My Hobby Income Exceeded My Pension

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The hobby I started just 2 years ago started making us money on the side by doing it about 10 hours a week.

Last year this income exceeded our pension. This is after expenses. It has been unbelievable. We worked maybe at most 2 hours at it per day.

So far in the first 5 weeks of 2019. Our hobby income has exceeded about 3 months of pension payments.

What is so great about this is it is so much fun and we would do it for free. It's nice to take this extra income and help our grown children out more with the grandchildren.

So take that hobby of yours, something you love , and see where it goes.

Shiftless

I agree! If you have a hobby or passion have fun with it! I do the same. I have a couple hobbies that bleed over each other due to seasonal activity. They both make my day entertaining since I have no clock to punch. It fits nice with retirement as I can travel and play at will no time lines so pressing I cant take long extended travel periods.

Retired or gonna Retire? STAY BUSY! That's the key! You don't have to make money either! Just giving back in some way always helps the community!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The hobby I started just 2 years ago started making us money on the side by doing it about 10 hours a week.

Last year this income exceeded our pension. This is after expenses. It has been unbelievable. We worked maybe at most 2 hours at it per day.

So far in the first 5 weeks of 2019. Our hobby income has exceeded about 3 months of pension payments.

What is so great about this is it is so much fun and we would do it for free. It's nice to take this extra income and help our grown children out more with the grandchildren.

Which club you dancing at now

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I agree! If you have a hobby or passion have fun with it! I do the same. I have a couple hobbies that bleed over each other due to seasonal activity. They both make my day entertaining since I have no clock to punch. It fits nice with retirement as I can travel and play at will no time lines so pressing I cant take long extended travel periods.

Retired or gonna Retire? STAY BUSY! That's the key! You don't have to make money either! Just giving back in some way always helps the community!
exactly.

thanks for your positive comment. that is exactly what we love about this. do it when we want. and when I buy our next project we take the back roads instead the freeway to look at the scenery.

i actually love getting up in the morning to get started.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we restore stuff that no one else does and it sells easily.

buy within a 50 mile radius at moving, garage, estate sales which we love going to anyway. the great thing is the word has spread that we do this and people contact us and either give us the items or trade in their old stuff to buy one of our restorations.

I would practically do this for free it is so much fun.

UPSER1987

buy within a 50 mile radius at moving, garage, estate sales which we love going to anyway. the great thing is the word has spread that we do this and people contact us and either give us the items or trade in their old stuff to buy one of our restorations.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Which one is @olroadbeech
61C3E156-F462-4177-A6CF-AB048FA6BFFB.jpeg

rod

Retired 22 years

Tell the truth now---you like sniffing the fumes of that paint stripper.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation

More sales on a net basis than your pension. That is pretty amazing.

Let me ask you; are you seeing a spike or decline in sales during this pandemic?

Thanks