My manager is a bully :(

F

Frankie's Friend

I always check my air before pulling out and have the supervisors come dig in my truck looking for missing ones and then always tell them if I’ll have a late face to face. We also have to do written air manifest and turn in before we leave I mark which will be late and which ones are missing on that.
Why don't you print them (on the clock) off the computer? Driver Manifest specific service level will give you every next day detail and then check them off.

ManInBrown

So to day was a great day,
I was pulled into the office twice. one for performance and then again for a warning letter for a late air.

This is my history.

On Monday i was missing an air so i sent a message while i was doing my pre-trip and verifying my airs then i proceed to deliver only airs leaving the missing package stop for last. I got to the stop and sent another message saying that i was going to look for the air until 1031 and if i couldn't find it then ill resume to do my route, Its 1031 couldn't go thro the whole load but sent a message that ill resume my route, about 20 minutes later there was the air mixed with a bulk stop on the RDR.

So all of the sudden today after i sign 4 grievances and my steward handed them to my manager the guy decided to say "oh btw im giving him an warning letter for the late air, because he failed to communicate me that he was missing it" . i was told this when i got to the office so i tried to explain to him that it was not my fault that his team failed to relay the message to him. in fact the 3 messages i sent.

He still saying he is giving me the warning letter so i told them i wont accept it and i want to fight it.

Now he says he is gonna pull the past 3 years record of the route i just won the bid on to prove that im doing something wrong.

This is a clear example of over supervising and harassment clear violation of the article 37 i believe it is. or am i wrong?

now question is every manager really this dumb?
Get used to it. A lot of BS comes with being on the 9.5 and standing up for yourself. You will be watched like a hawk, while the runner gunner next to you can get away with murder and no one blinks an eye. Your first mistake was keeping it moving at 10:31. That’s not what you do. You don’t deliver a single package until you go thru that entire truck and verify that last air isn’t on there. You can’t do that anymore. Charlie the runner gunner can. You should have emptied that entire truck out on the side of the road searching for that last air. That was your mistake. Watch your P’s and Q’s now. They’re watching you.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
This is my history.

hey-im-much-better-last-night-god-talked-to-me-12264409.png
:mornincoffee:

Siveriano

So, some :censored2: driver wants to file a bunch of cute grievances and then whines when the heat gets turned back on him. Can dish it out but can't take it, typical union goon.

hahha i hope you are joking. Im not really scared, they know better idgaf of what they say or what they do,Im gonna do my job and thats it. im a driver who in less than 4 years have learned to stand by myself, if i do something wrong, i man up and deal with the consequences but if some guy with a title and a god complex think they are gonna put me down then they better watch out because i was raised to not let anyone put me down.

At my center they joke around how my manager dont call a hearing on me but instead i call the hearing on him.

Last edited:

Siveriano

If the manager harassed you after you gave him 4 grievances you need to call the NLRB office near you, ask for an information officer and tell them that you are being harassed for exercising your bargained for rights as a union member.
Then file the charges on him if the NLRB says you have grounds.
It won't cost you a dime.

Just verified with my steward and yes he decided to give me the warning letter after he was handed the 4 grievances, looking into the NLRB number right now.

El Correcto

god is dead
hahha i hope you are joking. Im not really scared, they know better idgaf of what they say or what they do,Im gonna do my job and thats it. im a driver who in less than 4 years have learned to stand by myself, if i do something wrong, i man up and deal with the consequences but if some guy with a title and a god complex think they are gonna put me down then they better watch out because i was raised to not let anyone put me down.

At my center they joke around how my manager dont call a hearing on me but instead i call the hearing on him.
I did that my first and second year in.

Then I learned to just roll with the punches.

I ain’t got time to be arguing with some prick with his panties in a wad because his boss is :censored2:ting on him daily. I just yes sir no sir them and move on with it because I truly don’t care anymore.

Siveriano

I did that my first and second year in.

Then I learned to just roll with the punches.

I ain’t got time to be arguing with some prick with his panties in a wad because his boss is :censored2:ting on him daily. I just yes sir no sir them and move on with it because I truly don’t care anymore.

i respect your choice. but i believe it to be part of the problem, too many drivers rolling with it and cutting short the contract to the point management think they can just punch everyone because some guys just roll with it and when someone punches back then they panic and make it personal.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I was pulled into the office twice. one for performance and then again for a warning letter for a late air.

This is my history.

On Monday i was missing an air so i sent a message while i was doing my pre-trip and verifying my airs then i proceed to deliver only airs leaving the missing package stop for last. I got to the stop and sent another message saying that i was going to look for the air until 1031 and if i couldn't find it then ill resume to do my route, Its 1031 couldn't go thro the whole load but sent a message that ill resume my route, about 20 minutes later there was the air mixed with a bulk stop on the RDR.

So all of the sudden today after i sign 4 grievances and my steward handed them to my manager the guy decided to say "oh btw im giving him an warning letter for the late air, because he failed to communicate me that he was missing it" . i was told this when i got to the office so i tried to explain to him that it was not my fault that his team failed to relay the message to him. in fact the 3 messages i sent.

He still saying he is giving me the warning letter so i told them i wont accept it and i want to fight it.

Now he says he is gonna pull the past 3 years record of the route i just won the bid on to prove that im doing something wrong.

This is a clear example of over supervising and harassment clear violation of the article 37 i believe it is. or am i wrong?

In all this you typed...where was the air SPA'd too. 1000 section, RDR (was this the actual stop?) If it was in the RDR bulk stop how big was it? To big to put somewhere else...just because you sent a message does not clear you for having a late air?

IESucks

This is my history.

Bottom line...if they want to fire you they can. There are too many things we have to do right. 4 grievances? You are a target. Happy job hunting

This is my history.

Tell him you want a three day ride, for starters. Number 2 you wasn't the driver if record for the past three years. Things on that route had probably changed since a few years ago.

El Correcto

god is dead
i respect your choice. but i believe it to be part of the problem, too many drivers rolling with it and cutting short the contract to the point management think they can just punch everyone because some guys just roll with it and when someone punches back then they panic and make it personal.
I never said I don’t file. I just don’t make a big deal of it and put on theatricals. I don’t argue with them or complain about warning letters. I just file and go about my business.

rocket man

This is my history.

Write letter. Of consern detaied that will shut hom down .dpnt forget grive any and
letters

F

Frankie's Friend

Bottom line...if they want to fire you they can. There are too many things we have to do right. 4 grievances? You are a target. Happy job hunting
What is your name. (Besides loser). He needs it for the labor charges.

ManInBrown

In all this you typed...where was the air SPA'd too. 1000 section, RDR (was this the actual stop?) If it was in the RDR bulk stop how big was it? To big to put somewhere else...just because you sent a message does not clear you for having a late air?
If he wasn’t a driver whostands up for himself and files grievances would this still be an issue? No it wouldn’t. When I was in package we had a runner gunner who got done at 4pm every single day, then proceeded to spend the next 4 hours bailing out the center manager by driving all over gods green earth taking 10 from this driver and 10 from that driver. Well one Monday this driver gets off 22 ground stops before his last air. Gets t9 his last air and it’s nowhere to be found. Ends up finding it at 4pm. He isn’t even spoken to about it. Like it never happened. Lol