Muslim Place Of Worship In An Airport?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I remember airports having 'non-denominational' chapels in them. I remember hearing announcements of the times of services....Mass, Protestant Service, etc. Is that an old age thing and are they all gone now?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, and if these cab drivers need to face Mecca....why don't they just go there. They can wash their feet in the sinks if they must.....I sure hope we don't start catering to all this crap!!

Overpaid Union Thug

Things like this are examples of how we are appeasing the Muslims now. Sometimes in the near future they will start to slowly take over. That's what usually happens when one group goes out of their way to appease another. The group being appeased sooner or later realizes how weak the other group is and decides to take advantage of them. We can all thank the Democrats for this. Mainly the far left Liberals. Where is the ACLU on this? That airport installed "SEVERAL" foot washing basins! Meaning...more than one. If that airport had installed even one (1) small Christian object the ACLU would be handing them a subpoena before the paint on the Crucifix dries.

trickpony1

While we are at it.....why don't we give all the Muslims AK-47's since all Americans have the right to bear arms?
I agree with Moreluck.......foot basins has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
If they truly want to experience the zen of facing Mecca then they can just hop their a## over there and pray.

trickpony1

I'd like to see what would happen if any other religion had pushed for something like this.

WorldNetDaily: Airport adds foot basins for Muslim cabbies
After reading the article, one might wonder how, considering the time sensitve nature of being a cab driver, does one have time for this?
I think there is a PT supe in the hub that professes to be Muslim but I've never seen him perform the ritualistic sequence nor have I seen the assoiciated equipment.
What do Muslim package car drivers do?

There could be psychological and genetic overtures to this type of behavior but such conjecture might offend some (and we sure wouldn't want to do that).

govols019

You smell that?
Not saying this story isn't true but is there a link to a reputable news website that is reporting this?

Seems to me that if you put a foot basin in a public restroom that you're just begging people to pee in them. Lord knows I probably would. I wouldn't know what it was.

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
I'd like to see what would happen if any other religion had pushed for something like this.

WorldNetDaily: Airport adds foot basins for Muslim cabbies
If any other religion had a blatant fabrication like this published? Yeah, I'd like to see what happens, too.

...It is misinformation.

Thanks!

Joe McBride
Group Manager - Marketing & Communications
Kansas City Aviation Department
601 Brasilia Avenue
KCMO 64153
816-243-3164
816-989-0725 Pager

SeniorGeek

Below the Line
Man, the truth will screw up a good outrage every time, won't it?
I doubt it. This story has been repeated in a zillion (estimated) places, and the truth will not reach many of those. The denizens of many blogs do not care to hear any truth that is contrary to what they want to believe.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yup, sure does: Minnesota Monitor

Oh I see. Install the damn things under the guise of "safety" and everything is just fine. Your example is not the truth. It is "avoiding the truth". I was taught that avoiding the truth was the same thing as lying. So, there ya go. And safety being the reason (yeah right!) or not the fact that they are being installed is rediculous because anyone with a functioning brain knows that if it were something for any other religion this would have been attached by the ACLU and the left with the furosity of Lyons going in for the kill.

Last edited:

govols019

You smell that?
My example is not the truth to you because that's not what you want to believe. I believe that the truth is a combination of the two reasons.

Why are you so mad at the world? I'm beginning to think you might need help. I need a score card to keep up with the people that you're upset with. The International Teamsters, your local Union, your shop steward, the ACLU, liberals, democrats, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, your supervisors, Muslims, "spoiled" UPS drivers, Yellow Freight drivers, full-time drivers that don't give you enough respect....etc.

Life's a garden...Dig it!!

Overpaid Union Thug

"My example is not the truth to you because that's not what you want to believe. I believe that the truth is a combination of the two reasons."

You my god you are so clueless. Do you actually believe they are doing this for "safety reasons." Could you be that naive? They are doing it to avoid being attacked by the ACLU and company. Even you can't deny that if it were something for another religion then they'd be in court before they even finished installing it.

"Why are you so mad at the world? I'm beginning to think you might need help. I need a score card to keep up with the people that you're upset with. The International Teamsters, your local Union, your shop steward, the ACLU, liberals, democrats, Al Gore, Bill Clinton, your supervisors, Muslims, "spoiled" UPS drivers, Yellow Freight drivers, full-time drivers that don't give you enough respect....etc."

I don't just think you need help. If you really believe those foot-basins were installed for safety reasons then you definately need help. The only thing the airport or college should have done was to have told the Cabbies to go to their church, Mosk...whatever. Anyone that is washing their feet in a public restroom should be arrested. Not catered to! Who I'm mad at is my perogative so don't worry about it. I don't care to hide it. Liberalism makes me mad sometimes. The Liberal way of thinking is so warped.

Last edited: