MrFedEx would like to discuss Religion

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Seven! Seven is the number here!
[video=youtube;hIYYZPnacWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIYYZPnacWo&feature=related[/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
ALSO...............

seven.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think if given the option in shipping needs, Jesus would choose UPS. We have the 10 point commentary, and the 10 rules of backing which, though not commonly known were modeled after the 10 commandments. And of course the UPS trinity - 3 points of contact.
"God Bless us everyone" -(Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol)

Good one. Maybe you should encourage UPS management to promote this with a program called JesuschoosesUPS.com. Fedex will counter that Jesus is giving UPS a "bailout" and will run ads that complain that the God has given Brown an illegal competitive advantage.

P

pickup

Excuse me, but have you ever seen "The 700 Club" or any of the numerous other Christian shows that mock Catholics, Jews, Muslims (among others)? The pious Pat Robertson and others (insert televangelist piece of crap here) makes me want to throw-up, yet he has the gall to call himself a follower of Jesus. His is a brand of "Christianity" I can do without.

Here's what I really wanted to say all along, which is that Jesus probably wouldn't want very much to do with most "Christians". As Gandhi famously said, "I like your Christ, but I don't much like your Christians", when asked about US religious practices.

I have to agree wholeheartedly with your last line, which supports my idea that religion often gives Jesus, or Allah, or Buddha (insert god here) a bad name. Nobody appreciates having any religious priciple forced upon them. whether it's at your front door (Jehovah's Witness, Mormons), at the water cooler, or on the belt at work. People make (insert deity here) look bad through their interpretations of what (insert deity here) originally intended.

You know how to piss off many a born again christian, convert under his guidance but tell him that you will be going to a different church than the one he goes to to another . He'll be pissed off because he won't be able to parade you around in front of his congregation. In his eyes, you might as well not have been "saved". Just my opinion

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Good one. Maybe you should encourage UPS management to promote this with a program called JesuschoosesUPS.com. Fedex will counter that Jesus is giving UPS a "bailout" and will run ads that complain that the God has given Brown an illegal competitive advantage.

Well I'm not so sure how that would work out. If all Fedex is Muslim, not that there's anything wrong with that, and they don't believe in Jesus it would hard to make a convincing argument about something they believe is fictional. I don't think they believe in the Teamsters either. Funny.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You know how to piss off many a born again christian, convert under his guidance but tell him that you will be going to a different church than the one he goes to to another . He'll be pissed off because he won't be able to parade you around in front of his congregation. In his eyes, you might as well not have been "saved". Just my opinion

Yep. I agree with you 100%, and I don't think Jesus would be pleased.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dear Mr. Know it All,

I am here awaiting your all-knowing all-seeing response to my views on Christian hypocrisy. Please attack at will, so I can send you back to your thesaurus. May Buddha bless you!!

Buddha Saves

NAVELS 1:56

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I don't think that's how it works, though it does make for a funny post.

Yep. I agree with you 100%, and I don't think Jesus would be pleased.
I just figured out what your deal is with Christians; You're prejudiced! You have lumped all Christians into the same boat and are lambasting them for what they believe. It's the equivalent of saying that all FedEx couriers are idiot's, or they are sloppy dresser's.

The idea that everyone in a particular group looks, acts and feels exactly the same way is way off base Mr. FedEx. Please think about the implications of what you are saying the next time you want to bust on someone that's wearing a Cross, a Star of David or a Kufi.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't think that's how it works, though it does make for a funny post.

I just figured out what your deal is with Christians; You're prejudiced! You have lumped all Christians into the same boat and are lambasting them for what they believe. It's the equivalent of saying that all FedEx couriers are idiot's, or they are sloppy dresser's.

The idea that everyone in a particular group looks, acts and feels exactly the same way is way off base Mr. FedEx. Please think about the implications of what you are saying the next time you want to bust on someone that's wearing a Cross, a Star of David or a Kufi.

Wrong. I'm don't like born-again Christians who try and shove it down your throat at every opportunity. I wouldn't like anyone from any religion who does it. "Blessing" you is a nice gesture, but if I want anyone's blessing, I'll ask for it, thank you very much. As someone else said, believe whatever fairy tale you choose. I happen to think Jesus is just as credible as any of the rest of them and that his teachings have a lot of value. It's too bad that the Dobsons, Swaggarts and Robertsons of the world twist what He said to suit their own agendas.

It's interesting that many are attacking Muslims right now because of the Jihadist crazy psychiatrist at Ft. Hood, and I agree with you that an entire group shouldn't be targeted. He's an individual, and you can't make the assumption all Muslims want to kill "infidels". Some do, most don't.

Consider Eric Rudolph, or the recent killing of Dr. Tiller, the abortionist. Both of these killer kooks were "Christians" yet I don't see anyone extrapolating a hypothesis that all Christians go around killing people who differ in their beliefs. Why is it OK to do it with Muslims, and not with Christians? A lot of right-wing Christians actually support violence and killing, which I'm guessing Jesus would abhor. That doesn't mean that I include the rest of Christianity in with these nuts.

Like I said, I've yet to have a Muslim with a white shirt and tie and magic underwear ride-up on his 10 speed and try to convert me while I try and work in my yard. That's a plus in my book.

And Satellite Driver, since you did your best to try and ream me, where is your incredibly important input on this topic? You're always welcome over on the FedEx side, where nobody (yet) has a fit whenever someone from "that other company" has an opinion. As a moderator, one would think you would encourage discussions and debate rather than trying to kill them off because someone has invaded your precious Brown turf. Get over it. The thread was moved and an interesting discussion has ensued. Isn't that what it's all about?

May Vishnu Bless you.

Sacred Cows 1:89

upsgrunt

MFE
I can see your point about having someone cram their religion down your throat. I believe they should go about sharing the good news of God's love, grace, and mercy in a more tactful, less intrusive manner.
You must also realize that what they are trying to share with you is so wonderful that they want at least a chance for everyone to experience it.

You want concrete evidence; God wants you to have faith. Faith that what he says and promises is true and the reward for that faith and belief is eternal life in heaven so perfect and wonderful that it cannot be fathomed.

The time you have on earth is really very short, even if you live a long, long life. It's the time after death where you will spend eternity, and that will be in paradise or hell. The choice is up to you. I know I will not take that risk. Besides God has been there for me in good times and bad. I can go to him with anything and also celebrate with him when his blessings come my way. Being a Christian does not mean that you will not make mistakes or sin. It's confessing them and repenting for them that lets God forgive. He sacrificed his only son on a cross to pay for all our sins, past, present, and future, so that we may live eternally with him in heaven. THAT is love that no man can comprehend.

One more thing:
When someone says God Bless, they are offering a gift. A gift is not a gift unless it is accepted. By not accepting that gift, you are denying the giver the joy of giving it. Ever think that God is showing his love for you by shining through the person who offers the blessing?

I'm not trying to force my beliefs on you; just trying to show the wonderful gift that God has offered to all.

If you are a reader, may I suggest "90 minutes in Heaven" about a man who was clinically dead for an hour and a half and describes a journey to Heaven and back. Back to life on earth because God had unfinished plans for him to fulfill.

Please do not be offended when I close with
God Bless!
signed
Sinner, but child of God
Steve

klein

Für Meno :)
He sacrificed his only son on a cross to pay for all our sins, past, present, and future, so that we may live eternally with him in heaven. THAT is love that no man can comprehend.

Good post UPSgrunt.
Seriously , really good.
Had me thinking.
And, I do respect everything you wrote, in total.

But, to be honest.
I feel the need to keep myself open to all religions.
I can't shut out the worlds largest Religion (buddahsisum), or any other for that matter.
And, I still can't get over the horrifying events that took place in our days, in Northern Ireland. With 2 groups , both believing in Jesus, but yet, killing eachother.
I think that marked me for life.

Therfor, I do keep myself open, and hope, just being kind, friendly, lawabiding, and treat all others with the respect and dignity, I would want for myself, is good enough to make it into a better outcome after my death.

However, if I do pray, I do direct it towards Jesus.
Since, he is the one I know best.
(being in the western world born and raised).

And God Bless you, too , Steve !

Last edited:

upsgrunt

I can respect that.
Free will is also a gift given to all.
Who am I to judge anyone else?
That job belongs in the hands of one.
Blessings and Peace,
Steve

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
MFE
I can see your point about having someone cram their religion down your throat. I believe they should go about sharing the good news of God's love, grace, and mercy in a more tactful, less intrusive manner.
You must also realize that what they are trying to share with you is so wonderful that they want at least a chance for everyone to experience it.

You want concrete evidence; God wants you to have faith. Faith that what he says and promises is true and the reward for that faith and belief is eternal life in heaven so perfect and wonderful that it cannot be fathomed.

The time you have on earth is really very short, even if you live a long, long life. It's the time after death where you will spend eternity, and that will be in paradise or hell. The choice is up to you. I know I will not take that risk. Besides God has been there for me in good times and bad. I can go to him with anything and also celebrate with him when his blessings come my way. Being a Christian does not mean that you will not make mistakes or sin. It's confessing them and repenting for them that lets God forgive. He sacrificed his only son on a cross to pay for all our sins, past, present, and future, so that we may live eternally with him in heaven. THAT is love that no man can comprehend.

One more thing:
When someone says God Bless, they are offering a gift. A gift is not a gift unless it is accepted. By not accepting that gift, you are denying the giver the joy of giving it. Ever think that God is showing his love for you by shining through the person who offers the blessing?

I'm not trying to force my beliefs on you; just trying to show the wonderful gift that God has offered to all.

If you are a reader, may I suggest "90 minutes in Heaven" about a man who was clinically dead for an hour and a half and describes a journey to Heaven and back. Back to life on earth because God had unfinished plans for him to fulfill.

Please do not be offended when I close with
God Bless!
signed
Sinner, but child of God
Steve

I can respect that.
Free will is also a gift given to all.
Who am I to judge anyone else?
That job belongs in the hands of one.
Blessings and Peace,
Steve
+1