My story on full electric vehicles

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'll be all smiles driving it.

2017-Mazda-CX-9-Carscoops1.jpg

cx-9-61.jpg
At least that's more flat and wagon-like. The first thing I think when I hear "crossover" is your typical minivan in denial.

http://image.trucktrend.com/friend/roadtests/suv/163_1208_2013_hyundai_santa_fe_sport_awd_first_test/39270857/2013-hyundai-santa-fe-sport-front-three-quarter.jpg

govols019

You smell that?
I'm getting a 3/4 ton pickup that will probably get 13 - 15 mpg ---if I'm lucky. Screw the environment.

I have a 3/4 ton truck and the best MPG I've ever gotten was 13.3MPG...I average in the 11's most of the time.

Of course, mines a gas burner...get better MPG with a diesel.

JL 0513

Yeah forgot they had a 9. Thought it was only the cx 5 and 7

The CX-7 ended production in 2012. The CX-5 actually replaced that even though the 5 is smaller but fits with the compact class (CR-V, Rav4, etc). It's possible Mazda may bring back the 7 but it would be unusual to stick another model between the compact and midsize class. Don't forget about the new sub-compact CX-3 crossover.

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
I'm getting a 3/4 ton pickup that will probably get 13 - 15 mpg ---if I'm lucky. Screw the environment.
You are lucky , I get 12 city and 14 freeway if I bump up my tire pressure I get 15 freeway and that's with my jeep but I do have 37s on it

rod

Retired 22 years
You are lucky , I get 12 city and 14 freeway if I bump up my tire pressure I get 15 freeway and that's with my jeep but I do have 37s on it

That's what I get with my 1/2 ton Silverado. Window sticker actually said 19 to 21 hwy---what a joke. I figure it can't get any worse with a half ton. I get 7 or 8 pulling my camper.

Yes, we have hybrid electrics, hybrid hydraulics, and pure electrics. The pure electrics have a 4cyl generator on board to create power in high consumption times. The guys that drive these don't complain, except when they are taken out due to another mechanical failure and are given a beater.
That actually sounds pretty cool. The 4cylinder generator that is. The package cars that we have only recharge by plugging them into a charging dock (which half the time doesn't happen) or brake recharging.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Keeps are crazy underpowered for those huge tires.

You should change the gears or shift points

underworked1

Ups probably does this for the tax benefits. About 5 years ago I worked for a different company that turned 2 vehicles into hydrogen powered...for about 6 months then switched back. Between the hydrogen refusing station and the cost of change they spent probably half a million. But the investment into clean energy saved them millions on a tax break. They had no intention of keeping them..just did the little they had to...thanks Obama

underworked1

Giving it time won't help. They'll be delivering from hovercrafts before UPS replaces the current electric vehicles.
That ain't no :censored2:. Manual trucks are still around and they are a massive safety hazard. One hand on the wheel and have to worry about roll aways. If safety trumped cost, we all would be driving automatics.