My Prayers Have Been Answered,.....THANK YOU!!!

badsporh

He who is not with us, is against us.
Of course UPS never said that to the NLRB. They just fired him for "anything", and it was because UPS got a wink and a nod from the union. The NLRB has made the decision to bring charges on UPS because of the results of their investigation based on ALL of the evidence, both circumstantial and material, has led them to believe that UPS violated the NLRA in discharging brother *******.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You must be missing the word "denying" being used 3 times.

All so, the part about sustaining one charge because it is "arguable".

Good luck with that.

That's not what UPS terminated him for.

Repeatedly.

Basically, over-all job performance.

They're called the "340 Methods". That's just the name.

-Bug-
You speak as if you sat on the panel that sent him up the river???
I pretty sure you didn't.

Anyway, I would "all so" like to add this observation:

Every year my on-car supe performs what the company terms a "space and visibility" ride, where my "methods" are closely scrutinized.
They carry with them a clipboard, with a multi-page form attached.
On this form they are required to find 8 deficiencies on each page of the form, to which they never fail.
This is because it is virtually impossible to not be remiss numerous times in an 8hr+ shift, when there is such a vast criteria to follow, with ever changing variables at play.

With this in mind, on a job with at least 340 known methods; how hard would it be to put a "targeted" driver", "under the microscope" and trump up a case that could be made on any driver, on any given day.

Makes me also wonder how vigorously he was defended by the very people he just attempted to unseat in his local months prior.

~Bbbl~

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You speak as if you sat on the panel that sent him up the river???

Nope.

He posted both the company and Union's written case.... on Facebook.

I downloaded them. :biggrin:

Every year my on-car supe performs what the company terms a "space and visibility" ride, where my "methods" are closely scrutinized.
They carry with them a clipboard, with a multi-page form attached.
On this form they are required to find 8 deficiencies on each page of the form, to which they never fail.
This is because it is virtually impossible to not be remiss numerous times in an 8hr+ shift, when there is such a vast criteria to follow, with ever changing variables at play.

With this in mind, on a job with at least 340 known methods; how hard would it be to put a "targeted" driver", "under the microscope" and trump up a case that could be made on any driver, on any given day.

Did they ever try and discipline you for it ? There are ways around it.

Had a driver they pulled that nonsense with for over 2 years. Guess what ?? He's still there.

The center manager and supervisors are long gone.

Makes me also wonder how vigorously he was defended by the very people he just attempted to unseat in his local months prior.

He alleged that. The NLRB denied his claim, and reaffirmed it in his appeal.

Sounds like he ticked people off.... and didn't know how to cover his butt. They did.

It's pretty common with the "TDU locker room lawyers". I've seen it many times.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He posted both the company and Union's written case.... on Facebook.

I downloaded them. :biggrin:
Which group?

Sounds like an interesting read.
Did they ever try and discipline you for it ? There are ways around it.

Had a driver they pulled that nonsense with for over 2 years. Guess what ?? He's still there.

The center manager and supervisors are long gone.

Actually had one guy (supe) tell me he had to make a couple of things up, and one lady tell me that she wasn't going to, in order to document 8 deficiencies per page.

With that being the case, if they were legitimately documented or not, doesn't this company paper trail on every single driver establish reasonable doubt and make it virtually impossible, by their own records, to meet the burden of proof?

He alleged that. The NLRB denied his claim, and reaffirmed it in his appeal.

Sounds like he ticked people off.... and didn't know how to cover his butt. They did.

I've never found the NLRB to have much interest or teeth in these type of cases.

They just aren't "sexy enough" to extend past the long arms of UPS's political influence, and the alligator arms of Teamsters.

Now if he could substantiate the involvement of a guy named Guido???....they would be all in.

~Bbbl~

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Sounds like an interesting read.

Textbook case, of what not to do.

Actually had one guy (supe) tell me he had to make a couple of things up, and one lady tell me that she wasn't going to, in order to document 8 deficiencies per page.

With that being the case, if they were legitimately documented or not, doesn't this company paper trail on every single driver establish reasonable doubt and make it virtually impossible, by their own records, to meet the burden of proof?

That's why the JAC, (has) shot down company cases on that.

I can't speak about that area panel.

I've never found the NLRB to have much interest or teeth in these type of cases.

Filing against the company and your Local ?

You better have irrefutable evidence.... or, it looks like "sour grapes". So to speak.

-Bug-

You wrote something to me I responded. If you don't like it who cares slappy
Don't you know who you are talking to. You better recognize!!!!!!
image.png

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While there is no such thing as a perfect driver, there are drivers who follow the methods to the point where it is possible to go through an entire S&V without a discrepancy noted.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Or get ready to sniff or Lick their Butts. Especially Rons!
Hey, if that continues to work for you in your local, stick with it I guess???

For me, I had a chance to follow your lead and have it handed to me, but declined.
Wait until you see the guy they appointed instead, oh boy.

No thanks, I will make my own way.