduced to more reasonable levels is to have a whole bunch of service failures. That, sadly, is the only language some people understand.

GolfCart

Yes I do try to have late air now days. I tell my boss and dispatcher If y'all do not care I do not care anymore We leave hub at 9:35 or later with 10 air and 40-50 miles of air only driving It gets old
The air drivers run air only but it's 8:30 am only

screamin chicken

To be fair with the work load, not to give me peak all year , and then not enough work to keep others busy for 6 hrs. that stretch it out for 9.5 hrs. daily , that would cut cost there....................

A

anonymous6

Co profits for 08-13 will be about 20-$25,000,000,000.00 ( give or take? )

what's so bad for asking for a little bit of that, a piece of the pie as it were?
better working conditions would improve production in the long run.......win-win situation.

CEO, all management, and all hourlies have contributed to the success of UPS. All should profit from this. I don't perform for the fun of it. I run my family like a business and need more money like everyone else.

and don't forget to remind your management team that their year end stock bonuses were earned mainly on the backs of hourlies.