MrFedEx would like to discuss Religion

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I would add something about my beliefs but I don't want to be hunted down, dragged to Salem and you know the rest of the story.

Someone with a sense of humor...bravo. Now, what if I said, Allah saves, or Krishna saves, or whatever? The Christians wouldn't like it, the Muslims would want to get even, and the Krishnas would try and sell you a magic brownie.

The mods wouldn't allow my other post, which "quoted" Allah and mimicked the biblical passage at the bottom of jesus_saves posting. Why not? Because there is a double standard when it comes to Christianity. Perhaps it is the dominant religion in the US, but aren't we supposed to be equal opportunity for all religions?

My whole point was "why do born-agains have to wear it on their sleeve?", and if other religions try to do the same thing...it isn't OK. What if I went around signing every post on the BC with something to the effect that "Allah loves you" and quoted a passage from the Koran? I guarantee that a bunch of folks wouldn't like it and would say so.

The answer is "hypocrisy". I'm sorry if I hijacked the original thread, but I can't stand being "saved" or "blessed" when I don't want to be. Believe however you wish, but don't try to peddle your product where it doesn't belong.

You might be surprised on the similarities in our beliefs. I happen to be someone who can find humor in everything,hence my post. What I had a problem with was you jumping in and questioning the guys username and signatures and how he closed his discussion in HIS thread.. Just because you disagree,which is your right and I do support it,that was not the place for it. Be respectful of the house you`re in.

I think this entire thread should be shredded.

I can't make fun out of any religion, esspecially not Jesus.
You never know, when and actually to whom you pray.

But, almost everyone in thier lifetime will pray.

And, making fun out of it, just ain't right.
Because, one day, you might just need some prayers answered....

And, those will go unanswered for the disrepected.

Well we weren`t asking you now were we? You might be surprised Klein but some of us can actually form a cognitive thought without you butting in.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well we weren`t asking you now were we? You might be surprised Klein but some of us can actually form a cognitive thought without you butting in.
Your kidding right? I can't even talk to Fethr in chat for 2 seconds without him butting in.

DS

Fenderbender
lord Jesus spoke at a large FedEx station,
and he told them that thou shall not steal,
All those I-pods and phones led them into temptation,
gather round if you want to be healed-
From the back of the rabble a voice shouted aloud,
please, a miracle sir you must show me,
Our lord Jesus walked over and said MrFedex,Im Jesus
and kicked him in the cajones.

DorkHead

My whole point was "why do born-agains have to wear it on their sleeve?", and if other religions try to do the same thing...it isn't OK. What if I went around signing every post on the BC with something to the effect that "Allah loves you" and quoted a passage from the Koran? I guarantee that a bunch of folks wouldn't like it and would say so..

I believe they don`t HAVE to wear it on their sleeves, they CHOOSE to and I see nothing wrong with it. I also think the "God bless" send off was a form of politeness, similar to saying thank you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You might be surprised on the similarities in our beliefs. I happen to be someone who can find humor in everything,hence my post. What I had a problem with was you jumping in and questioning the guys username and signatures and how he closed his discussion in HIS thread.. Just because you disagree,which is your right and I do support it,that was not the place for it. Be respectful of the house you`re in.

That's fine...this has turned out to be rather interesting. I guess I'm not a big fan of the whole born-again deal. Like I suggested, what if my user name were Allah_saves and I put a verse from the Koran at the end of my posts suggesting that Christians convert to Islam?

For me, it's OK if you or anyone else choose to worship the dog poop in the neighbors yard...none of my business. I used to have a neighbor who spent about 4 weeks in Africa every year because he needed to convert them to Christ from worshipping something else. Christians in particular seem very good at telling everyone else that their religion is wrong and that they need to change or burn eternally. That's just not right. I'm sure you have a few floating around UPS too...the ones that go running to management if someone plays a satanic Beatles tune on the AM sort.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
lord Jesus spoke at a large FedEx station,
and he told them that thou shall not steal,
All those I-pods and phones led them into temptation,
gather round if you want to be healed-
From the back of the rabble a voice shouted aloud,
please, a miracle sir you must show me,
Our lord Jesus walked over and said MrFedex,Im Jesus
and kicked him in the cajones.

If he really was Jesus he could kick me without walking over. And yes, a miracle would be nice now and then. What's wrong with a little proof?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
If you're a "Christian" say whatever you want. If you're something else, better wear your asbestos underwear.

The only reason I would need to wear asbestos underwear would be becasue I am hot.:wink2:

I am Roman Catholic, however, no one needs to be told that they need asbestos underware because that implies they are going to hell.

