my take on the economy and the players

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
i just thought i would share this video clip. it shows all the major players. and it shows the bus wreck that is our country.

you figure out the players

bus crash

d

mikestrek

i just thought i would share this video clip. it shows all the major players. and it shows the bus wreck that is our country.

YouTube - bus crash

d
FINALY!!!! :surprised: THANK you DANNYBOY. I've been saying it all along and you captured it all on tape.

George W Bush has run our wonderful country into a ditch. I've been saying Bush Jr should give us all an apology and pay back some of the Lost money $$$$ (BIG TIME)

Two (2) Terms, Eight (8) years and remember we had a SURPLUS and a booming economy with LOW unemployment

AND Bush is still President!!! Bush even had a Republican Congress and Senate and he still Blew it.

Thank God OBAMA takes over Jan 20, I only wish OBAMA could start YESTERDAY.

THANK YOU DANNYBOY for bringing forward the tape. Sums it all up. :happy-very:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Its nice to know that your dislike for our current president concerns only some $$$ you think you have lost.
But praying for your idol to solve all your problems is like p_ssing in to the wind, it will only blow back upon yourself.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
FINALY!!!! :surprised: THANK you DANNYBOY. I've been saying it all along and you captured it all on tape.

George W Bush has run our wonderful country into a ditch. I've been saying Bush Jr should give us all an apology and pay back some of the Lost money $$$$ (BIG TIME)

Two (2) Terms, Eight (8) years and remember we had a SURPLUS and a booming economy with LOW unemployment

AND Bush is still President!!! Bush even had a Republican Congress and Senate and he still Blew it.

Thank God OBAMA takes over Jan 20, I only wish OBAMA could start YESTERDAY.

THANK YOU DANNYBOY for bringing forward the tape. Sums it all up. :happy-very:

Wind whispering through the pines,
back and forth banter,
boasts of empty knowledge.
Ahhh...brings back memories of high school!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Using the video as a metaphor, I see BUSH driving the bus, the road is slippery, but if careful, can be driven safely, however, BUSH is traveling too fast for conditions and didnt leave himself an out.

Then, the yellow car, merges in front of the bus but it is going to slow for the bus to slow down and the bus flashes his lights and tries to slow causing the bus to lose control ultimately crashing (the economy)

The yellow car (republican congress), representing 2 wars, uncontrolled republican spending, deregulation of the mortgage and financial industry, attacking of civil rights (aka eminate domain) and corruption pulls out in front of BUSH and he does not have any other option but to careen out of control and crash into the building spilling the contents of the bus all over the street.

The yellow car merely drives away scott free (removed republicans 06 & 08) and BUSH is left holding the bag.

The rescue vehicles (the democrats) arrive to treat the injured, warm the cold, clothe the torn and feed the hungry and rebuild the destroyed. As usual, the democrats have to clean up a mess created by republicans on the highway of the USA.

Thats how I saw it.:wink2:

mikestrek

Using the video as a metaphor, I see BUSH driving the bus, the road is slippery, but if careful, can be driven safely, however, BUSH is traveling too fast for conditions and didnt leave himself an out.

Then, the yellow car, merges in front of the bus but it is going to slow for the bus to slow down and the bus flashes his lights and tries to slow causing the bus to lose control ultimately crashing (the economy)

The yellow car (republican congress), representing 2 wars, uncontrolled republican spending, deregulation of the mortgage and financial industry, attacking of civil rights (aka eminate domain) and corruption pulls out in front of BUSH and he does not have any other option but to careen out of control and crash into the building spilling the contents of the bus all over the street.

The yellow car merely drives away scott free (removed republicans 06 & 08) and BUSH is left holding the bag.

The rescue vehicles (the democrats) arrive to treat the injured, warm the cold, clothe the torn and feed the hungry and rebuild the destroyed. As usual, the democrats have to clean up a mess created by republicans on the highway of the USA.

