MORE NONSENSE

browned out

10 reasons to vote Yes is still filled with a bunch of non answers, smoke and mirrors and double talk just read this garbage below for instance. You can only be forced over 60 if you have 8 hours left ; what the heck is that supposed to mean? Almost every driver who has 60 hours in or less obviously will still have 10 available to get to the 70 hour mark

70-Hour Work Weeks

Drivers can only be moved to a 70-hour work week during peak season and–with prior approval of the Teamsters Package Division Director–during acts of God or emergencies creating service disruptions. Drivers can only be forced beyond 60 hours IF they have 8 hours available. ALL HOURS OVER 60 WILL BE PAID AT DOUBLE TIME.

And there is more garbage lies from the teamsters in the 10 reasons to vote Yes pamphlet they they have just put out.

browned out

Excessive Overtime

The union will now control the 9.5 process. This means that the union representative will use the center’s full seniority list as the “opt in” list unless individual drivers tell the representative that they want overtime, and do not wish to be on the 9.5 list. The representative will then remove that name from the list and present the final list to management. You are automatically on the list unless you want off. You can also get on or off the list at any time thereafter with one week’s notice to management.

BUT DO RCPDs have the first right to OT? And why aren't hybrid drivers allowed to be on the 9-5 list?

browned out

AND THIS LANGUAGE WILL ABSOULUTLY BE USED TO TARGET AND RETALIATE AGAINST RPCDs

Dishonesty and Technology

The contractual protections against using technology to discipline employees are strengthened. UPS must give a verbal warning on an identical infraction (i.e. two seat belt violations) before issuing a warning letter on that violation. The restriction on using technology for discharge remains in effect. The new language further restricts the definition of dishonesty.

.....so Johnny McRunner has 20 seatbelt violations, is rolling stop signs, speeding, driving with the bulkhead open, etc. but we like him....so let's look the other way.

Mr. METHODS follower who is over allowed had two bulkhead infractions...TIME TO START PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLE LEADING TO DISCHARGE DUE TO HIS HISTORY OF REFUSING TO FOLLOW MGMT INSTRUCTIONS.

Garbage

Last edited:

Spicybrother

The contractual protections against using technology to discipline employees are strengthened. UPS must give a verbal warning on an identical infraction (i.e. two seat belt violations) before issuing a warning letter on that violation. The restriction on using technology for discharge remains in effect. The new language further restricts the definition of dishonesty.

.....so Johnny McRunner has 20 seatbelt violations, is rolling stop signs, speeding, driving with the bulkhead open, etc. but we like him....so let's look the other way.

Mr. METHODS follower who is over allowed had two bulkhead infractions...TIME TO START PROGRESSIVE DISCIPLE LEADING TO DISCHARGE DUE TO HIS HISTORY OF REFUSING TO FOLLOW MGMT INSTRUCTIONS.

Garbage
This BS left me with no doubt I have to vote no on this contract. It’s a sad day.

Brown_Star

Methods Man

Garbage

Just do the job by the methods! That's it the end!

dogs.bite.me

Garbage

The language clearly states they still have to directly observe you and cannot just use the technology.

Blackstream

I assume that means they can't force you to start a new shift if you're over 62 hours already. As in, if your guarantee would put you over 70 hours, they can't make you come in, because they'd be forcing you to work less than your guarantee in order to be compliant.

bumped

Excessive Overtime

The union will now control the 9.5 process. This means that the union representative will use the center’s full seniority list as the “opt in” list unless individual drivers tell the representative that they want overtime, and do not wish to be on the 9.5 list. The representative will then remove that name from the list and present the final list to management. You are automatically on the list unless you want off. You can also get on or off the list at any time thereafter with one week’s notice to management.

BUT DO RCPDs have the first right to OT? And why aren't hybrid drivers allowed to be on the 9-5 list?

9-5'ers are not on the list so we can give back even more 5 years from now to put them on the list.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I assume that means they can't force you to start a new shift if you're over 62 hours already. As in, if your guarantee would put you over 70 hours, they can't make you come in, because they'd be forcing you to work less than your guarantee in order to be compliant.

That means you would already have to be over 60 in order to not be forced to work over 60.

dogs.bite.me

I would have to look but I believe that would only pertain to discharges. They can go through progressive discipline and suspend you for these stupid telematics infractions still.
And if a steward allowed his example....he needs new representation. I would ask for the telematics record for the last 2 weeks and question why none of these guys were written up. Then I would refuse to sign the warning letter and file a grievance for harassment.

Where I am they can give swarming letters, but our BA won’t let a suspension stick unless observed.

542thruNthru

And if a steward allowed his example....he needs new representation. I would ask for the telematics record for the last 2 weeks and question why none of these guys were written up. Then I would refuse to sign the warning letter and file a grievance for harassment.

Where I am they can give swarming letters, but our BA won’t let a suspension stick unless observed.

Oh I agree I would definitely bury them in grievances. Problem is we know the company will try and enforce this crap.

Db2400

Wow gee thanks

browned out

Absoulutly ask for the Telematics reports for the whole center for the last two weeks.

The way they will target and retaliate against RPCDs will be a combination of telematics infractions, trumped up observations and actual method or delivery violations. All of the above will lead UPS to state a history of refusal to follow management instruction. You have been trained on UPS prescribed METHODS and procedures YET you refuse to.

DEMAND THOSE TELEMATICS REPORTS AS SOON AS THE TARGETING AND RETALIATION ENSUES.

Future

Victory Ride
7274103C-4C87-4DFE-B4A1-C2306FA4B04F.gif

dogs.bite.me

Absoulutly ask for the Telematics reports for the whole center for the last two weeks.

The way they will target and retaliate against RPCDs will be a combination of telematics infractions, trumped up observations and actual method or delivery violations. All of the above will lead UPS to state a history of refusal to follow management instruction. You have been trained on UPS prescribed METHODS and procedures YET you refuse to.

DEMAND THOSE TELEMATICS REPORTS AS SOON AS THE TARGETING AND RETALIATION ENSUES.
Funny

I’ve done it with misload reports. No retaliation.

browned out

Plaintiff's Failure to Accurately Record Deliveries, Follow Instructions, and Take and Record a Lunch Break Pursuant to UPS Policy and Procedures........Plaintiff was discharged for his alleged persistent failure to follow proper delivery methods, procedures, and instructions, as well as his continued failure to follow his supervisor's instructions. CARLISLE v. UNITED PARCEL | No. 7:15-CV-1376 ... | 20170830c13| Leagle.com

Plaintiff was also discharged for the reason that, according to UPS, he did not record a "left at" stop in his DIAD when a customer approached his truck and asked for a package from the truck, after he had already completed a delivery at her address to a different consignee.110

. UPS internal memoranda and timecards reflect that Plaintiff made package delivery stops during his recorded lunch breaks, and, on some work days, did not record lunch breaks at all. Moreover, Plaintiff testified during his deposition that there were occasions on which he did not take a 45-minute unpaid lunch.115 61 [Plf.'s Rule 7.1 Response to UPS, purporting to "[d]ispute[]" above-stated fact "to the extent set forth in Nos. 57 and 58," but failing to cite record evidence giving rise to a factual dispute].)

The above is a perfect example of how UPS Will use the new telematics discipline language to selectively target, retaliate, discipline and finally discharge RPCDs.

Last edited:

browned out

UPS argued that Plaintiff had not, and would not, correct his behavior, and that the arbitration panel should uphold Plaintiff's discharge.

New Telematic Discipline language will absoulutly be abused.