Movies

quebec_driver

We have a movie up here that did well in Both the Genies, and the Jutras ( these are somewhat like the Oscars for Canada and Quebec)... It`s called C.R.A.Z.Y., I was wondering if it showing anywhere else. Quebec filmakers have come out with a few in the couple of years;
-La grande seduction (the great seduction)
-Maurice Richard
-Les Invasions barbares

Tyrone Slothrop

quebec_driver said:
We have a movie up here that did well in Both the Genies, and the Jutras ( these are somewhat like the Oscars for Canada and Quebec)... It`s called C.R.A.Z.Y., I was wondering if it showing anywhere else. Quebec filmakers have come out with a few in the couple of years;
-La grande seduction (the great seduction)
-Maurice Richard
-Les Invasions barbares

I 've seen C.R.A.Z.Y., best movie I've seen in years. Haven't seen it playing anywhere in the States yet.

wkmac

I've paid absolutely no attention to movies of late. Just been busy with other things. What's playing and what's good? I need a nice 2 to 3 hour break and get lost in a good movie.

Just saw recently where Harrison Ford has been working with Lucas and Spielberg on an Indiana Jones #4. Wonder how that is gonna play? Wish Ford would revisit Bladerunner!

quebec_driver

i`ll recommend "La grande seduction" , it`s the story of a town trying to seduce a doctor to live and stay in their community, it is very funny, and IT IS A STORY ABOUT THE REALITY IN QUEBEC WHEN IT COMES TO DOCTORS. Maurice Richard is the story of a real life sports icon in Quebec.

wkmac

I can tell you the movie I want to see and that's the future movie about the autistic kid who scored 20 points in the high school basketball game. God I love it when life gives us special moments like that.

Tyrone Slothrop

wkmac said:
I can tell you the movie I want to see and that's the future movie about the autistic kid who scored 20 points in the high school basketball game. God I love it when life gives us special moments like that.

Keith, I thought that was great as well. I almost posted something on that, as a 'Bush done good' thing, till I found out the chimp cut funding for autism.

Watch Syriana. Somehow I think you'll get it;).

For a movie to watch with the kids, see if you can find C.R.A.Z.Y. If you can't find it, pm me, maybe I can help. You might also want to rent 'Bird', an older Clint Eastwood film (and Oscar winner). Your daughter may enjoy it, maybe even get some inspiration http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094747/

wkmac

I heard several good things about Bird. Most people aren't aware that behind that Dirty Harry character is not only someone who loves jazz but someone who can plays jazz. Eastwood is a jazz nut. Jazz is a fantastic music form and one that should get more attention than it does IMO.