My Favorite Stress Reliever

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
...I kinda wanna get you started on 'em, though. What'cha think's on the other side?

I like the White Hole Theory, but for some reason (Stargate SG-1) I associate black holes with time travel and that'd be pretty dope. Or a gateway to another reality/multiverse? Or just even the whole idea of spaghettification?

....I watch way too much sci-fi....
I just finished watching "Event Horizon". No black holes for me.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
red-dwarf-white-hole-0005.jpg

WorknLateHuh

...I kinda wanna get you started on 'em, though. What'cha think's on the other side?

maybe the Chelmsford hub?

but seriously, i think it is beyond our understanding what is taking place in there with tidal forces that are beyond measure. Time and space are unraveled in ways we cannot comprehend even if someone stood there and explained it to us in plain english, we still wouldnt be able to wrap our heads around it.

this :censored2: fascinates me

J

jibbs

Can't tell if this is for laughs or not but it's a really interesting concept. Singularities/black holes suck in all matter, but no one's sure where it goes and/or what happens to it. The White Hole Theory proposes that the other side is a projection of the constituent atoms of every sucked into a black wholeinto an alternate universe, creating the theoretical possibility of a multiverse or wormholes (and a possible lead into an explanation of what set off the Big Bang in the first place.)

No white holes have ever been observed-- and I think only one black hole has ever been photographed, and it was recently--, though, it's simply a theory. Like I said, nobody knows and anyone that MAY'VE gone through one never sent a message back or anything.

maybe the Chelmsford hub?

but seriously, i think it is beyond our understanding what is taking place in there with tidal forces that are beyond measure. Time and space are unraveled in ways we cannot comprehend even if someone stood there and explained it to us in plain english, we still wouldnt be able to wrap our heads around it.

this :censored2: fascinates me

Lol, I don't think it's beyond our understanding; I just think we don't currently have the means to properly examine. Splitting hairs, I guess, but I don't think this stuff'll be a mystery forever, is what I mean.

Everyone thinks differently. When it comes to theoretical shlt, I'm open to pretty much anything that sounds plausible.

It fascinates me too, dude, that's kind of why I wanted to get you more into it while you were on the subject. You don't meet too many people that think beyond the present moment/environment, and it's cool to get another person's take who's obviously spent time thinking about it.

If I wasn't such a :censored2: I probably would've attempted studying astrophysics instead of going the easy way for a criminal justice Associate's to join the Marine Corps at a higher rank, only to catch charges that the recruiter DQ'd me for about three days away from going off to MEPS. I screwed myself over out of about 5 years of school on and off to work in between in order to afford it, and now I've just been walking down a different path ever since-- just sucks that I had to start all over again, but I did it to myself and it is what it is. Live and learn.

No worries, though, you don't have to get into if you don't want. I was just legitimately curious because you don't hear people bring that kind of stuff up everyday, ya know?

[EDIT: just saw this:

I just finished watching "Event Horizon". No black holes for me.

Haha, I don't think I've seen that one. That's an older movie with a more modern remake too, right?

Might have to check it out if it's all sci-fi and spacey and stuff.]

Last edited by a moderator:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Can't tell if this is for laughs or not but it's a really interesting concept. Singularities/black holes suck in all matter, but no one's sure where it goes and/or what happens to it. The White Hole Theory proposes that the other side is a projection of the constituent atoms of every sucked into a black wholeinto an alternate universe, creating the theoretical possibility of a multiverse or wormholes (and a possible lead into an explanation of what set off the Big Bang in the first place.)

No white holes have ever been observed-- and I think only one black hole has ever been photographed, and it was recently--, though, it's simply a theory. Like I said, nobody knows and anyone that MAY'VE gone through one never sent a message back or anything.

Lol, I don't think it's beyond our understanding; I just think we don't currently have the means to properly examine. Splitting hairs, I guess, but I don't think this stuff'll be a mystery forever, is what I mean.

Everyone thinks differently. When it comes to theoretical shlt, I'm open to pretty much anything that sounds plausible.

It fascinates me too, dude, that's kind of why I wanted to get you more into it while you were on the subject. You don't meet too many people that think beyond the present moment/environment, and it's cool to get another person's take who's obviously spent time thinking about it.

If I wasn't such a :censored2: I probably would've attempted studying astrophysics instead of going the easy way for a criminal justice Associate's to join the Marine Corps at a higher rank, only to catch charges that the recruiter DQ'd me for about three days away from going off to MEPS. I screwed myself over out of about 5 years of school on and off to work in between in order to afford it, and now I've just been walking down a different path ever since-- just sucks that I had to start all over again, but I did it to myself and it is what it is. Live and learn.

No worries, though, you don't have to get into if you don't want. I was just legitimately curious because you don't hear people bring that kind of stuff up everyday, ya know?

[EDIT: just saw this:

Haha, I don't think I've seen that one. That's an older movie with a more modern remake too, right?

Might have to check it out if it's all sci-fi and spacey and stuff.]
Event Horizon is an "old" movie already. Scary stuff. Man-made black holes to warp space for travel premise. Things went bad. I'm not aware of a remake, but that's not surprising. The Red Dwarf was humor with the same stuff. Great Britcom.

oldngray

nowhere special
Event Horizon is an "old" movie already. Scary stuff. Man-made black holes to warp space for travel premise. Things went bad. The Red Dwarf was humor with the same stuff. Great Britcom.

Brits were great at doing a lot with small budgets. Often looked cheesy but entertaining.

J

jibbs

Brits were great at doing a lot with small budgets. Often looked cheesy but entertaining.

I really like the sci-fi stuff that comes out of Canada. Either British Columbia or Vancouver, I think, or maybe both.... Canadian sci-fi shows always have the potential for greatness, even if CGI leaves something to be desired.

I chew grizzly and hit happy hour during my last break...really helps calm me down...do you know why? Cause I'm a goddam COWBOY

Like, grizzly jerky? That you killed yourself, with your bare hands?

Fookin' savage, bro.

oldngray

nowhere special
I really like the sci-fi stuff that comes out of Canada. Either British Columbia or Vancouver, I think, or maybe both.... Canadian sci-fi shows always have the potential for greatness, even if CGI leaves something to be desired.

Like, grizzly jerky? That you killed yourself, with your bare hands?

Fookin' savage, bro.

Most of the recent shows were filmed in Canada. Cheaper there I guess.

J

jibbs

Most of the recent shows were filmed in Canada. Cheaper there I guess.

Yeaaah, they get tax cuts for producing and filming there. Not even entire shows, just certain percentages sometimes.

I didn't wanna be the geek to be the one to know that but yeah, there ya go. :blushing:

WorknLateHuh

I don't think this stuff'll be a mystery forever, is what I mean.

obviously technology is and will continue to climb, but even with that I feel that scientists will only gather theories about them. I mean, how will we properly examine them without being closer to one? Honestly I don't think we will ever venture far from our solar system. We are so limited without light speed travel

The closest star is 4 light years away. I don't see how humans will ever get there without some kind of wormhole technology. don't think it'll ever happen

Message me if you want dude

Rack em

Made the Podium
obviously technology is and will continue to climb, but even with that I feel that scientists will only gather theories about them. I mean, how will we properly examine them without being closer to one? Honestly I don't think we will ever venture far from our solar system. We are so limited without light speed travel

The closest star is 4 light years away. I don't see how humans will ever get there without some kind of wormhole technology. don't think it'll ever happen

Message me if you want dude
I think I read it would only take 17 thousand years going at 95% the speed of like to reach the closest star. We have a goal to shoot for haha