Move the Timeclocks!

Returntosender

Why would someone retrieve a gun thrown over a fence, not use it for anything, then carry it out through a security check point? If someone were planning to use a weapon in a parking lot on UPS property, but outside the secured area, there are way easier ways to accomplish that.

Searches on the way out are not for weapons, they are for the detection of theft. Police officers are not allowed to conduct such searches without probable cause, why should some ex-felon with 8 hours of training and a shiny badge be allowed to conduct a search without probable cause? The argument is that it is a condition of employment, and I have a few problems with that argument, but that can take all night to get into.

The main problem I will address is that corporations have managed to put themselves in a position of both being above the law, and legally capable of violating our rights, and most people will defend that position. It's absolutely insane that companies can get away with this stuff, and people not only accept their own persecution, they will fight for their oppressors. It makes no sense.
I trying to say no matter what UPS does someone will find a way to breach their security procedures.

AlreadyDisgruntled

The security measures are a joke. They have a sign saying "No Guns/No Weapons" which as an employee you can't bring in because of the metal detector when leaving, but I doubt somebody that wants to shoot up the place is going to listen to the signs and the unarmed security guards don't do anything but check your ID when going in. Aside from the fact that any would be bad guy could just harm them, those IDs would be very easy to fake. It doesn't exactly make me feel all that safe at work...

Nimnim

The Nim
I trying to say no matter what UPS does someone will find a way to breach their security procedures.

The security at the guard shack stations aren't supposed to touch us, just check bags and wave a wand, if a weapon is found they can only tell us it's not allowed and call into the building to warn people. They aren't paid enough to deal with a possible assault situation.

It's silly anyways for many facilities as someone who wanted to shoot up the place would either just walk through security and not stop or go to any part of the fence line 100 yards away and hop it. Barbed wire be damned for someone prepared to do it and in some facilities they'd just drive to the building like a feeder would and couldn't be stopped before they got to an entrance and did whatever they planned to do.

On a less serious note they lessened up on the reasons to bring phones in and it's easy to get a sticker. I know multiple people who got it just in case the guard shack finally found their phones when going through but none of them have had them found yet.

Guard shacks and outside contracted security are a joke and just used for insurance liability reasons.