I believe I will allow God to judge me.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Someone with a sense of humor...bravo. Now, what if I said, Allah saves, or Krishna saves, or whatever? The Christians wouldn't like it, the Muslims would want to get even, and the Krishnas would try and sell you a magic brownie.

The mods wouldn't allow my other post, which "quoted" Allah and mimicked the biblical passage at the bottom of jesus_saves posting. Why not? Because there is a double standard when it comes to Christianity. Perhaps it is the dominant religion in the US, but aren't we supposed to be equal opportunity for all religions?

My whole point was "why do born-agains have to wear it on their sleeve?", and if other religions try to do the same thing...it isn't OK. What if I went around signing every post on the BC with something to the effect that "Allah loves you" and quoted a passage from the Koran? I guarantee that a bunch of folks wouldn't like it and would say so.

The answer is "hypocrisy". I'm sorry if I hijacked the original thread, but I can't stand being "saved" or "blessed" when I don't want to be. Believe however you wish, but don't try to peddle your product where it doesn't belong.
Your question has been answered. Here it is for you again. They are supposed to do this, as it is their mission in life. What is your mission in life? BTW, if someone said to me, Allah bless you, I would feel honored. It's that other saying that would make me run.:wink2:

I think this entire thread should be shredded.

I can't make fun out of any religion, esspecially not Jesus.
You never know, when and actually to whom you pray.

But, almost everyone in thier lifetime will pray.

And, making fun out of it, just ain't right.
Because, one day, you might just need some prayers answered....

And, those will go unanswered for the disrepected.
I disagree with this statement. God hears the prayers of the righteous and unrighteous. He doesn't turn a deaf ear to anyone calling on His name. He doesn't get offended by what people say about Him.

If you're a "Christian" say whatever you want. If you're something else, better wear your asbestos underwear.
It's funny that you say this. For everything you have said or asked there's something written in the bible that speaks right to you about that particular subject. It's funny that you mock and jab at Christian's and Christianity as these have no need to defend their God. They will just point you in the direction for the answers or pray with you when you're in need.

Now, God forbid, you were to mock another religion. You may find yourself at the end of a sharp blade or worse. Mind you, just as in any organization, there are bad elements. That's why Christianity stresses a one on one relationship with God. In life, people will fail you, God won't.

Sorry for the length of my sermon. There will be coffee and donuts in the lobby. God Bless You!:happy2::peaceful:

DS

Fenderbender
If he really was Jesus he could kick me without walking over. And yes, a miracle would be nice now and then. What's wrong with a little proof?

[video=youtube;EueO1B8m2dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EueO1B8m2dw[/video]

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your question has been answered. Here it is for you again. They are supposed to do this, as it is their mission in life. What is your mission in life? BTW, if someone said to me, Allah bless you, I would feel honored. It's that other saying that would make me run.:wink2:

I disagree with this statement. God hears the prayers of the righteous and unrighteous. He doesn't turn a deaf ear to anyone calling on His name. He doesn't get offended by what people say about Him.

It's funny that you say this. For everything you have said or asked there's something written in the bible that speaks right to you about that particular subject. It's funny that you mock and jab at Christian's and Christianity as these have no need to defend their God. They will just point you in the direction for the answers or pray with you when you're in need.

Now, God forbid, you were to mock another religion. You may find yourself at the end of a sharp blade or worse. Mind you, just as in any organization, there are bad elements. That's why Christianity stresses a one on one relationship with God. In life, people will fail you, God won't.

Sorry for the length of my sermon. There will be coffee and donuts in the lobby. God Bless You!:happy2::peaceful:

Excuse me, but have you ever seen "The 700 Club" or any of the numerous other Christian shows that mock Catholics, Jews, Muslims (among others)? The pious Pat Robertson and others (insert televangelist piece of crap here) makes me want to throw-up, yet he has the gall to call himself a follower of Jesus. His is a brand of "Christianity" I can do without.

Here's what I really wanted to say all along, which is that Jesus probably wouldn't want very much to do with most "Christians". As Gandhi famously said, "I like your Christ, but I don't much like your Christians", when asked about US religious practices.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with your last line, which supports my idea that religion often gives Jesus, or Allah, or Buddha (insert god here) a bad name. Nobody appreciates having any religious priciple forced upon them. whether it's at your front door (Jehovah's Witness, Mormons), at the water cooler, or on the belt at work. People make (insert deity here) look bad through their interpretations of what (insert deity here) originally intended.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I think if given the option in shipping needs, Jesus would choose UPS. We have the 10 point commentary, and the 10 rules of backing which, though not commonly known were modeled after the 10 commandments. And of course the UPS trinity - 3 points of contact.
"God Bless us everyone" -(Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol)