Multiple consecutive grievances...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because in the past, when i kept on em about certain things. They realized I was actually aware and informed. And things changed. But now, there are 2 stewards and a BA that are in bed with management. Its sad. But i do actually believe Im getting the message across. If after I speak to the center manager, simce ive spoke to every other supe, i wont hesitate to call the 1-800 #. I dont think corporate favors the time card editing that goes on at all.

You are going to try to call the 1-800# to file a complaint against your mgt team? Good luck with that----they won't take your complaint. I tried to call in a complaint against our OMS for repeatedly giving out my personal cell phone number without my permission to customers. They wouldn't take my complaint. There is a separate 1-800# for your concerns.

Side deals? I take the time while on road to train my helper so that he can be a teammate rather than a go-fer and you call that a side deal? My route is a mixture of commercial and residential and my helper is trained to the point where he can do everything except for multiple left-ats. I have several medical offices on my route and I send him in to one building while I do the other. He knows how to put room numbers in, sheet and complete the stops all on his own. If I finish my side before he does I will find him and help him with what he has left. He hustles but also works very safely.

407 is a joke----the sooner you realize this the better off you will be.
I'm a joke because I drop the hammer on guys like you that make side deals. I'll take that complement any day of the week. A steward can't always be your friend and I'm ok with that. God bless

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm a joke because I drop the hammer on guys like you that make side deals. I'll take that complement any day of the week. A steward can't always be your friend and I'm ok with that. God bless

The ironic part is that the route in question is our steward's bid run.

I enjoyed going back on that route for a day. Got to see some old customers and it was a nice change from my city run.

You are a joke for many, many reasons.

You are going to try to call the 1-800# to file a complaint against your mgt team? Good luck with that----they won't take your complaint. I tried to call in a complaint against our OMS for repeatedly giving out my personal cell phone number without my permission to customers. They wouldn't take my complaint. There is a separate 1-800# for your concerns.
The honestly hot line works quite well for integrity issues. As far as giving out your personal phone number that's not right but I don't think they will care about this at corporate.

oldngray

nowhere special
Most stewards routes are set up to be easy. A combination of either them standing up to UPS or they are company yes men who get special favors. I have seen it go both ways but either way means every steward route I saw was easy.

FilingBluesFL

I'm not sure what the problem here is, or why you have a concern about this.

After all, this is what you stated in another thread... So who cares if someone calls you?

If it saves you aaallllll those messages, with just one phone call, problem solved, right?

You're more than happy to use your phone to conduct all other UPS business, so why not this?

Seriously? Wouldn't you rather set up the meet yourself? The OMS has no idea where you will be or when you will need the helper. Take the minute to call the helper and have them where you want them to be at the time that you want them there.
Let's say you let the OMS set up the meet----you are talking at least 2 ODS messages and 2 phone calls. Do it yourself with one phone call.

Ouch

I ran into them all the time 407. As long as you tell them they are right they are your buddy. You let them loseca grievance then your the debil. Lol

The ironic part is that the route in question is our steward's bid run.

I enjoyed going back on that route for a day. Got to see some old customers and it was a nice change from my city run.

You are a joke for many, many reasons.
I'm back to praying for your soul again Dave. I hope you find happiness at some point in your life. Maybe you should try personally talking to Jesus. This helps me when I'm low down. God bless

Ps I don't hate you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not sure what the problem here is, or why you have a concern about this.

After all, this is what you stated in another thread... So who cares if someone calls you?

If it saves you aaallllll those messages, with just one phone call, problem solved, right?

You're more than happy to use your phone to conduct all other UPS business, so why not this?

It is one thing if I give out the number myself or give the OMS permission to give it out. I do have an issue when a customer calls me out of the blue trying to set up a meet to get their package. I do not meet customers on road as invariably it is a waste of time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most stewards routes are set up to be easy. A combination of either them standing up to UPS or they are company yes men who get special favors. I have seen it go both ways but either way means every steward route I saw was easy.

This particular steward has taken a route that would go out with 80-100 stops and whittled it down to 70-80. There was a cover driver learning this route and we went through the car together just before start time to make sure he knew where he was going and I couldn't believe how little there was on the car.

FilingBluesFL

It is one thing if I give out the number myself or give the OMS permission to give it out. I do have an issue when a customer calls me out of the blue trying to set up a meet to get their package. I do not meet customers on road as invariably it is a waste of time.

UpstateNYUPSer said:
Let's say you let the OMS set up the meet----you are talking at least 2 ODS messages and 2 phone calls. Do it yourself with one phone call.

Nimnim

The Nim
I'm back to praying for your soul again Dave. I hope you find happiness at some point in your life. Maybe you should try personally talking to Jesus. This helps me when I'm low down. God bless

Ps I don't hate you.

If I didn't know you were in Ohio and a steward, I could possibly confuse you with a driver I'm working with who says things like that while he's in the hub on his 3rd dui.

Nimnim

The Nim

I agree, there's one thing giving your number out to help facilitate things, it's another matter when someone else gives your number out without your knowledge so they don't have to do their job.

I almost never pick up my phone if I don't know the number so if someone from work gave my number out it'd probably end up with me picking up the phone and acting like I wasn't who I was since I didn't give permission for my number to be given.