My Hobby Income Exceeded My Pension

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
20 dollars is 20 dollars?
picdump_2822_51.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The global supply chain problems have been a boon for my hobby. With new inventory being scarce I can almost name my price on our quality used units. Some are going for close to new prices.

Actually , we have to charge more to recover the parts costs which have gone up 30-40% in last year.

We have evolved into doing custom "one of a kind" projects which has garnered worldwide attention. The local paper wanted to do a story on us but I politely declined. Just dont want this to turn into a business or another job.

Still have incredible passion for this hobby after 4 plus years and still only do it about 2-3 hours a day about 4 days a week. Averaging $80-125 an hour. Often times more.

It's best for us to take time off to keep it fun. Have been averaging selling about 30 projects a year but this year will hopefully cut that down to 15-20. The average sales price is going up because the quality is going up and it's more custom than regular.

The key I think is that I would do this for free and could keep everything we make but we would run out of room so I put them up for sale. I still keep 5-6 for ourselves. We do turn down a lot of projects people want us to do. I'd rather do my own and if people like them then great , if not we will just keep. Being commissioned for a project just rubs me the wrong way. Then I would feel like an employee again.

No way are we going to tell what this is. It would be too easy for you clowns to find out who I really am. Plus we are supposed to be anonymous on this forum.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The global supply chain problems have been a boon for my hobby. With new inventory being scarce I can almost name my price on our quality used units. Some are going for close to new prices.

Actually , we have to charge more to recover the parts costs which have gone up 30-40% in last year.

We have evolved into doing custom "one of a kind" projects which has garnered worldwide attention. The local paper wanted to do a story on us but I politely declined. Just dont want this to turn into a business or another job.

Still have incredible passion for this hobby after 4 plus years and still only do it about 2-3 hours a day about 4 days a week. Averaging $80-125 an hour. Often times more.

It's best for us to take time off to keep it fun. Have been averaging selling about 30 projects a year but this year will hopefully cut that down to 15-20. The average sales price is going up because the quality is going up and it's more custom than regular.

The key I think is that I would do this for free and could keep everything we make but we would run out of room so I put them up for sale. I still keep 5-6 for ourselves. We do turn down a lot of projects people want us to do. I'd rather do my own and if people like them then great , if not we will just keep. Being commissioned for a project just rubs me the wrong way. Then I would feel like an employee again.

No way are we going to tell what this is. It would be too easy for you clowns to find out who I really am. Plus we are supposed to be anonymous on this forum.
Nobody has any idea what you’re droning on about
So the question is why keep bringing it up other than to bring attention to yourself

You really are a piece of work

trickpony1

It's a collapsible, highly mobile stripper pole.
Options include:
- strobe lights
- body oil dispenser
- boom box and
- dime bag dispenser.

Just a wild guess.......

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
lot of hidden replies from clowns on ignore......

we have set up 1500 a month auto invest from this extra income into our vanguard accts.
turning down business because the manufacturers won't have new inventory for maybe 2 years.
Used units are going thru the roof in price.

all I can say is we are having a blast doing this. only a couple hours a day . we stopped repairing for other owners because the income is a lot less than the avg hourly income on restorations.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
lot of hidden replies from clowns on ignore......

we have set up 1500 a month auto invest from this extra income into our vanguard accts.
turning down business because the manufacturers won't have new inventory for maybe 2 years.
Used units are going thru the roof in price.

all I can say is we are having a blast doing this. only a couple hours a day . we stopped repairing for other owners because the income is a lot less than the avg hourly income on restorations.
Good to know

SMFH!!!

badpal

Any other retirees have a hobby that they make some spare cash on?
Well i not retired yet, but in the fall i pickup and hull, crack,and pick out black walnut meats. then sell them .After all that work i probably make about a quarter per hour. but what the heck, i enjoy it and i can just do it at my OWN pace. After 40 years at UPS that's the part i enjoy best.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well i not retired yet, but in the fall i pickup and hull, crack,and pick out black walnut meats. then sell them .After all that work i probably make about a quarter per hour. but what the heck, i enjoy it and i can just do it at my OWN pace. After 40 years at UPS that's the part i enjoy best.
40 years and still at it
Keep working so that pension check keeps showing up at my house

cachmeifucan

Mikes ok but Frank sucks the big one.
Frank is the one that never missed sturgis. I heard they got rid of him if mike is so great he should of stayed married. The show will fail without frank. Mike and his brother are cool just read a article mike and frank haven't spoke in 2 years and frank just had back surgery mike didn't even call. Sure goin to his head. I never liked dani. She got to many tattoos for a female.