My manager is refusing to fix my Paid Sick Time from last week. Please advice.

Frankie11

Last Friday I requested to use my PST entitlement and for some reason they also changed my timecard without my permission on Tuesday to take out an additional four hours of Paid Sick Time (I'm unsure what is so difficult about a drop down menu). I was there for around 3 hours and forty five minutes on Tuesday, so they basically paid me an extra $4.50 for deducting four hours of Paid Sick Time. Four Hours of Paid Sick Time should equal $72, not $4.500.

I brought this up to the UPS manager and he said that I got “Paid More Than I should have” and they will have to "take it back" because I’m getting paid for four hours on Tuesday instead of the three hours and forty five minutes that I went in person to work. They did make the mistake, however, it seems they want me to pay back $4.500 so I could get back my four hours of PST.

What should my next action be? Should I file a grievance and also talk to a BA?

PT Car Washer

Last Friday I requested to use my PST entitlement and for some reason they also changed my timecard without my permission on Tuesday to take out an additional four hours of Paid Sick Time (I'm unsure what is so difficult about a drop down menu). I was there for around 3 hours and forty five minutes on Tuesday, so they basically paid me an extra $4.50 for deducting four hours of Paid Sick Time. Four Hours of Paid Sick Time should equal $72, not $4.500.

I brought this up to the UPS manager and he said that I got “Paid More Than I should have” and they will have to "take it back" because I’m getting paid for four hours on Tuesday instead of the three hours and forty five minutes that I went in person to work. They did make the mistake, however, it seems they want me to pay back $4.500 so I could get back my four hours of PST.

You get paid sick time?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

anything for a Penny
1677940185378.gif

bumped

Yes most supplements do. What crappy supplement you in that you don’t get paid sick time?
I don't get paid sick time, but I do get not being forced a 6th day and the ability to actually get my 8 hours because we can bring the work back.

charm299

I don't get paid sick time, but I do get not being forced a 6th day and the ability to actually get my 8 hours because we can bring the work back.
We can’t get forced sixth day, but we can’t bring work back but I don’t mind, I’ll take the 2 hour penalty pay

Frankie11

Thanks for the reply and taking the time to have a conversation about paycheck dynamics instead of wasting your time on the internet by posting a meme. I greatly appreciate it.

It is not that much money, however, I would like to know your advice about getting the $67.50 that I am owed. I could either file a grievance to get the $67.50 and ask for penalty pay or "owe" $4.500 so I could get back my four hours of Paid Sick Time. Please advice what I should do in this scenario.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks for the reply and taking the time to have a conversation about paycheck dynamics instead of wasting your time on the internet by posting a meme. I greatly appreciate it.

It is not that much money, however, I would like to know your advice about getting the $67.50 that I am owed. I could either file a grievance to get the $67.50 and ask for penalty pay or "owe" $4.500 so I could get back my four hours of Paid Sick Time. Please advice what I should do in this scenario.

FC0C21EE-D7FE-492E-80E5-A5C2DBA4E898.jpeg