My Final Saturdays

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
After being forced into Tues-Sat last year, I have finally reached enough seniority to be moved back to Mon-Fri! Thank you Jeebus. Saturday Ground is a joke.

To all the poor souls still stuck doing 4 routes combined into one, hang in there!! The 22.4’s are coming! Haha, joking. :butt:

proyer

After being forced into Tues-Sat last year, I have finally reached enough seniority to be moved back to Mon-Fri! Thank you Jeebus. Saturday Ground is a joke.

To all the poor souls still stuck doing 4 routes combined into one, hang in there!! The 22.4’s are coming! Haha, joking. :butt:

You’re missing the biggest benefit for working Saturdays, I volunteered, double-time Monday’s. Peak is right around the corner. Cha-Ching.

badpal

Welcome back to the well oiled machine that is UPS on mondays.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
You’re missing the biggest benefit for working Saturdays, I volunteered, double-time Monday’s. Peak is right around the corner. Cha-Ching.
Saturday is our 6th punch here regardless of schedule. If you are T-S and want that OT day, gotta come in and help on Mondays here. No thanks!

GenericUsername

Today was my first Saturday for ground. We were all clocked out by 7. The previous group of Saturday drivers were all out until 10 most times. I don't see why, the day was simple.

Arch

Saturday ground sucks. If I have more then 110 stops, I will not be able to finish. The worst part of it is that my area gets tons of apartments and more then half the time nobody is there. 15% of what's inside the truck will be send agains or for clerks and that's a lot. You think more people would be home Saturdays but that is not the case here.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Oops. Bad news. The center is merging and you are back on Saturday's.

Here is the real kicker: 5 new guys ahead of you have only a few days senority!

Heavy Package

Saturday ground sucks.

Plane was late this Saturday. Management told everyone to take their lunch. We said no. Management told everyone to go home and come back in 2 hours. We said no. Made us clean package car windshields while others drove the irreg tug in circles. Started actual delivery at 2:30pm. 11-hr paid day.

Yes, Saturday's are a complete joke.

WTFm8

Plane was late this Saturday. Management told everyone to take their lunch. We said no. Management told everyone to go home and come back in 2 hours. We said no. Made us clean package car windshields while others drove the irreg tug in circles. Started actual delivery at 2:30pm. 11-hr paid day.

Yes, Saturday's are a complete joke.

Our air was late this Saturday also. Truck came 23 minutes after our start time. 15 minutes after the dispatch supervisor told us the building manager said we have to change our start times to when the truck arrived.

I got a good laugh and told em I’m keeping it the scheduled time due to inadiquate notice per the contract and I’d file a grievance if it’s adjusted. Then left the office and texted a steward the names of drivers on for the day to verify timecards are the scheduled start-time.

The Driver

I drive.
My route is a Tues-Sat route but I'm thinking about informing my center manager that from now on I will be coming in on Monday to bump a low seniority driver.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Our air was late this Saturday also. Truck came 23 minutes after our start time. 15 minutes after the dispatch supervisor told us the building manager said we have to change our start times to when the truck arrived.

I got a good laugh and told em I’m keeping it the scheduled time due to inadiquate notice per the contract and I’d file a grievance if it’s adjusted. Then left the office and texted a steward the names of drivers on for the day to verify timecards are the scheduled start-time.
Management is the ENEMY!
Bury them in Grievances!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Saturdays at my center are a shiiiiite show. But it's what I was hired FT for in January so I've always had a positive attitude about it, at least more so than most. Tues-Fri I can do a 170 stop 350 pkg 55 mile business route and be clocked out by 530 on a good day.
Saturday's it's been 100 stops 110 pkgs 150 miles back at 8, or I cover the "pickup route" which is more like 70-80 gravy resis with 3 hours of labor heavy pickups (docks are all blocked on the weekends so it's 90% hand-carting) and get back at 7. The big drawbacks are trying to get out of the building on time, getting 30 nda deliveries with commits laxed by an hour and a half, and having to navigate them perfectly without breaking route (which basically means completely ignore Orion, scroll and use area knowledge and shelf sequence as your EDD). And the ods pickups that can come from all over the county and thus are tough to divy up evenly. We usually have 7 routes out on Saturdays compared to 65ish Mon-Fri.
When we still had RDO, I learned 3 routes and basically had them all down after 2-3 days. Gaining area knowledge has been a slow burn on Saturday ODO but slowly and surely I'm gaining a nice base ability to figure out where I'm going without any technology. Saturdays are good for us new drivers because it forces you to gain area knowledge or pay the consequences of losing time letting that orion junk take you back and forth between 4 towns.