Thats how I saw it.:wink2:
THE OTHER SIDE. :wink2: I could not have put it any better. LOL. Right on. :happy-very:

outamyway

The Dem congress is pushing for another bailout(another of many more to come I'm sure) for the auto industry, and I have no doubts it will happen. Our entire Government is :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ing us in the ass. The Liberals want complete and utter control over the people. It's happening now and most of the people in congress, including Republicans are not trying to stop it.

It's not hard to read between the lines and see what's going on but our schools, the media, TV, movies, radio, ect tries to teach us that the enemy are here within our borders. At this moment we are from from what the Unites Sates of America was meant to be.

This may be all paranoid BS. I am not a good writer and will never be able to explain everything I feel, nor do I really care if I do here. I will tell you I am prepared for the worst and have been for some time, but I hope to God I am wrong about what I believe is going on and what is about to happen.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No you are not wrong.
What got everyone into this financial mess, was the free flowing credit.
Congress is still trying to stop a bleeding wallet by constantly pouring more cash into it.
I wish the fools would let nature run its course; it maybe quite painful to do so, but in the long run of things the quickest solution.
Let only the strongest companies survive.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The Dem congress is pushing for another bailout(another of many more to come I'm sure) for the auto industry, and I have no doubts it will happen. Our entire Government is :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ing us in the ass. The Liberals want complete and utter control over the people. It's happening now and most of the people in congress, including Republicans are not trying to stop it.

It's not hard to read between the lines and see what's going on but our schools, the media, TV, movies, radio, ect tries to teach us that the enemy are here within our borders. At this moment we are from from what the Unites Sates of America was meant to be.

This may be all paranoid BS. I am not a good writer and will never be able to explain everything I feel, nor do I really care if I do here. I will tell you I am prepared for the worst and have been for some time, but I hope to God I am wrong about what I believe is going on and what is about to happen.

Hey man, I can respect your opinion, even if it is "paranoid BS". But, I want to disagree with you on one point.

Today, this country is a shining example of democracy. Where else can one side remove the other side from power and shake hands in the process??

The simple fact of the matter is, "we the people" made a change in the direction of this country. It may not have been what "you" or the others may have wanted, but that is democracy.

92% of americans agree that the country was headed for a bigger disaster with the same party in power.

People all over the world are rejoicing with the change of power.

This is what democracy is all about. An example to others that we can disagree and thru a democratic vote, change our leadership and transition goverment control peacefully.

You say the DEMS are pushing for another bailout for the auto industry.. This is not true.

The AUTO INDUSTRY is pushing for another bailout.

What would you propose? Dont bail them out and lose the last maunfacturing sector of the United States?

Maybe you believe the goverment should terminate all the union contracts with the UAW and cancel all insurance and benefits and kick another 500K onto the uninsured rolls of the federal goverment?

The fault lies with the auto industry. They have been behind the curve for decades.

Building cars that were behind the times.

Maybe we should allow the entire auto industry to collapse and only import our vehicles here in the states?

Then, we could add another 10 million people to the unemployment rolls. Collectively, the auto industry employs approx. 10 million people from the factory to the salesman.

Maybe you should be proud that you live in a country where power is exchanged peacefully and without bloodshed.

Your party failed you and the United States.

The price they paid was a removal. Just like old garbage, straight to the curb.:wink2:

tieguy

Banned

Bush should let the messiah put his own bailout in of the auto industry. After all Obama is still a senator until january. I think Obama is trying to get bush to do it so he Obama does not take the heat for the mess later.

tieguy

Banned
No you are not wrong.
What got everyone into this financial mess, was the free flowing credit.
Congress is still trying to stop a bleeding wallet by constantly pouring more cash into it.
I wish the fools would let nature run its course; it maybe quite painful to do so, but in the long run of things the quickest solution.
Let only the strongest companies survive.

I think Nature may be the best course at this time. Congress ignored the economic conditions and allowed the economy to crash thus helpng their guy get elected president. Now that it has happened these band aids they are proposing will not work and are too costly.

Whats first on the agenda there Obama.

