My Favorite Christmas Gift....

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got a late Christmas gift from a customer today, it made my day. This was even better than getting Employee of the Month this morning. I made a delivery and as I was heading back to the truck, the woman opened her door and asked me if I could wait a minute. She came back with her three year old son, Tyler. He handed me this candy jar and said "Happy Holidays Big Brown Truck Man"! His mom said that he loves the "big brown truck" because I bring them presents all the time. I got a kick out of this, this is what its all about.:wink2:
IMG_2291.jpg
IMG_2290A.jpg

browndevil

I got a late Christmas gift from a customer today, it made my day. This was even better than getting Employee of the Month this morning. I made a delivery and as I was heading back to the truck, the woman opened her door and asked me if I could wait a minute. She came back with her three year old son, Tyler. He handed me this candy jar and said "Happy Holidays Big Brown Truck Man"! His mom said that he loves the "big brown truck" because I bring them presents all the time. I got a kick out of this, this is what its all about.:wink2:
Ah from the mouths of babes. Just think Scratch we now have a customer for life and a future one. Tyler will have positive memories of UPS because of you:happy2:

JustTired

free at last.......
It's those kind of things that really make your day. While I appreciated the gift cards and certificates, the homemade cookies and candy were really the gifts I remember.

I had a customer I delivered to frequently and every Christmas they would give me the same thing. The first year they handed me a fair-sized wrapped pkg. When I got home and unwrapped it, it was a Cheerios box. Inside was Chex mix with a substantial amount of cashews. I and my younger son ate the heck out of them. They didn't last too long. Every year after that, they gave me the same thing and we both looked forward to it.

When I bid off that area, it was probably the most missed thing. My son sure was upset. They were a very nice family and I missed them just about as much as anybody on that area. I never asked my replacment if he received that from them at Christmas....but if he did, I hope he appreciated it as much as I did.

tarbar66

It's those kind of things that really make your day. While I appreciated the gift cards and certificates, the homemade cookies and candy were really the gifts I remember.

I had a customer I delivered to frequently and every Christmas they would give me the same thing. The first year they handed me a fair-sized wrapped pkg. When I got home and unwrapped it, it was a Cheerios box. Inside was Chex mix with a substantial amount of cashews. I and my younger son ate the heck out of them. They didn't last too long. Every year after that, they gave me the same thing and we both looked forward to it.

When I bid off that area, it was probably the most missed thing. My son sure was upset. They were a very nice family and I missed them just about as much as anybody on that area. I never asked my replacment if he received that from them at Christmas....but if he did, I hope he appreciated it as much as I did.

Nice story! Years ago before area bids I covered a route for a driver that was out on disability. The month before Christmas different people asked if the "Old Grump" would be back before Christmas. I told them I didn't think so and I asked them why. Well they said they wanted to give him his usual present. I told them I would see that he would get them.

The week before Christmas I must have been given 20 presents and cards for the Old Grump. I later found out that he was the one that started Old Grump because he never smiled in the building and he did not want his image spoiled. When I met him with his presents he had a good laugh about being known as Old Grump!

UPSviking

That´s so cool, you are right that just makes your day.

I got a homemade pouch full of candy at a small medical company and there was a card attached to it that read: to the sweet UPS driver, it was signed by all the employees in the company, about 30 people.

That also made my month.....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That is great Scratch. It's the little things in life that make a difference. A thank you from a friend, a candy bar from a child, a smile and a hug. :happy2: