Mother’s Day

Integrity

Binge Poster
The point is, everyone just loves pointing the finger, but not willing to lift a finger to take any initiative. It’s not just UPS. No one takes responsibility for anything that might affect them. Just point fingers. Lame.

Wages rates are negotiated. Takes two to tango. Blame the weak union you pay dues to.
Yes the membership is weak,

JustDeliverIt

Unfortunately the full timers voting rate is pathetic. So we have to take what the company gives us.

As much as I agree that the voting turnout is pathetic, at the end of the day the union should have the memberships back and they didn't last contract. They pushed through something the majority didn't want but our "leaders" did. UPS issued a statement that they were willing to go back to negotiations and the IBT said nope, we're good.

As much as anyone will post here and say the votes weren't there, that's a cop-out answer. The majority said no and IMO they owed it to us to go back to the table.

Whither

Scofflaw
As much as I agree that the voting turnout is pathetic, at the end of the day the union should have the memberships back and they didn't last contract. They pushed through something the majority didn't want but our "leaders" did. UPS issued a statement that they were willing to go back to negotiations and the IBT said nope, we're good.

As much as anyone will post here and say the votes weren't there, that's a cop-out answer. The majority said no and IMO they owed it to us to go back to the table.
Yup. You only have to apply the same logic to another, closely-related topic. In general there's not a huge turn out in the IBT or local elections either but somehow that doesn't deter our union reps from thinking they have the right to make decisions on our behalves ...

JustDeliverIt

Yup. You only have to apply the same logic to another, closely-related topic. In general there's not a huge turn out in the IBT or local elections either but somehow that doesn't deter our union reps from thinking they have the right to make decisions on our behalves ...

Agreed, and it's usually the FTers that are voting in those as well. To be fair to my local, when I talked to them they were as floored as anyone else they pushed it through. We were also one of the locals that passed the threshold of a no vote for our supplement so they were ready for more negotiations and was surprised it was only for our supplemental isssues.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Disagree.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Get involved of you don’t like how things are done. The Union operates more democratic the the US does.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I had a national account shipper blow out yesterday. When I arrived they told me what I had and there was no way to put that much in the truck.

Shipper looked at me and said " what's the problem? we told your boss early today about this".....

Total incompetence
If you’re getting that much volume from a customer they need to set it up as a feeder pickup. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

Made brown

Because some 10 dollar dock worker said so? What boss? What time did they call? Did they give piece count early enough for the center to plan? Did you ask the follow up questions? Probably not. Im sure there’s a driver the “boss” can pull out of his a** to send over there in a moments notice.

Why didn’t the just tell you, their beloved driver? Mothers Day is the same time every year for them and you lol. ( I know, you’re just a dumb driver, not your job).

These one sided lame assumptions and conclusions are tired.
The blank stare that one would get if someone came to management with useful information.

wornoutupser

Because some 10 dollar dock worker said so? What boss? What time did they call? Did they give piece count early enough for the center to plan? Did you ask the follow up questions? Probably not. Im sure there’s a driver the “boss” can pull out of his a** to send over there in a moments notice.

Why didn’t the just tell you, their beloved driver? Mothers Day is the same time every year for them and you lol. ( I know, you’re just a dumb driver, not your job).

These one sided lame assumptions and conclusions are tired.
We are informed every day early of this shipper's volume.

The center manager receives the report.

We do not have additional drivers to send here nor the equipment needed to transport this back to our center.