We'll were going to repeal bushs directives on stem cell research.

Uh..ok how about the economy...

we'll we're going to roll out another economic stimulus check. But it will be a different check then Bushs. You know..different paper..color...amounts...ink....so on.

ok.. then how about revenues?

Well we gonna take more from the rich and less from the poor.

great plan mr. Messiah sir question though ....stock market, real estate market and just about every other market took a beating this year. Chances are your richer tax payer may be writing off more losses this year. How do you propose to overcome a reduction of revenue.?

Well what we have to do is create a system of wealth up. We will tell the poor people to spend more money to revitilize the economy. We will then give them a check to cover the extra spending.....:)

should be interesting watching the Obama team transition from rock concerts to dealing with real issues. Perhaps Oprah can dump some of her money into the coffers to bail out her hand picked boy.

tieguy

Banned

YouTube - bus crash

d

the bus is the republican created economy that was steamrolling along.

Yellow car is the democratic congress that destroyed that economy and then left the scene to avod any responsibility.

Later a corvette with a beautifull brunette pulled up. The police did not feel like cleaning up the bus nor were they interested in looking for the yellow car. They wanted to hop into that car and go for a ride with the pretty brunette. Unbenknowst to them while the brunette was pretty and had a sexy voice she did not know how to drive the car. The police were pretty patient in the beginning of their ride with the pretty brunette but the question remains how many near misses and auto crashs will they put up with before they lose patience with the pretty brunnette who does not know how to drive but is otherwise attractive.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

outa, what is behind the times is you. funny how you see a ton of fords etc overseas, many models that you can not get here. why is that?

its because of gooberment micromanaging the business. it is regulations on safety and economy that can not exist in todays technology.

build a tank that will protect the stupid from their own stupidities, but see to it that it gets 50 miles to the gallon.

it is only here where the us auto makers are going broke. there are a lot of body styles that i saw in germany that would sell like hotcakes here. so why cant they sell them?

might also be the union protectionism on the auto industry. there is a lot of waste in the auto industry, non productive waste, that is forced on them by the union. that might have been ok during the years where they had a monopoly on car production, but not in todays era of consumer choice.

tie, you are close.

d

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
outa, what is behind the times is you. funny how you see a ton of fords etc overseas, many models that you can not get here. why is that?

The european fords are indeed better for fuel mileage and the like, but its the REPUBLICANS who have blocked thier introduction into the US markets. Ford recently debued a 55 mpg diesel compact car that looks very nice, but it will not be released here in the states.

its because of gooberment micromanaging the business. it is regulations on safety and economy that can not exist in todays technology.

Are you inferring that safety should be disguarded? Shall we eliminate airbags? What about steel, should we eliminate steel and substitute plastic because its cheaper? I am sure you would drive a plastic car and place your wife and kids into it.

What you said was exactly what RUSH limbaugh said on his show on tuesday morning 11/11/08. Regulations on safety? Do you know how many peoples lives were saved over the years with regulating safety components?

Even with the improvements made to safety and the regulation on auto makers to meet standards, thousands of people still get killed everyday on our roads.

build a tank that will protect the stupid from their own stupidities, but see to it that it gets 50 miles to the gallon.

it is only here where the us auto makers are going broke. there are a lot of body styles that i saw in germany that would sell like hotcakes here. so why cant they sell them?

This is not true. European automakers are suffering as well. The difference is, they are not as big as the us automakers and re-tooling isnt as large and adjustments can be made without having millions of unsold units sitting in lots.

The US market plays on volume, not quality. Millions of cars made and sold when gasoline is cheap. It has been no industry secret that gas was going to rise under the BUSH administration when he got elected.

For months, every analyst out there made a prediction that oil would skyrocket under BUSH, and they were right.

Now that hes leaving, surprisingly, oil is falling faster than dick cheneys approval rating.

might also be the union protectionism on the auto industry. there is a lot of waste in the auto industry, non productive waste, that is forced on them by the union. that might have been ok during the years where they had a monopoly on car production, but not in todays era of consumer choice.

Consumer choice? Who's choice? Why are americans choosing foreign made cars over domestics?

Could it be, the japanese saw the increase in fuel prices and oil and got out ahead of the curve? What did they know that our industry didnt?

You need to do a little research on auto sales in america by president. See what presidents encouraged foreign automakers to import millions of cars to our shores while at the same time killing our industry, then look at the only president to correct this trend and reverse the cycle only to have the biggest dope come into office and reverse it again.

Yes, Reagan opened the flood gates, BUSH 1 made it wider, CLINTON shut the valve, BUSH 2 opened it again.

The historical record speaks for itself.

We can talk about this all day long, detroit had it wrong since the 60's and have no one to blame but themselves, however, the american consumer with its need to satisfy its own selfishness, bought vehicles too large for practicality and learned to drive with excess instead of going with smaller vehicles.

Today, the trend when gas hit 4.75 a gallon, was to dump those big vehicles and adjust lifestyles to compensate with the rising costs.

The big three were still pumping out hemi's, large v8's, large suv's and performance cars that people no longer want.

The big three attempts at saving the large "whale" vehicles with "sortof" hybrid power plants is a joke.

10 years ago was the time to begin to "downsize" the american cars, instead, they went larger and people were dumb enough to buy them.

Try selling an Expedition today, if you paid 35K for it last year, today, you couldnt get 15K for it now.

Cars have many complexities, the time now is to protect one of the last manufacturing sectors of our country. BUSH has managed to offshore 85% of manufacturing jobs in 8 years.

Blame him.

tie, you are close.

d

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Hey man, I can respect your opinion, even if it is "paranoid BS". But, I want to disagree with you on one point.

Today, this country is a shining example of democracy. Where else can one side remove the other side from power and shake hands in the process??

The simple fact of the matter is, "we the people" made a change in the direction of this country. It may not have been what "you" or the others may have wanted, but that is democracy.

92% of americans agree that the country was headed for a bigger disaster with the same party in power.

People all over the world are rejoicing with the change of power.

This is what democracy is all about. An example to others that we can disagree and thru a democratic vote, change our leadership and transition goverment control peacefully.

You say the DEMS are pushing for another bailout for the auto industry.. This is not true.

The AUTO INDUSTRY is pushing for another bailout.

What would you propose? Dont bail them out and lose the last maunfacturing sector of the United States?

Maybe you believe the goverment should terminate all the union contracts with the UAW and cancel all insurance and benefits and kick another 500K onto the uninsured rolls of the federal goverment?

The fault lies with the auto industry. They have been behind the curve for decades.

Maybe we should allow the entire auto industry to collapse and only import our vehicles here in the states?

Then, we could add another 10 million people to the unemployment rolls. Collectively, the auto industry employs approx. 10 million people from the factory to the salesman.

Maybe you should be proud that you live in a country where power is exchanged peacefully and without bloodshed.

Your party failed you and the United States.

The price they paid was a removal. Just like old garbage, straight to the curb.:wink2:

Ummm....I know that the auto industry asked for a bailout, but Pelosi is pushing really hard for an auto bailout right now.

tieguy

Banned
Ummm....I know that the auto industry asked for a bailout, but Pelosi is pushing really hard for an auto bailout right now.

I think GM was hinting towards one when they said they would be out of cash by the end of the year.

Interesting mess. We can't afford to have GM go belly up but then they should have been doing more to cut costs sooner to keep from getting in this predicament.

Our socialist congress will do all they can to keep the voters in Michigan and ohio happy.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think GM was hinting towards one when they said they would be out of cash by the end of the year.

Interesting mess. We can't afford to have GM go belly up but then they should have been doing more to cut costs sooner to keep from getting in this predicament.

Our socialist congress will do all they can to keep the voters in Michigan and ohio happy.

Would'nt that be better for americans and the economy, than having a conservative congress running them out of business with high oil prices and millions of imported cars??

Chose your pain.