My pickup

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We can't continue running this business purely on numbers, reports, and compliance metrics without human beings being permitted to make adjustments based on common sense.
Yes, you can. Here's why...FedEx is running the company on reports and numbers also and providing the same crappy customer service. Where will the customers go? They'll adapt to the new normal and we'll adapt to being nonthinking non caring robots. We're all in a race to the bottom.

JL 0513

Yes, you can. Here's why...FedEx is running the company on reports and numbers also and providing the same crappy customer service. Where will the customers go? They'll adapt to the new normal and we'll adapt to being nonthinking non caring robots. We're all in a race to the bottom.

Of course FedEx also operates by the numbers, every business must. We all know UPS is a whole other level though. Even when looking just at the differences out in the delivery process. Their package cars aren't wired with extensive telematics like ours. They don't deal with back first exceptions and all that non-sense. They can leave the trucks running at stops, not a problem. Kinda like they're cheating at the same game. It does make us safer though, just saying they aren't nearly as handicapped as UPS has made themselves. Plus they don't have Orion so they don't have to turn left all day and cross the street at every other stop.

DOK

It still doesn't make any sense to me but I guess since you guys are all saying the same thing he must have been telling me the truth. I didn't exactly think he was lying but sometimes you just get skeptical when things don't make any sense.

I guess I'll deal with it for the time being and hope next time it works out different. Thank you everyone for your replies
It doesn't make sense to us either but the supervisors need to track these meaningless things to justify their jobs.

Boss1108

We had a driver terminated for a very similar circumstance. His case went to panel. It didn't look good for him until another driver found an old text from a supervisor instructing him to do the very thing that the fired driver had done. He came back but no back pay.

Star B

White Lightening
Plus they don't have Orion so they don't have to turn left all day and cross the street at every other stop.
Actually, we do. Called DRA/ROADs. Stop by stop assignment. Some days, it's great, it puts it on the correct side. Other days, you're delivering to the other side of the highway. I swear our software has a "HANGOVER_MODE=1" option

Nolimitz

Telematics is the next step for FedEx. it's in the works and as Star points out DRA is as bad as Orion. Stop 30 and 82 are on same street within walking distance of each other??