My badge was taken, Am I Fired

Will I get my job back for forgetting to clock out and running to the store?

• Yes

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

Godbody

I was working on my 4th hour and decided to leave and go down the street and grab my lunch and was gone for only 8-10mins and wen I returned my supervisor said that I left without clocking out so they have to take my badge (I guess that means I’m fired) so I had to fill out this union paper explaining the matter and that I would like to be reinstated as a result of this.. I’ve been there for about 2 months and got promoted to full time within 3 weeks. No one explained to me the rules and that I couldn’t do such a thing or I wouldn’t of never went.. I dnt feel it’s fair that I can get fired for something this petty without warning.. Now I have to wait til the union people to decide (whoever they are) Will I get my job back?

I have so many questions...
p4jbVZsSTgSe3xeQLw.gif

Godbody

U didn't know u couldn't leave company property without clocking out?were u on break?have u made 30 working days?
Yes I’ve been there for 2 months and it slipped my mind to clock out. But it was my first time and I’ve never had a warning or anything for anything else

Godbody

Stealing company time is a tricky one. Depends on how much they like you.
I understand if they see it tht way, the union guy who wrote me up told me (next time) jus clock out, so I’m hoping I get another chance being tho I’m a hard working person. All my other jobs we could take a 15 min break and since it’s super hot with no ac I was told I could go in the break room and cool off for a while so for me to run to the store across the street and came bac and don’t get a written or verbal warning is a bit serious.. but I take responsibility for my actions if all fails I guess

Godbody

You’re outta here. Let @BestSupEver know if you need a reference for your resume.
So you really think I’m done? I work hard, come in on my days off wen they need help and all and no one never told me I couldn’t leave, but it seems like the issue is I didn’t clock out.. so what’s the point in being in a union if your get ur badge took so fast and easily?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So you really think I’m done? I work hard, come in on my days off wen they need help and all and no one never told me I couldn’t leave, but it seems like the issue is I didn’t clock out.. so what’s the point in being in a union if your get ur badge took so fast and easily?
Ya get's yer job back ... hopefully ...
Good luck!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Thanks because I need it I really want this job..

I leave the property everyday without clocking out, usually for at least ten hours.:funny:

They can adjust your timecard to reflect any break time you failed to account for. They should have just done that and given you a verbal warning not to do it again. My guess is you will get your job back, and they were just trying to scare you, then have your gratitude when they mercifully decide to give you a second chance.

Also, if a guy was writing you up, he wasn't "the union guy". Show up to work tomorrow unless you were specifically told not to. If they turn you away, head straight to your local union hall when they open and talk to your BA.

Godbody

He was a union witness or something, been working there for 30yrs, he said he will turn the paperwork into the union and it’ll take a few days and then he’ll call me with their decision.. this my first time dealing with a union and your right it was tht simple if it was about time.. I’ll call my boss tomorrow and see what he says.. thanks for the feedback

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
He was a union witness or something, been working there for 30yrs, he said he will turn the paperwork into the union and it’ll take a few days and then he’ll call me with their decision.. this my first time dealing with a union and your right it was tht simple if it was about time.. I’ll call my boss tomorrow and see what he says.. thanks for the feedback

Ok, so that was probably a steward who was filling out a grievance form? If it were me, I would have had a chat with the sup to try to reason with him and get you right back to work. They were probably just trying to make an example out of you. Go ahead and call your sup, but it would still be a good idea to check in with your BA as well. You are new enough, you may not know if the steward is trustworthy.