My Favorite Stress Reliever

Rack em

Made the Podium
Everybody gets stressed out occasionally, especially people that work for UPS. For some people stress is easy to deal with and it doesn't really affect them at all. But for others it can really take it's toll... I have had drivers 5 years ahead of me freaking out begging for my help over something as simple as a job delivering cardboard and I can't seem to understand how they can get so worked up over a job, let alone a job where we are protected by a union.

Well I am going to give you (my) most powerful stress reliever based on my own experience. I will say I have always been a space nerd and have always been fascinated by the universe. If I would have applied myself better in school I would have loved to be anyway involved in astronomy, but I cared very little for school and chose the path of hard work to pay the bills. So I will just lay out a few small facts that have had a big impact on how I view the world...

So we live on Earth which to us may seem big, 8,000 miles in width. But the Earth is just one of 8 (used to be 9, sorry Pluto. But they hypothesize about another 9th planet again) revolving around a star, our sun. The sun is your average red star, but it is still massive compared to the size of the Earth. You can fit 1.3 million Earths inside of the sun... To me that is amazing to think about!

Lets take it a step further. Our solar system is part of the Milky Way galaxy, and our sun is one of the estimated 100 to 400 BILLION stars just within our own galaxy!!! It is estimated that there are more stars in our galaxy than there are grains of sand on the entire Earth! That is as unimaginable amount of stars which could host Trillions of habitable planets.

Wanna go a bit deeper....Well the Milky Way is just one of 100-500 BILLION galaxies in the observable universe. I can't even come up with an estimate of how many stars and planets that is, but it's too many for the human mind to comprehend. There are probably BILLIONS of more galaxies out there but our telescopes just can't see that far.

On top of that, there are unproved theories that we might just be one of possibly infinite universes! That means it is mathematically improbable for ANYTHING to be impossible in the universe. In one universe you could win the powerball lottery one million trillion times IN A ROW. There could be a universe where everyone was born 100% identical. ETC.... The possibilities are literally endless!

Finally my point... Why let something so stupid and so insignificant as a job, supervisor, commit time, etc, make you stress out so much? You are a sextillienth of a quintillienth of a grain of sand on the grand scheme of things. Our problems are virtually non-existent. Just remember you get a finite amount of time on this insignificant rock we call Earth before you die. Make the most of it and try your best not to let the little things bother you. Enjoy as much of your limited time as possible!

Anytime I'm really stressed out, sad, or just in a bad mood... I just remember I'm on a rock 8,000 miles wide, traveling 67,000mph, around a giant ball of fire thats 9,000 degress friend, in a galaxy that has more stars in it than grains of sand on the entire Earth, which is only one of potentially TRILLIONS of galaxies in the universe, which could be one of infinite universes... It's a humbling thought to have and it really puts things into perspective for me and I hope it can do the same for some of you.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Everybody gets stressed out occasionally, especially people that work for UPS. For some people stress is easy to deal with and it doesn't really affect them at all. But for others it can really take it's toll... I have had drivers 5 years ahead of me freaking out begging for my help over something as simple as a job delivering cardboard and I can't seem to understand how they can get so worked up over a job, let alone a job where we are protected by a union.

Well I am going to give you (my) most powerful stress reliever based on my own experience. I will say I have always been a space nerd and have always been fascinated by the universe. If I would have applied myself better in school I would have loved to be anyway involved in astronomy, but I cared very little for school and chose the path of hard work to pay the bills. So I will just lay out a few small facts that have had a big impact on how I view the world...

So we live on Earth which to us may seem big, 8,000 miles in width. But the Earth is just one of 8 (used to be 9, sorry Pluto. But they hypothesize about another 9th planet again) revolving around a star, our sun. The sun is your average red star, but it is still massive compared to the size of the Earth. You can fit 1.3 million Earths inside of the sun... To me that is amazing to think about!

Lets take it a step further. Our solar system is part of the Milky Way galaxy, and our sun is one of the estimated 100 to 400 BILLION stars just within our own galaxy!!! It is estimated that there are more stars in our galaxy than there are grains of sand on the entire Earth! That is as unimaginable amount of stars which could host Trillions of habitable planets.

Wanna go a bit deeper....Well the Milky Way is just one of 100-500 BILLION galaxies in the observable universe. I can't even come up with an estimate of how many stars and planets that is, but it's too many for the human mind to comprehend. There are probably BILLIONS of more galaxies out there but our telescopes just can't see that far.

On top of that, there are unproved theories that we might just be one of possibly infinite universes! That means it is mathematically improbable for ANYTHING to be impossible in the universe. In one universe you could win the powerball lottery one million trillion times IN A ROW. There could be a universe where everyone was born 100% identical. ETC.... The possibilities are literally endless!

Finally my point... Why let something so stupid and so insignificant as a job, supervisor, commit time, etc, make you stress out so much? You are a sextillienth of a quintillienth of a grain of sand on the grand scheme of things. Our problems are virtually non-existent. Just remember you get a finite amount of time on this insignificant rock we call Earth before you die. Make the most of it and try your best not to let the little things bother you. Enjoy as much of your limited time as possible!

Anytime I'm really stressed out, sad, or just in a bad mood... I just remember I'm on a rock 8,000 miles wide, traveling 67,000mph, around a giant ball of fire thats 9,000 degress friend, in a galaxy that has more stars in it than grains of sand on the entire Earth, which is only one of potentially TRILLIONS of galaxies in the universe, which could be one of infinite universes... It's a humbling thought to have and it really puts things into perspective for me and I hope it can do the same for some of you.

I believe there are more stars in the entire universe than grains of sand on earth. You said more stars in our galaxy alone than grains of sand. Our Milky Way galaxy has 250 billion (give or take) stars in it. There's definitely more than 250 billion grains of sand on earth. Also the surface of the sun is 10,000F, but the inner core is an amazing 25 million degrees! Now that's hot.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Nothing too deep for my favorite things for relaxation.
Cleaning & detailing the cars on the weekend. Watching baseball from my recliner, maybe catching a nap.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
IMG_0102.JPG

Pooter

The earth is 8k miles in width and yet, this fckng stop is in a construction zone. :angry: :D

Mainly, I just tell myself; I have 1 life and most of my problems go to the back burner

WorknLateHuh

It is impossible to find a stationary fixed point in space. Our solar system moves within our galaxy, and our galaxy moves within the vastness of space. Everything is in motion. ive always found this fascinating

dont get me started on singularities

J

jibbs

dont get me started on singularities

...I kinda wanna get you started on 'em, though. What'cha think's on the other side?

I like the White Hole Theory, but for some reason (Stargate SG-1) I associate black holes with time travel and that'd be pretty dope. Or a gateway to another reality/multiverse? Or just even the whole idea of spaghettification?

....I watch way too much sci-fi....