My Driver Won't Back Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over 70

Who has a 500 foot driveway that doesn't at least have enough room for a 3 point turn? I mean if the grass is that nice....

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
If I were leaving laptops at the end of a 500' driveway I doubt a backing report would bother me much. That's pretty dumb!

Ms.PacMan

We don't even know if the driver could tell it was a laptop - some companies care enough to throw another box and packing material around them or the left at location is completely out of sight.

This is exactly why the cost of shipping is only getting more and more expensive - fussy customers who live in the deep woods expecting someone to walk a city block to their poorly designed house.

Corporations are already leaving China for even poorer countries to exploit them and keep costs down.

I can't wait until I never have to deal with or lay eyes on someone like this customer again in my life.

Indecisi0n

Tell the driver to back really really fast for 15 ft then shift into neutral turn off the car and coast to your house.

AlliSeeisBrown

*Has decent relationship with service provider for about a decade*
Emails random person because packages aren't close enough to the door.

Nice.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
This right here is your answer OP. Fill in doesn't care about tearing up your grass or being unsafe. He or she just wants to get done ASAP, so they can be dispatched to come help drivers like myself and your regular driver.

Carpboy, to many drivers back all the way up the driveway and either hit the house or hit the car/truck parked in the drive way and yes this happens alot...now you know why we do not want any one backing down your long drive way. Our driver has 4 mirrors and a camera to use while backing and still manages to hit something. He will not be that cool driver you know once he hits something, no its not an accident..it's a crash. We have to be harsh about it because it is only a matter of time before its not an object.

Carpboy, to many drivers back all the way up the driveway and either hit the house or hit the car/truck parked in the drive way and yes this happens alot...now you know why we do not want any one backing down your long drive way. Our driver has 4 mirrors and a camera to use while backing and still manages to hit something. He will not be that cool driver you know once he hits something, no its not an accident..it's a crash. We have to be harsh about it because it is only a matter of time before its not an object.
It's too* many

Hope that helps.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We don't even know if the driver could tell it was a laptop - some companies care enough to throw another box and packing material around them or the left at location is completely out of sight.

This is exactly why the cost of shipping is only getting more and more expensive - fussy customers who live in the deep woods expecting someone to walk a city block to their poorly designed house.

Corporations are already leaving China for even poorer countries to exploit them and keep costs down.

I can't wait until I never have to deal with or lay eyes on someone like this customer again in my life.

You sound stressed I can help with that

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Regular guy was totally cool - I asked him to not turn in the grass and he honored my wishes. But now I have stuff, valuable stuff, sitting in a bag by the road.

So is this UPS official policy? I would not be surprised if it were, to be honest.

Thanks.
Another acceptable solution if $18 a ton for gravel is too much. Is to put a lockbox at the end of your drive.

35years

Gravy route
If he has a 500 ft driveway without a proper turn around, and is picky about his grass, and complains about ruts, then he is a pain in the rear.

Driver is doing him a favor by leaving it, especially a laptop. The driver is taking a chance that he might have to pay if it is stolen. The customer will find himself picking up all of his packages at UPS if he pushes it any farther. And he insinuates the driver is doing wrong by him....Wow, just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.